Youth transfers and rumours thread.

This is tantalising!

Whose 'him' and the 'he' who deleted the tweet? Obi or Lusale? Or someone else about them? And was the tweet confirming they'd been in talks with us?

:lol:

It was an exclusive from @AcademyScoop on twitter who is usually quite good, confirming it was Obi who was at Carrington.

:lol:

It was an exclusive from @AcademyScoop on twitter who is usually quite good, confirming it was Obi who was at Carrington.
Ah, thanks! :)

Well, that's good news as far as it goes. It suggests he's likely to leave Arsenal (especially if the renewal date was the 8th) and that we're in the running. Though likely to be plenty of suitors for him.

Would be a great academy signing if we managed it, given how highly rated he is.

He's one of the highest rated youth level players in England, isn't he? Had serious interest from Bayern as well, not long ago, if I'm not mistaken. Seems like this would be a huge acquisition for us, if we could get him.

A Nigerian Dane, young Oshimen apparently.

He's not similar to Osimhen from what I've seen and read about him. If you want to compare him to a current PL striker I'd say Isak is the one he's most similar to.

Not just AcademyScoop getting excited

AcademyScoop is a teenager, or an early 20s guy at best, but he does somehow have sources on English youth level football. I think if he claimed Obi-Martin was at Carrington, it's very likely to be true. I've seen other youth football accounts back it up as well, both Arsenal and United accounts.

Sir Jim not fecking about.
fm24-nextgen-wonderkids-database-chido-obi-martin.webp

Saw Chido Obi a few times last season. He scored through attrition and constantly getting oppertunities to shoot. Cant argue with his goalscoring record and has the physical build you'd want for a striker, not sure hes that clinical. He wasnt in the games I saw

He scored 10 goals in a game against Liverpool.

I don't care if he turns out to be the second coming of Weghorst - he deserves a contract just for that.

Probably the most high profile youth signing we have made?

Presumably goes straight into our u-18s team as a starter? Wonder what this means for Biancheri. I'm assuming Wheatley will be moved to u-21s or loaned out this season.

Probably the most high profile youth signing we have made?
Has to be. Shocked that we might get him to be honest, the competition for talents of his calibre are fierce.

Presumably goes straight into our u-18s team as a starter? Wonder what this means for Biancheri. I'm assuming Wheatley will be moved to u-21s or loaned out this season.

He should go into the 21s and might drop down for the Youth Cup & UEFA Youth League games. No point in him playing U18s football, he scored 30+ goals there last season.

He should go into the 21s and might drop down for the Youth Cup & UEFA Youth League games. No point in him playing U18s football, he scored 30+ goals there last season.
Bit off topic, but do we go straight into the groups for the UEFA Youth League games?

Fair point. It's crucial for Wheatley to secure a loan now. He's clearly outgrown the U-18 level and is at a stage in his development where regular senior football is essential. Getting consistent playing time at a higher level will help him refine his skills and gain the experience needed to progress.

Bit off topic, but do we go straight into the groups for the UEFA Youth League games?

No, we will play two two-legged knockout ties and then if we win those we're into the Round of 32.

He’s very physically dominant at that level. Very right footed. Favours cutting in from the left. Big guy who will contest headers too. A really interesting player! Will be a beast when he fills out.

Loves a SIUUU. Alright, I'm convinced he's coming here .

He's too old for U18 football now anyway.

Getting Obi would be amazing. Arsenal would be doing everything to keep him.

He has huge potential but Nketiah and even Afobe were putting up similar numbers at that level, without as much physical advantage over their peers. So we are a bit deflated to lose him but at the same time nothing is guaranteed with these young players. For example, Charlie Patino was hyped as the next Fabregas at Chido's age and will also leave permanently this summer (but not to Swansea City, where he's been on loan, they're not interested...)

He has huge potential but Nketiah and even Afobe were putting up similar numbers at that level, without as much physical advantage over their peers. So we are a bit deflated to lose him but at the same time nothing is guaranteed with these young players. For example, Charlie Patino was hyped as the next Fabregas at Chido's age and will also leave permanently this summer (but not to Swansea City, where he's been on loan, they're not interested...)

Your point about development not being linear is valid and Obi could absolutely fall away as he progresses up the age groups but nobody at Arsenal has ever put up numbers like he has.

Arsenal's record for most U18 goals from a schoolboy was 20 (set back in 2007) and Obi obliterated it by scoring 32.

Yeah I don't think it's worth mourning the loss of any youth player, there's just so much that could happen and no way if knowing whether they'll ever adapt to senior football at the top level

Chido Obi should be physically ready, and with his record in the 18s hes more than ready for the u21s