Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters
Two interesting things to come out of this:

We now have 5 Raiola clients in the squad. (Zlatan, Lukaku, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Romero)

Now the negative nancies on here won't be able to complain about our transfer window not making us stronger than last year, by bringing out the old "we've only replaced Ibra's goals with Lukaku, not added to them".

Happy days.

He'll be a huge influence on our season no doubt, in the dressing room as well as on the pitch.

Yeah he missed loads last season. But God knows where we'd have been without the ones he put away, it's not like ayone else was chipping in with any figures of note. A ridiculous specimen he is, with a desire second to none and I always felt he'd deserve a second season with us should he recover on time - which just at the turn of the new year is perfect when games come thick and fast approaching the sharp end of the season.

People also forget that currently, Lukaku is the only out and out #9 in the team. And the guys thick as shit. (couldn't resist)

This is fine as long as; he's not an automatic starter anymore and he knows this and is fine with it.

This is of course also assuming Lukaku sustains form capable of keeping Ibrahamovic out of the team.

Because the rest of the team was always passing the ball to him, probably instructed. In the sense off if you keep swinging the bat, you are bound to hit one eventually.

That makes no sense at all.
Last season, there were games where we had 10 men inside the opponent's half.
Our attackers, were all hanging around in the penalty area with opportunities to score, but they would either hit the woodwork, miss the goal or shoot straight at the keeper.
All our attackers, except Ibra, were scored roughly 4-5 goals each, which is what I would expect from a team fighting relegation.
If it was as easy as "get the ball to player X and he will be the top goal scorer", then surely every team in the league would work that way?
If you criticise Ibra for scoring 17 goals, then why not criticise our low scoring attackers - because they were dreadful.

Last season, he proved the doubters wrong and he became our top scorer, by a big margin.
It was also said that a 35 year old could not recover from a cruciate ligament injury. Well, that seems to be dispelled.
Now yet again, the doubters are doubting. These people never learn.

If he makes a good impact we see in next summer when he's 36 if he might want to stay another year. I so want to see him have a proper pre season. I was sure he would be even better in his second season when we signed him as he quit the national team and would have a proper break. Then the fecking injury come.

Some of the response to this is simply thick. He'll be a great asset to have in and around the squad when he returns, both on and off the pitch.

This now gives us real competition up front. I was a little worried with only Lukaku, Rashford and Martial who can play through the middle. I don't expect Zlatan to be starting ahead of Lukaka but he will play an important part in our squad this season.

Does he count as our fourth signing and does anyone expect another before the window closed?

NICE!!!

Just having him around the team is a boost, let alone getting him on the field when the season starts getting serious.

Yea... the lad has personality and a great sense of humour, he'll be important to the squad, especially when things don't go so well for us.

Very generous to give him a 1 year contract for what will probably be around 6 months of games. But I guess we're loaded and he will be a great option of the bench.
Probably in case he comes back before New Years so he can be registered in competitions before then.

The man delivered for us last season. Yet there is so many doubter in here. Cop on will ye. Great signing. If big Rom picked up a injury all the doubters would be crying about not having someone to replace him. Well now we have two world class strikers. Good times ahead. If we somehow got a left sided player how can defend and attack i would make us favourites for PL. Hopefully he is the same player as before the injury :devil:

Can't embed, but that's a great interview
@Raoul

"Ibracadabra!"

Love it, welcome back big man

Right :wenger:

Am I mistaken or did United not win the EL final and the semi final without Zlatan in the team ?

Oh how impossible it would have been to get past the likes of Anderlecht and Saint Ettiene without him...

No disrespect but this is laughable. How can you downplay the role Zlatan played in our title winning run?

In a way, it's like denying Ronaldo credit for Portugal's European title. Even his touchline role was worth a goal.

Also I find it complete bullshit we are paying him for a full year if he can only play for half a year. He should have only got a new contract when he was fully fit and ready to pass all medical tests.

Nar mate, you have zero idea on how to run a fecking business @The red panther

United wanna milk the Zlatan merchandise train now, not in December, so we sign him and pay him now. Mourinho wants his influence at the training ground now, not in December, so we sign and pay him now.

I already wasn't happy with our summer business but now we have resigned Zlatan I really find it a very depressing window.

Resigning a 36 year old player coming back from serious injurry and paying him a full year of gigantic salary just to use him as a back-up for 6 months. This decision reeks of desperation.

You're a strange and weird individual

So long as he's backup only/league cup games, gives us some more depth but he shouldn't be starting league or CL games.

Agreed, I'd have been happy to just move on and focus on this young core, I just hope his ego is kept in check and he's a squad player.

This is the crucial factor a lot of people miss. You cannot put a money value on this. When you have a player that inspires confidence, motivates, lifts team spirit and generally boosts your winning mentality, such a player is priceless.

Totally agree. He's a winner and you need players like that in the team and the rest of the players absorb that mentality too.

Post-Fergie we've had a lack of characters like Zlatan. Born winners who won't accept defeat. No coincidence that he scored two goals (including a late winner) in the only cup final he played in for us and I don't doubt for one moment that his presence in the dressing room was a big help in getting us across the line against Ajax. Pogba's got a bit of that about him too but is still just a kid. Zlatan is the epitomy of a senior pro, who everyone in the squad will look towards when the chips are down or they need a confidence boost. Anyone who is bummed out about whatever wages we choose to pay him is massively missing the point. I think his influence on our season will be evident before he's even kicked a ball.

Ibra-cadabra back in Manchester, to finish what he started. For me, hard not to be excited signing a personality like Ibra, even with the concerns.

I also find it a bit humours that we've signed him in back-to-back summer windows.