Who wins euro 2024?

None of the performing teams (Spain and Germany) will win it. It is gonna be England because of plot armor. Bet your farm on it!

Right, then:

Switzerland over Italy
Germany over Denmark

England over Slovakia
Spain over Georgia

Belgium over France
Portugal over Slovenia

Netherlands over Romania
Austria over Türkiye

Austria!
(Watch them lose next now)

Every tournament we think England will win it… and then they don’t

This year, despite now being the bookies favourites, no-one thinks we will win it

so of course, we will win it

Spain will be champions... if they survive Georgia, of course :lol: :devil: :cool:

The two best teams so far- Spain and Germany- play each other next round :( . Austria plays tomorrow and seem to be everyone's dark horse for the tournament.

It's interesting that so many of the traditional big sides have looked so poor. Italy were eliminated with a wretched performance, Portugal and England could have easily gone out too and both needed extra time against much smaller nations, France look so boring if the counter attack isn't on for them, the Netherlands don't seem to have a very good attack but should win tomorrow.

The two best teams so far- Spain and Germany- play each other next round :( . Austria plays tomorrow and seem to be everyone's dark horse for the tournament.

It's interesting that so many of the traditional big sides have looked so poor. Italy were eliminated with a wretched performance, Portugal and England could have easily gone out too and both needed extra time against much smaller nations, France look so boring if the counter attack isn't on for them, the Netherlands don't seem to have a very good attack but should win tomorrow.
How is Austria a dark horse. They barely beat us in our shitest international game of all time. And we're not even good when we're on form.

How is Austria a dark horse. They barely beat us in our shitest international game of all time. And we're not even good when we're on form.
Russia 2008 was infinitely worse, and that was a Dutch team with world beaters up front, not Depay and Gakpo.

Russia 2008 was infinitely worse, and that was a Dutch team with world beaters up front, not Depay and Gakpo.
I blocked that 1 out :lol:

The most Dutch tournament ever. Annihilating the 2 best teams of the previous world cup only to be sunk by Guus Hiddink and Arshavin.

The aggressive way they play, finished top of their group and, well, maybe you're being a bit harsh on your own team :lol: . I think what really sticks out for most people is how slow some of the big teams are (France, England, Portugal) and how Austria look really energetic.

The aggressive way they play, finished top of their group and, well, maybe you're being a bit harsh on your own team :lol: . I think what really sticks out for most people is how slow some of the big teams are (France, England, Portugal) and how Austria look really energetic.
Yeah they're fun to watch, but I think the Englands or Frances of the world will easily beat them. I might be too harsh, but we're a terribly coached team and unlike England lack the star power to overcome that.

Whoever wins between Spain and Germany will win the tournament. Nobody else big is at it, and the Swiss will come up short against either of those teams.
Knockout football is strange - I'm still going France vs Austria

Spain look the best equipped, they can go direct, shows lots of skill all over and keep possession. Germany have a really good squad now, on their day could beat Spain on merit.

The other teams like France, England, Austria, Swiss, perhaps Spain's game might not be so hot against a more organized physical side that have their own threats.

Still think France are going to grind this out.

No one else seems to be playing their best except Spain so Spain won’t win. They’ll lose to some tight defensive team that wins on a scrappy goal, or more likely an OG.

Unfortunately, I don't think Germany will beat Spain. They obviously can, but in 10 matches, they would only win one. Lots of factors need to come together for them to take it. Also, it's my generation's football trauma, as Germany always loses against Spain in a torunament. So my spirits really aren't high.

German squad is just not clinical enough, especially Havertz as a starter. Can't waste so many chances against Spain as you did against Denmark, as you certainly won't get so many again.

Last edited:
Looking like Spain at the moment. I think they will beat Germany, whilst France will beat Portugal. Winner of that Semi wins the tournament.

Unfortunately, I don't think Germany will beat Spain. They obviously can, but in 10 matches, they would only win one. Lots of factors need to come together for them to take it. Also, it's my generation's football trauma, as Germany always loses against Spain in a torunament. So my spirit's really aren't high.

