Youssouf Fofana

Looks like a strapping lad!

Sorry could not get past the bellend that thinks remixing an iconic Greenday song into some euro-dance crap is ever going to have been a worthwhile contribution to humanity.... unless they were proving that they could ruin any song

Looks like a strapping lad!

I know YouTube Videos don’t tell the full story at all. But yeah looks quite skilful as well for such a unit.

He loves those little chipped passes doesn’t he.

I know YouTube Videos don’t tell the full story at all. But yeah looks quite skilful as well for such a unit.

He loves those little chipped passes doesn’t he.

Doesn't have the same feel of interest as the Zirkzee one,so can't see us hijacking again

Sorry could not get past the bellend that thinks remixing an iconic Greenday song into some euro-dance crap is ever going to have been a worthwhile contribution to humanity.... unless they were proving that they could ruin any song
Agreed, I had to watch it on mute in the end!

• Milan continues to work to strengthen the midfield. The priority remains Monaco's Fofana. However, Manchester United and Atletico Madrid have entered the Frenchman and now the Monegasques are asking for 35 million.
  • The path is not easy and for this reason other options are being evaluated. Among these are Rabiot, released after the expiration of his contract with Juventus, and Rios.

I’d be happy with this signing. Showed some creativity aswell in the YouTube vid

Not a DM and with Rabiot available on a free it might be worth keeping funds for Ugarte or someone else in addition

Isn't it fecking fantastic saying to other clubs that we have other options, if you don't like our price feck off.

Ugarte, de ligt, Branthwhite etc.

It's honestly a breath of fresh air.

Isn't it fecking fantastic saying to other clubs that we have other options, if you don't like our price feck off.

Ugarte, de ligt, Branthwhite etc.

It's honestly a breath of fresh air.
Same here. Delighted we can move on quickly and be ready with other options.

I think going after him is more a negotiating ploy rather than genuine interest. We're waiting for PSG to be more reasonable with regards to Ugarte whom they want out (or Enrique does). Which should surely be possible if they actually want Sancho.

35m seems like a lot. Should be going for a similar fee to what Thuram moved to Juve for which was 20m I believe. Any higher than 25m we say no and we get him for free next summer instead.

That said I don’t think he’s the right profile as we need DMs more. So for me he should only be bought as a McTominay replacement if we sell him.

If we somehow shifted:

McT
Casemiro
Eriksen

And replaced them with:

Ugarte
Amrabat
Fofana

I’d be satisfied, although I’d rather we try something other than Amrabat if possible.

Is there a point in signing someone who essentially plays the same role as Mount? (Who already isn't a starting 11 player when fit anyway)

I feel like its Fofana/Rabiot and one of Ugarte/Amrabat/Zubimendi.

We must be looking at 2 midfielders or these targets make no sense.

35m seems like a lot. Should be going for a similar fee to what Thuram moved to Juve for which was 20m I believe. Any higher than 25m we say no and we get him for free next summer instead.

That said I don’t think he’s the right profile as we need DMs more. So for me he should only be bought as a McTominay replacement if we sell him.

If we somehow shifted:

McT
Casemiro
Eriksen

And replaced them with:

Ugarte
Amrabat
Fofana

I’d be satisfied, although I’d rather we try something other than Amrabat if possible.

I'd personally keep Casemiro for his professionalism and experience which will be huge for youngsters picking up good habits.

Also I wouldn't renew Amrabat, since it's going to cost around 20 million, I'd rather get Rabiot on a free.

Not sure about Case and professionalism. He turned up for preseason last year patently unfit and was terrible for at least 5 games.

I would probably keep him too because he can be quality in the right system, but if he fancies the Saudi league... meh.

If we somehow shifted:

McT
Casemiro
Eriksen

And replaced them with:

Ugarte
Amrabat
Fofana

I’d rather keep any of the above 3 than sign amrabat

Doesn’t Fofana play in a pivot? Don’t think Mount can play that role.

Because he doesn’t?
Well Mount is currently the first sub for either Mainoo or Bruno, unless he's being relegated to exclusively being a Bruno backup which I don't see. He's a #8, and by the looks of it more of an attack minded rather than a holding mid. So you wouldn't pair Mainoo with him just like you wouldn't pair Mainoo with Mount (unless it was in for Bruno).

Well Mount is currently the first sub for either Mainoo or Bruno, unless he's being relegated to exclusively being a Bruno backup which I don't see. He's a #8, and by the looks of it more of an attack minded rather than a holding mid. So you wouldn't pair Mainoo with him just like you wouldn't pair Mainoo with Mount (unless it was in for Bruno).
Next year at the latest, we need a back-up/replacement for Bruno - or a replacement for Mount, who hasn't been convincing so far.

Eberechi Eze would be my preferred solution.

In midfield: Casemiro and Eriksen out, Ugarte and Fofana IN

Fofana plays both 6 and 8. Hes not a Mount who is more 10/8. He is more Mainoo than Mount.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/362470/Show/Youssouf-Fofana

He looks miles better than ugarte or rabiot if we are being honest. But I’m just judging this off a YouTube video.

Honestly, that's the only role Mount should play. Unless he plays wide, which still isn't ideal. Any deeper and it's pointless having him in the team.

Not sure whether Fofana is worth pursuing or not, but he looks far more suitable in a deeper position than Mount does.