Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy? | No

Was there anywhere he could've gone where he'd win a trophy?

Spurs aren't winning one and no the "we ran a lot mate" isn't a trophy

We probably won't win a trophy

Bayern looked dead cert.

Who else was in for him?

Pep/City went in for him twice before they got Haaland but Levy would not budge.

Look at Tuchel's performances in other competitions, though.

The guy is too negative, and much too focused on wing-backs and goals from set pieces, for a club as prestigious as Bayern. That club is meant to be dominant, he's much more of an underdog manager - I bet he'd be great at Inter.
That poster loves to bring up this misleading stat about how well Tuchel has done it in the league, but in reality if you look at his overall time there upon arrival and include all other matches... His 2.21 PPG is the lowest since Van Gaal 2.03.. Let that sink in

Last season Leverkusen P34 - W14 - D8 - L12 - pts 50

This season Leverkusen P21 - W17 - D4 - L0 - pts 55

WTF are they feeding them? :lol:
They were on an upward trajectory after a weirdly bad start to the season last year, and then did very smart business in the summer. Every transfer fixed a hole in the squad and they essentially did not do any wrong transfer.

Harry Kanes cursed. He missed the chance to move earlier in his career. He could have won a lot more trophies but chose to stay at spurs.

Was there anywhere he could've gone where he'd win a trophy?

Spurs aren't winning one and no the "we ran a lot mate" isn't a trophy

We probably won't win a trophy

Bayern looked dead cert.

Who else was in for him?
We won a trophy last season so if we went in for him last summer then he would have won one. City wanted him before Haaland but they wouldn’t sell him.

We won a trophy last season so if we went in for him last summer then he would have won one. City wanted him before Haaland but they wouldn’t sell him.

As if ETH is not having enough bad luck. You want to dump the Harry Kane curse on him too?

Being the top epl scorer means very little, especially if you don't have the trophies.
Shearer is venerated in the UK and he only won a PL (same as Okazaki) which is overlooked for how underwhelming it is over his career. Means a big deal.

My mate said to me yesterday "name an iconic moment from Harry Kane's career" and ok I'm not a Spurs fan but I couldn't. Lots of nice goals, great combination play with Son, but one great moment where he got Spurs or England through in the last minute in a big game or scored something just utterly outrageous, I couldn't think of any.

As an example, Owen has that Argentina goal, Rooney has loads but perhaps his best being the overhead kick, Fowler tbh is probably the snorting the touchline celebration but you still remember it, Cole that goal against was it Barca in 99 where he linked up with Yorke so beautifully, Shearer loads but probably that volley against Everton, Kane...yes. That goal he scored while falling over is the only thing I can think of, there's not many players who could do it but it's not exactly a cool way to score. :lol:

Last edited:
There you go

He has won the "best player who has won jack shit" :lol:

I have zero sympathy for a player of other clubs who used to be threat to us for most of his career. Totally fine if he never wins anything and couldnt care less if he does win something in another league.

Why are you lot so invested in him?

Invested? What do you even mean?

Speculating whether he might be the best player to never win a trophy isn’t the same as hoping he does win one. I couldn’t care less about the German competitions and I actively hope he doesn’t win anything with England.

My mate said to me yesterday "name an iconic moment from Harry Kane's career" and ok I'm not a Spurs fan but I couldn't. Lots of nice goals, great combination play with Son, but one great moment where he got Spurs or England through in the last minute in a big game or scored something just utterly outrageous, I couldn't think of any.

As an example, Owen has that Argentina goal, Rooney has loads but perhaps his best being the overhead kick, Fowler tbh is probably the snorting the touchline celebration but you still remember it, Cole that goal against was it Barca in 99 where he linked up with Yorke so beautifully, Shearer loads but probably that volley against Everton, Kane...yes. That goal he scored while falling over is the only thing I can think of, there's not many players who could do it but it's not exactly a cool way to score. :lol:
I think whether a player has one truly iconic moment is a pretty poor way to judge the quality of a player's career, but even using this premise, I think you're being harsh. Spurs fans would consider a couple of his goals in North London derbies iconic (the one he scores from almost the sideline springs to mind), and key goals for England against Colombia, Germany, Denmark etc in key knockout games are pretty memorable. I think it's a bit disingenuous to say he doesn't have iconic moments just because he's not a flashy player. But that aside, we're talking about someone who is Spurs all time leading goalscorer, England's all time leading goalscorer, and the star player of the most consistent England side in over 50 years. Not to mention, if he does break Lewandowski's Bundesliga goalscoring record this year that will be a pretty iconic moment of itself. Which reminds me, he scored from halfway for Bayern this season. That seemed pretty iconic to me.

Then you make the exemption, or hope that he is cured so that he can be tormented later. Either eay make him suffer. Not sure I’d quite put Charles in the same category though. Even Trump I’d support for that battle.
:eek: :nervous:

Invested? What do you even mean?

Speculating whether he might be the best player to never win a trophy isn’t the same as hoping he does win one. I couldn’t care less about the German competitions and I actively hope he doesn’t win anything with England.
You don’t want England to win anything?