German squad is just not clinical enough, especially Havertz as a starter. Can't waste so many chances against Spain as you did against Denmark, as you certainly won't get so many again.
Nagelsmann's obsession with Havertz starting is certainly strange.

Holland have steadily moved up in the rankings by not playing, so I'm ready to call them favorites now.

I think England will win it. It would be ironic that after everyone has slagged the performances and critical of Southgate, they go on to win. They were out, then Bellingham scores an outrageous equaliser and go on to win the game. Those are often defining moments looking back at who wins these types of tournaments. The draw has opened up and there isn't really any outstanding team in the comp, so I think it's England's to lose.

I think we’ll go out tonight. Too much hype and even though Rangnick tries to calm everyone down, all it takes is being a bit less clinical and we’re done. It would be the most Austrian thing to do, doing well and getting emotionally invested and then crashing against a decent, albeit limited Turkish team.
In case we meet again in the quarters I think you’ll be fine. We would probably give you a good game again, but I just can’t see us ever doing anything really remarkable on the international stage in my lifetime.

I think we’ll go out tonight. Too much hype and even though Rangnick tries to calm everyone down, all it takes is being a bit less clinical and we’re done. It would be the most Austrian thing to do, doing well and getting emotionally invested and then crashing against a decent, albeit limited Turkish team.
In case we meet again in the quarters I think you’ll be fine. We would probably give you a good game again, but I just can’t see us ever doing anything really remarkable on the international stage in my lifetime.
No way, you're definitely beating Turkey and have a good chance of beating us. Just not the likes of Spain, Germany, France etc.

No way, you're definitely beating Turkey and have a good chance of beating us. Just not the likes of Spain, Germany, France etc.
Ironically we beat Germany in the built-up to the Euros, but I don't think they'll get past Spain. I know I'm always on the pessimistic side, but that's what happens when you've been shit on the international stage since 1954.

Ironically we beat Germany in the built-up to the Euros, but I don't think they'll get past Spain.
Thankfully you did. It was the final nail in the coffin for Löw/Flick-ball and convinced Nagelsmann to really shake everything up
Nagelsmann's obsession with Havertz starting is certainly strange.
I don't think it is. The team works well with him up front and is creating chances, that he did waste some and Schmeichel made some really good saves doesn't change that. Additionally it's a comfortable situation that Füllkrug works very well as a sub. Let Havertz run himself and the defenders he plays against 60min into the ground and then throw a fresh Füllkrug on for 30-60min when the defenders might not be able to close all the spaces as well as in the beginning of a match is a well established pattern now.

I don't think it is. The team works well with him up front and is creating chances, that he did waste some and Schmeichel made some really good saves doesn't change that. Additionally it's a comfortable situation that Füllkrug works very well as a sub. Let Havertz run himself and the defenders he plays against 60min into the ground and then throw a fresh Füllkrug on for 30-60min when the defenders might not be able to close all the spaces as well as in the beginning of a match is a well established pattern now.
Yeah, I see the logic.

Spain vs England final unfortunately.

England have benefitted massively from this side of the draw. They can't play as poorly as they have again.

Ironically we beat Germany in the built-up to the Euros, but I don't think they'll get past Spain. I know I'm always on the pessimistic side, but that's what happens when you've been shit on the international stage since 1954.
Yeah, I don't see anyone getting past Spain honestly.

Still, you have a relatively good chance to make a semi final, and that would surely be a good achievement?

Can't wait for Germany-Spain, although I think it'll be a case of both finalists grinding their way to the end. The quality of this tournament bar Spain and Germany has been pretty abysmal truth be told.

Spain vs England final unfortunately.

England have benefitted massively from this side of the draw. They can't play as poorly as they have again.

I think Roy Keane said it pretty well after the last game. Something like: "If you think England are just going to have a few training sessions and suddenly play great, you're living in cuckoo land". Especially since Southgate doesn't seem to want to change the team. We should expect more of the same from England in terms of performance. They could still go through though, if they continue to keep it tight at the back. Bellingham, Kane, or someone else are always capable of nicking a goal.