Youssouf Fofana

Yes please. Not an alternative to Ugarte, but will replace McTominay and rotate with Mainoo.

I just love that we aren’t waiting for our main targets to fall through before we move on to another option. This is probably the backup choice to Ugarte but it’s refreshing to see things happening as a precaution.

I see Fofana as more of a Mainoo back up, not comparable to Ugarte(different profile).

Yeah I hope the club hasn’t identified him as a Urgarte alternative because he isn’t a destroyer/ball winner type. He would be an upgrade on McT but that’s it.

We already have a Mainoo backup, in Mount and McT, neither of which seem to have any intention leaving, so spending money on Fofana, when we have big glaring hole in left backs, DMF, CBs, and possibly even right back, if AWB leaves, makes no sense

From what I’ve seen of Fofana he looks a very good player and will improve us.

I’m more intrigued by Vanderson. Have watched him a fair few times and he looks incredibly gifted. Would be night and day in terms of us going forward from RB compared to AWB. Please make it happen Dan!

How much will Monaco want?
Monaco want 18m Euros. Milan offered 12 and it was rejected. They've since improved their offer but it's not 18m.

Because he only has one year deal on his deal it's a steal. I doubt Milan will pay more on wages and personal terms than us either so we should be ok to take him.

Hopefully it's an opportunity to do a combined deal for him and Vanderson if we're not getting Frimpong to replace the outgoing AWB.

Vanderson scores every 10 games and assists about the same. Have my fingers crossed for a double deal.

Vanderson, yes please. Fofana, please will this rumour die.
Agree. Vanderson is one of those who normally one of those Brazilians you expect to end up at Barcelona or Madrid and just be freaking awesome.

We really could do with a very attacking fullback, especially will all our issues on the right wing.

We already have a Mainoo backup, in Mount and McT, neither of which seem to have any intention leaving, so spending money on Fofana, when we have big glaring hole in left backs, DMF, CBs, and possibly even right back, if AWB leaves, makes no sense

It makes sense to sign two midfielders this summer in my view - a #6 to replace/rotate with Casemiro and a #8 to rotate with Mainoo. Fofana would be a good option for the latter role, if available for a reasonable fee. I agree that signing two midfielders would have to be contingent on McTominay (and perhaps Eriksen) departing, though - if we're only bringing in one midfielder then the #6 has to be the priority.

It makes sense to sign two midfielders this summer in my view - a #6 to replace/rotate with Casemiro and a #8 to rotate with Mainoo. Fofana would be a good option for the latter role, if available for a reasonable fee. I agree that signing two midfielders would have to be contingent on McTominay (and perhaps Eriksen) departing, though - if we're only bringing in one midfielder then the #6 has to be the priority.
I'd be amazed if more than one central midfielder was signed this summer. That being Ugarte.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got amrabat again on a cheap loan seeing as he's out of contract next summer.

Agree. Vanderson is one of those who normally one of those Brazilians you expect to end up at Barcelona or Madrid and just be freaking awesome.

We really could do with a very attacking fullback, especially will all our issues on the right wing.
I am surprised there's not more interest in him, but I don't know if I'd classify him at very attacking and maybe that's why he's not as popular. He's not like a winger style full back, more like a wide midfielder. Anyway, hope our interest is true.

Maybe Ineos decided to turnaround United's scouting system by starting at the bottom of the list of names?

Ugarte
Vanderson
Wharton
Xavi Simons
Yoro
Zirkzee
Wharton's a pipe dream, we need to be serious when it comes to reverse alphabetising.

Our scouts seem to be obsessed with these sort of midfielders, I'm almost resigned to having someone like him in the squad at this point.
Are our scouts obsessed because this is what they're being told to target? Why are we exclusively after these all action jack of all trade types? I really do get the impression ten Hag and his staff do not value the idea of a midfielder who sits deep and circulates the ball around.

Are our scouts obsessed because this is what they're being told to target? Why are we exclusively after these all action jack of all trade types? I really do get the impression ten Hag and his staff do not value the idea of a midfielder who sits deep and circulates the ball around.
Maybe, but it doesn't seem like we're ever linked to them and always these types of players, even pre-Ten Hag.

Maybe Ineos decided to turnaround United's scouting system by starting at the bottom of the list of names?

Ugarte
Vanderson
Wharton
Xavi Simons
Yoro
Zirkzee
:lol::lol::lol: I can see enough ground for brewing up a conspiracy theory :)

Vanderson, yes please. Fofana, please will this rumour die.
We have a Brazillian curse, though. No Brazilian player has ever been consistently successful at United for more than a single season. Maybe we should stay away from Brazillians going forward :lol:

Fofana, Fofana,

I never really knew that he could dance like this!

Romano said today Fofana is in advanced negotiations with AC MIlan already
@JPRouve they may have heeded your call.
We have a Brazillian curse, though. No Brazilian player has ever been consistently successful at United for more than a single season. Maybe we should stay away from Brazillians going forward :lol:
That's true, but perhaps he could break the hoodoo too.

Another physical box-to-box midfielder with a weak technique and passing.

No, thanks. I think I've had enough of those.

Yeah if he's not a DM then makes zero sense