Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters
The signing makes good sense - hopefully high-quality cover if Lukaku gets injured or loses form, plus more options for what is already the strongest bench we have had since 99. As for dressing room dynamics, Mourinho knows him well and must believe Zlatan will add value in terms of mentoring and leadership beyond what he might actually contribute on the pitch. It would be fantastic if he could sign off with an English league medals winner to go with his collection, and if he could complete the full set in Kiev next May...

Great news if he stays a backup. The negative side of me is a little worried. He is a huge player with a big ego (not saying it in a negative way), will he be content with staying on the bench when Lukaku is firing up? Jose and him are very close. I hope Jose isn't stubborn with starting him in games over Lukaku or Martial when they are on form.

As a squad/backup it's an excellent deal.

A few thoughts...

1. He is an incredibly fit athlete
2. He will be itching to play
3. We still have a relatively young forward line so his experience will prove invaluable
4. The coaching and fitness staff know more than anyone on here whether he is capable of playing in x number of matches
5. Mourinho will know how best to fit him into team
6. We can afford it

Don't see any downside at all...

5 is far from certain.

A few thoughts...

1. He is an incredibly fit athlete
2. He will be itching to play
3. We still have a relatively young forward line so his experience will prove invaluable
4. The coaching and fitness staff know more than anyone on here whether he is capable of playing in x number of matches
5. Mourinho will know how best to fit him into team
6. We can afford it

Don't see any downside at all...

Good points.

Do we think that, once fully fit, Ibra will play the "big games" whilst Lukaku will start the run of the mill games?

Brilliant news :drool: So what's the formation? 4231, Ibra in the number 10 role behind Lukaku, Pogba and Matic as the midfield two?

feck it, let's shoehorn Fellaini in as well at LB or whatever and then whip some set-pieces into the box :cool:

We needed and extra experienced striker, a kind of header/poacher. Ibrahimović is overqualified, but he will do.

All those arguments through out the summer about getting Zlatan and Rooney out of the wage bill. Wonder what wages he is on now.

I wouldn't worry about the shoe horning bit. He likely won't be available until December or so, at which point he will be gradually brought back as a sub, so he can get back to full confidence. He will be a fantastic player to have as the league, CL, and FA Cup fixtures wear on. The more quality players the better.

Don't get me wrong i'm happy to have him back as he's a brilliant option to have at some point in the season when he's fit. But i'm just worried Mourinho won't want to leave him on the bench.

Him signing on as a #10 probably points towards his role in the team as well. I'm really intrigued to see how he plays off a main striker.

I'm very happy. But I hope he won't be expecting to start every week. Besides putting both him and Lukaku together in the starting eleven will be tricky for Jose, dont know how it will work out.

Ibra can continue educating Rashford, Martial, and Lukaku on how to be lions.

They way she was looking, smiling and laughing at his jokes... I know Zlatan has a family but I hope he smashed.

She actually rubbed her hands together when he made the cheesy, 'Ibracadabra' joke.

Off topic, but I wonder if these days pro-athletes get more sex than rock/pop/rap stars...? I mean, they're sure to be more horny given that they don't smoke are hyper-competitive and spend all day working out.

Last edited:
Whether he gets a lot of goals or not, I expect him to have the same effect as his compatriot Henrik Larson had in 06-07 :drool:

Hahahahah this thread. One subject sticks out a bit, but I'll refrain from making comments which would surely force this thread to require some form of censoring.

Instead I'll move onwards to the boring subject:
@OnlyTwoDaSilvas – I thought Zlatan was leaving since Lukaku got his jersey number? ;) You really didn't think I'd let you off the hook, did you? I nailed it and I'll be gloating with this for at least another week. Just take it!

Anybody against this has lost sight of reality.

If lukaku is firing and we're flying by the time he's fit he simply will not be a starter.
If we're struggling then he'll be a welcome addition to mix things up he got 28 goals last season and won us a cup.
But most importantly, if we are in a title race, people against this move simply have no concept of the importance of characters like this when chips are down.
I for one believe in a bit of fate in football. I think he'll return around January, play a smaller but significant role and finish his European career with a title, and cement a United legacy with some key goals along the way.

I like the hidden rhyme in that sentence !

weve just paid £75m for lukaku. He wont be second choice

Ibra must've discussed his role with Mourinho before he signed. Hard to see him settling for a place on the United bench when he's a free agent and could be first choice for another top level team.

I'd be surprised if he isn't a starter. After all, he could simply sulk through the entire contract and provide nothing, if Mou pisses him off. Which would be a big waste of 12 million.

Happy he's back. Need his personality and professionalism in that dressing room.

Brilliant news! I'll be ordering my shirt now thank you very much :)