Youssouf Fofana

Hmm...

They'll really hate us in Milan if this happens after Zirkee already earlier this summer :lol:

100% won't be his first choice the second he gets an official offer from United :lol:

We need two mids currently (#8 and #6) so hopefully McT out is advanced and we can get both Ugarte and Fofana over the line.

Exceptional summer if we can fix so many gaps in the squad at one go and at reasonable prices.

Ideally some sort of a swap deal involving Sancho and Ugarte. McT funds towards Fofana. AwB funds to Mazraoui. Pay out of the transfer budget for De Ligt.

LB is the only gap in the squad if we can do it and even there we have Malacia and Amass so maybe not all that bad.

it’s a merry go around between us and PSG on Ugarte and this seems like a smokescreen towards psg. However, United seemed to have walked away from Branthwaite and got Yoro.

We need whoever is coming to happen soon though.

Poor man's Ugarte
Is Ugarte even all that good? I know we all want him but he wasn’t fancied by PSG in either leg of the CL against Dortmund. Hard to call someone a poor mans Ugarte when there both probably different playing styles. Fofana is more B2B i would say.

Please no. Looks like a b2b with low technique and average passing. Honestly, looks like a lump in midfield.

Is Ugarte even all that good? I know we all want him but he wasn’t fancied by PSG in either leg of the CL against Dortmund. Hard to call someone a poor mans Ugarte when there both probably different playing styles. Fofana is more B2B i would say.
It's been mentioned that on the Ugarte thread that he has the second highest defensive stats last season across all of Europe in his position. Only Paulinha who joined Bayern from Fulham was higher.

That should tell us that he's the guy to stop the leaks on our porous midfield.

Please Milan, put me out of my misery and fecking buy him already.

It's been mentioned that on the Ugarte thread that he has the second highest defensive stats last season across all of Europe in his position. Only Paulinha who joined Bayern from Fulham was higher.

That should tell us that he's the guy to stop the leaks on our porous midfield.
Fair enough mate. I wasn’t questioning him. I’m in favour of us signing him as I’ve heard he’s a ball winner and shows some aggression which is what we need in midfield. Anyone solid that will prevent us from conceding dozens of chances and goals every game will do.

Fofana forward pass % is very poor.
I was reading up on Berge before and the way Kompany wanted to play he probably made Berge a lot better with his forward passing and breaking the lines which is what he could apparently do under Kompany at Burnley.

Based on just having watched one 8m YouTube video of him, I’m all in. I could see a double pivot of him and Kobbie working.

He’s cheap, so if it doesn’t work, we can probably shift him on again next season at little to no loss.

The sad reality is that we probably need to get him and Uguarte if we are serious about having strength in depth. I appreciate that is never happening, but it's what is needed. Get McTominay out the door and take the 20 million Fulham offered.

We seem to be after all the average midfielders this summer.

And all would be an improvement on what we have....we need a body badly. Sad spot we are in.
We shouldn’t obsess over mere bodies. Our midfield is not great but wasting money over average players will just given us another decade of a poor midfield. Need to sell more effectively and buy real quality - the clubs executives and managment are paid best in class salaries, they don’t have some impossible job that forced them to buy just anyone.

AC Milan are a weird club

They seem to get linked to everyone, buy most of them, spend a King's random every summer and yet never seem to have any players I would particularly want to sign and they never really do anything in Europe.

And yes, I realise now that I have just described the Italian Manchester United.

Isn't he more like a Fred-type of midfielder? Wouldn't work as a DM, but would be a nice addition to the squad. As an alternative to Ugarte, I would rather go for someone like Varela or Zubimendi.

Isn't it fecking fantastic saying to other clubs that we have other options, if you don't like our price feck off.

Ugarte, de ligt, Branthwhite etc.

It's honestly a breath of fresh air.
Except we dont

We have wasted weeks and are now talking about players who dont fit what we need, like Fofana who is not 6, and players who are garbage, like Sander Berge