Youth transfers and rumours thread.

If he signs for us what level will he likely go in at? U18’s or straight to the U21’s?

One would think Biancheri would be the starting striker for the U18s and Obi for the U21s. Ne really needs a bigger challenge after the year he had in the U18 Premier League.

Depending on how it goes I could see them swapping roles every now and then during the season.

Saw him compared to Olise recently but I can’t remember who by so it might be horse shit

Seems it’s getting done though

Saw him compared to Olise recently but I can’t remember who by so it might be horse shit

Seems it’s getting done though

Sounds like another very good youth addition. Some exciting signings this summer - especially today, with Obi and Lusale seemingly being confirmed.

Lusale and Chido Obi, two of the best talents in their age group in the country, both signing for United. That’s quite the accomplishment for the club. Wilcox and co earning their paychecks already.

Confirmed signings so far(well by reliable journalists atleast)

U18s
1) Dante Plunkett - Left Back
2) Chido Obi - Striker
3) Lusale - Left wing
4) James Overy - Right back

Think Alan Nixon linked us to Sam Cook too, the Aussie GK, but no confirmation on that.

Confirmed signings so far(well by reliable journalists atleast)

U18s
1) Dante Plunkett - Left Back
2) Chido Obi - Striker
3) Lusale - Left wing
4) James Overy - Right back

Think Alan Nixon linked us to Sam Cook too, the Aussie GK, but no confirmation on that.
Does Rob Earnshaw’s kid (Mexes?) come under that bracket or is he younger?

U18s treble next season if they decided to go for it, squad is far superior to anything else I’m aware of. Youth cup heading to Carrington is a very good bet

U18s treble next season if they decided to go for it, squad is far superior to anything else I’m aware of. Youth cup heading to Carrington is a very good bet

Could basically field two strong XIs. Defence is the only area that we don't have insane depth.

GK
Kamason - Munro - Armer - Amass
Devaney - Fitzgerald - J.Fletcher
Lacey - Obi-Martin - Scanlon

GK
Overy - Mills - Kukonki - Plunkett
T.Fletcher - Baumann - Ibragimov
Mantato - Biancheri - Lusale

Can't even fit in the likes of Thwaites or Bailey there.

I guess a lot of those kids will play U21 football, and not U18 anymore. Amass, J Flatcher, Scanlon, and probably Obi did not sign to play U18 again.

I guess a lot of those kids will play U21 football, and not U18 anymore. Amass, J Flatcher, Scanlon, and probably Obi did not sign to play U18 again.
You are most likely right, especially for the Under-18 Premier League.

For the FA Youth Cup though, we might draft in the best players available, even if they are playing Under-21.

Was talking about Youth Cup. Half of the first XI will probably be mostly with the U21s, even 1st team.

Reports from Poland that former Arsenal keeper Hubert Graczyk is signing for us. Has also just started following Harrison & Aljofree on Instagram, if you want to read into that sort of thing.

Probably a similar deal to Kie Plumley last season where he's an extra body for training purposes.

So it seems Will Fish off to Cardiff on permanent.
Oyedele off to Legia Warsaw on permanent.
Vitek off to BW Linz(Austrian club) on loan.

Wouldn't surprise me if Oyedele becomes a Polish NT player very soon.

You are most likely right, especially for the Under-18 Premier League.

For the FA Youth Cup though, we might draft in the best players available, even if they are playing Under-21.
Same goes with UEFA Youth Cup, get the best eligible players involved, especially as it's the Domestic Champions Route and not the CL Path.

Don't know anything about him to be honest - but looking at the United website he's an U18.

Never heard of a 'youth loan' before either. A loan for a possible first XI player who is 17, 18, 19 etc makes sense but is he being loaned out to Bolton's youth team??

Yes, because we can not give him the minutes he needs in order to develop at the moment.

Don't know anything about him to be honest - but looking at the United website he's an U18.

Never heard of a 'youth loan' before either. A loan for a possible first XI player who is 17, 18, 19 etc makes sense but is he being loaned out to Bolton's youth team??
We've done a few youth loans tbh. We've even loaned to Real Madrid youth team.

Makes sense when you have multiple youth keepers and only 30 games to try and decide who plays

We've done a few youth loans tbh. We've even loaned to Real Madrid youth team.

Makes sense when you have multiple youth keepers and only 30 games to try and decide who plays
Who did we loan to Real's youth team?

I know we've brought in youth players on loan, e.g., that Palace chap.

Loaning a 21-year old to Spanish third tier is very different than loaning a 16-year old to Bolton’s youth teams. Varela’s loan was not a youth loan.
You're splitting hairs here. I gave an example of the club loaning to another club but not their first team. Castilla is a mix of reserves and youth players

Why is Chido Obi taking years ?

Cos it's us right ?

I’d imagine it’s just negotiations on what compensation will be paid. The Lusale move was reported before the Obi-Martin deal and that only went through this week.