193.png

Height: 192cm
Squad Number: #53
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Darren Dein
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Date of last contract extension: Oct 8, 2021​

Nah, there'll be a couple of players moving on I think.

He's only got a year to go on his contract, and we are meant to be signing 2/3 CBs.

Wouldn't be surprised if he left to go somewhere and get game time this season.

Hopefully we can agree on a short 2-3 year contract and get him a good loan this year. If it doesn’t work then we can move him on next year.

Hopefully we can agree on a short 2-3 year contract and get him a good loan this year. If it doesn’t work then we can move him on next year.

Would make sense, he's still young. There's potential but he's nowhere near ready for a full premier league season. If we can we should extend him and loan him to a championship club like Middlesbrough

It's a shame for Kambwala, but bringing in stronger first choice signings is a good thing for the club and should help us be more competitive.

A 'negative' of that for our youngsters is that it'll further raise the necessary bar needed to establish themselves in the squad as they'll, hopefully, be challenging against good additions and not flops.

Kambwala might well be one of the first 'casualties' if we do successfully bring in 2 or 3 of our CB targets. Hopefully we can still extend his contract and loan him out and see how he develops. If he opts to leave, hopefully we'd include a sell on clause and he'll kick on elsewhere.

He's at a point in his development where a clear path needs to be made clear and he buys in. It's sensible for him to look want to be careful and look at how his possible game time availability shakes up, otherwise. For example If I was him and was still behind a Maguire or Lindelof type in the manager's view then no way would I be staying around.

I think there’s potential there, and in terms of profile - most suited to the RCB role out if all options currently here. The contract situation isn’t ideal as I feel that whatever happens, with some games - he’s a player we should be looking to get upwards of £20m for on the market. Perhaps a season on loan would cement that, as he may not see much action here this year.

I don't think we'll sign 3 CBs to be honest. I think De Ligt seems the most straightforward, and Yoro will depend on what Madrid decide to do. If that falls through then maybe we go in higher for Branthwaite. So, at best, I think we sign 2.

Lindelof is definitely going I think, and if we get 2 then I think Maguire will go too. If we don't then I think he stays as the 3rd CB. I'm both situations I think Kambwala can be your 4th, and you can keep Evans for a 5th and his experience in the dressing room.

Given we'll be in the Europa League he could still end up playing a good amount of games this season, then you re-evaluate next summer. At the very least maybe you get a good price for him if he puts in decent performances, but obviously isn't good enough to be first choice one day.

If they don't think he'll play at all then they should loan him out this season.

I don't think we'll sign 3 CBs to be honest. I think De Ligt seems the most straightforward, and Yoro will depend on what Madrid decide to do. If that falls through then maybe we go in higher for Branthwaite. So, at best, I think we sign 2.

Lindelof is definitely going I think, and if we get 2 then I think Maguire will go too. If we don't then I think he stays as the 3rd CB. I'm both situations I think Kambwala can be your 4th, and you can keep Evans for a 5th and his experience in the dressing room.

Given we'll be in the Europa League he could still end up playing a good amount of games this season, then you re-evaluate next summer. At the very least maybe you get a good price for him if he puts in decent performances, but obviously isn't good enough to be first choice one day.

If they don't think he'll play at all then they should loan him out this season.

If he's not going to renew, because there's no clear path to playing time for him here, then really it makes more sense to me to try and sell. If they can't make a pathway for him he's not going to want to renew as he clearly wants to play. It would be a shame, but if he leaves on a free next year we'll be drowning in comments wanting to know how Chelsea and City get millions for their and we get nothing for ours, it's because they make a clear decision about whether someone is going to be a part of their squad going forward or if not then move them on promptly.

I like what I've seen of him, but it doesn't like he was ever going to be happy being fifth choice with limited-to-no playing time. And let's be honest, our manager isn't a fan of rotation.

Last edited:
He seems like a real deal. I don't want him on loan to some shit club. Unless we loan him to some serious club in a top tier league, I would rather us sell both Lindelof and Maguire and give Willy time in cup games + when somebody is injured. He looks ready

We’re not signings 3 CB’s.

Remember when we signed Smalling? Rio and Vidic were still going strong, we had young Evans, we had Wes Brown and John Oshea, they all got playing time.

If he feels like he can be a first teamer at a decent level then I understand his reasoning, but he’s not a PL level starter, for any club as of now.
There’s definitely talent and physical attributes but there’s a whole lot he needs to learn.

Evans won’t be here past this season probably, one of Lindelof and Maguire will leave, Varane already left, he should sign the contract, imo.

If he has rejected the contract extension proposal we will sell him this summer. I get the impression that is the model we are moving to, looking to keep our most promising young players but if they reject contracts move them on when we can still get something for them.

The news is not from a good source. I'll wait for some ManUtd journalists to report this.

I hope we just have him out on loan. I like the guy.

Can’t blame him if the news is true of him rejecting. He’s not going to be excited by the prospect of being 4th or 5th choice.

Good move, needs game time more than anything. Hope we have stuff like a buy back and sell on clauses in there.

Would be sad to see him leave, would love him to return one day.

Sucks to see him leave but makes sense. I think he'll be a solid player, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes huge strides in a few short years. Just needs to keep getting consistent experience

Good luck to the kid. Its not like we have a camera in the dressing room but he seemed a great lad. Always geeing up the players on the pitch or interacting with the crowd.

I'll never forget how good he was against Liverpool. That recovery pace we'd been missing...

Pit that Solanke gave him the runaround soon after and Eric seemed to lose faith in him after that. Every kid has a bad game after all.

Definitely a player in there somewhere. Wonder if he makes it.

Reckon he'll be a good player in time, just need games, i cant understand paying 60m for Branthwaite and letting him go for that value though, the only difference to me is we have seen more of Branthwaite and he's had more experience on the pitch.

Sad to see him go. I reckon he will become a great centre back, and his physicality and pace will make it tough for attackers in La Liga. Also loving these buy back clauses these days, something our previous board didn't do much.

Rejected a contract extension I think and his contract expires next season, so club had no choice but to sell him. Good move for him. Glad we have a buyback too.

Don’t really see it with him personally, surprised how many seem to rate him so highly.
I think its more of the fact that he was highly rated, then got injured for a long time, and seemed to have the mental attitude to keep getting back to his best. His comeback from his injury to starting games when we needed him showed that he has the right attitude to succeed. If he can get back to his best while also using his mentality he can only continue to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.