Willy Kambwala | 2024/25 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows what this means in terms of our FFP ? Because he's an homegrown player.
Majority should be profit. Was signed for €4m but given he's in his last year of his contract and likely to be low wages, his value on the books will be very low so most of the €10m should be profit for PSR

Great business.

Looked kind of scared and shaky at times and as games would progress he turned more confident.

Glad to see him leave first over Maguire and Lindelof even though I'd like to sell both of those aswell.

If i had to keep one it would be Maguire but he would probably bring the best amount of money back.

Rejected a contract extension I think and his contract expires next season, so club had no choice but to sell him. Good move for him. Glad we have a buyback too.
This. About as good a deal as we could hope for, and helps us in the short term.

His performance vs Liverpool was immense. I will always have a soft spot for players who have those little interactions with the crowd.

Hopefully he kicks on and this move is an Andreas Pereira to Fulham type of move.

I think you answered your own question there. Harwood Bellis had multiple years on loan and ended up signed for Southampton by former Man City academy guy in Jason Wilcox. Kambwala never had that opportunity to go out on loan or play for us as he has been injured. And he only has a year left on his contract so this is about as good as we can get for him now.

It wasn’t a question, more a reflection. He is a player who I always felt would fetch us big money when he left. Of course, that leaving would need to be under the right set of circumstances, but this is not that. With an extension and a loan, he’s a player that could have easily netted us north of £20m I reckon, based on his potential.

Lad is United obsessed. If the terms suit us it could work well ie the buy back etc if he turns into a world beater

Reckon he'll be a good player in time, just need games, i cant understand paying 60m for Branthwaite and letting him go for that value though, the only difference to me is we have seen more of Branthwaite and he's had more experience on the pitch.
Injuries. He’s priced to get regular football somewhere

Evans will quite happily sit on the bench, and play when required, Kambwala needs to be playing regularly.
Carling, FA and Europa would have been ample game time for a teenager in his second season and plus training all the time with the first team.

It wasn’t a question, more a reflection. He is a player who I always felt would fetch us big money when he left. Of course, that leaving would need to be under the right set of circumstances, but this is not that. With an extension and a loan, he’s a player that could have easily netted us north of £20m I reckon, based on his potential.
Fair enough. The way you mentioned it was strange that City got 20m for Harwood-Bellis made me think that.

An extension and a loan would have been my preference as well but seems like he rejected a contract offer so this was the best option for us instead of losing him on a free next season.

If we are letting him go, already lost Varane and trying to sell Victor Lindelof am guessing that points to us being confident we are bringing in De Ligt and maybe Jarrad Branthwaite too?

I did think Willy had some potential but there's no point him staying if he's never going to play.

Ten Hag probably said to him for his own development he has to leave. Excellent quick transfer. Hopefully Lindelof next out the door. And then Maguire gets told he's 5th in the pecking order with Martinez, De Ligt, Branthwaite, Yoro all ahead of him

He could have been if it wasn't for injuries. Maybe he can still be good if he gets plenty of game time. He would never be good here.

At least we’ve been smart enough to include a buyback clause. Previously it would have been sell on clause. If he turns out to be a monster we can have him back.

At least we’ve been smart enough to include a buyback clause. Previously it would have been sell on clause. If he turns out to be a monster we can have him back.
Yeah, smart business from the club. A player in the last year of his contract who reportedly wasn't prepared to sign a new deal. You would assume that we didn't have much power in terms of a negotiating position, but still got a reasonable fee in relation to his experience and a buy back.

Correct me if I am wrong but that will be at a price that the selling club decide on.

Did fine for a young CB but needs to be playing regularly to improve a large amount. A loan would be nice because it looks like he wont be playing regularly here. If he wants a permanent move then fair enough

Correct me if I am wrong but that will be at a price that the selling club decide on.
The buyback will be set as part of the negotiations of this deal as far as I've understood. Might be wrong about that, though.

Shame to lose another home grown player but good move for his career and good that we have a buyback should everything line up for him.

Depends. Sometimes the agreement on a fee is decided now and put in the contract. The other way is if the club has an option to match offers like Aston Villa used with Philogene

Guys going to my 2nd team.
I can live with it.
Think it'll do well for his development.

Depends. Sometimes the agreement on a fee is decided now and put in the contract. The other way is if the club has an option to match offers like Aston Villa used with Philogene
The first option would not really suit his new club unless it was high though would it?

He needed to go and play, if we bring in 2 CBs, there is no way he would have played more than a handful of games in normal circumstances.

Good luck to him, lets see in a couple of years where he is at. Could turn out to be a great CB later on.

Good news for him, but I'm a little surprised. I do think he could use regular game time so I figured we might get him signed up to a new contract and loan him and then assess from there. Didn't think he would be sold immediately though. We must be very confident of new center backs because we need all the depth we can get there, and this in my opinion looked promising.

The first option would not really suit his new club unless it was high though would it?

Depends what you mean by high. If we sell him for £10 million and we buy him back at £20 million after 2 seasons because he's done very well for them they'll be happy enough for his service and doubling the money.

Another player we might have to pay £30 million for without that deal.

I am fairly surprised tbh, I thought he looked a good player too to be fair, played well when he was in the side last season but then I guess he isn't going to get much gametime. The buy back clause is a good idea.

Isn't the second a bit pointless though? Why would a selling club not accept our offer it if matches another accepted bid, clause or not?
If I was Villareal and after two years Willy is killing it in Spain and his value is 50mil I just thought we had the first chance to buy him at that price if he was put up for sale.

We're actively flirting with 3+ CBs, looking to sign about 2. Smart move by him to have a better shot a playing time, hope he does well.

Depends what you mean by high. If we sell him for £10 million and we buy him back at £20 million after 2 seasons because he's done very well for them they'll be happy enough for his service and doubling the money.

Another player we might have to pay £30 million for without that deal.
They would set it higher than that surely.
We are Manchester United after all.

Not bothered in the slightest. He’s AWB levels on the ball and is another modern defender who relies far too much on his pace and physicality to bail him out of poor positioning.

£10m with one year remaining on contract is a good deal. Hopefully a sell on clause too.

For Buy back we must be setting some value right? How does it work?

We're actively flirting with 3+ CBs, looking to sign about 2. Smart move by him to have a better shot a playing time, hope he does well.
The way that is going we are going to have to fork out 100mil and we are not there yet.

I think teams are taking injury history and availability into account more these days. Unfortunately for Kambwala he's hasn't stayed fit for any period of time but has shown decent enough potential at times. I think £10m is a fair fee for a player in the last year of contract and with his injury record.

I understand those who say we should loan him out and give it another year before deciding if we want to keep him or sell him for more i.e. £20m but it could backfire the other way. Also it's clear we need to sell to increase our spending power.

Status
Not open for further replies.