Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is we waited on Fellaini because we thought we could get him on the cheap. Get him and Herrera in. Add some bite into our midfield. We have too many passive players in that area.

This is a joke. We need a midfielder. We need two.

What happened to the 'we have money' B$?

David 'just happy to be here' Moyes should be on the phone with Woody making a few things clear....how did Fergie and Gill (kind of) sort it out and these two can't put a bid together that isn't joke.

How did Ander Herrera do this season? Nobody ever seems to mention him anymore.

Well that suddenly changed didn't it?

6 (six) mentions in this thread prior to Sunday and wasn't even listed in the poll.

Gives the lie to all those bleating that we should have spunked 36m on him because he's the Messiah.

Talk about desperation, revisionism and bandwagons!

Just wait for next summer and spend £50m on Gundogan and throw in a couple of squad players.

Just wait for next summer and spend £50m on Gundogan and throw in a couple of squad players.
This. He might not be willing to pay our taxes and other such demands global business powerhouses like united tend to have though

Next summer we will try to sign Gündogan for 30m, balk when Dortmund ask for 35m and end up spending 32m on James McCarthy. On deadline day.

Next summer we will try to sign Gündogan for 30m, balk when Dortmund ask for 35m and end up spending 32m on James McCarthy. On deadline day.

I hope this entire lot of rubbish officials gets fired and replaced before then.
Lets first sign Daniel Levy. Then we can about getting whoever we want to. He may even end up getting 30 million pounds each for Anderson and Young. :D

Outs:

Cleverley
Anderson
Fletcher (sadly)
Giggs (sadly, too)

Ins:

Herrera
Gundogan

I'd happily spend £75 million on two midfielders this January/a combination of January and summer, even if that means paying over the odds. It just needs urgent addressing.

We need to sign at least one capable midfielder in January. Even a plus 30 year old on loan who can just bridge the gap until summer. Or the manager needs to tell Rooney to do a job there for us until he finds a long-term solution.

Our midfield is depressingly bad. Cleverley is a tidy player, but seems to struggle without Carrick.

I would have been seriously happy with Khedira coming in, because he would be the best DM that apparently is available out there, but of course he isn't now.

Herrera seems very likely again, but his season has been dire, and we don't need a project right now; we need an instant hit. Dream move would be a fit again Gundogan in Jan, but that won't happen.

Bollocks we have no choices for the January window :(

I think after the stuff in the summer it's fairly clear we'll go back in for Herrera at some point.

Our midfield is depressingly bad. Cleverley is a tidy player, but seems to struggle without Carrick.

I've said it time and time again, he needs someone to pass and move with him.

It's like watching someone practice Tennis without a partner.

Says something when our best midfielder this season has been Phil Jones. It's shocking how bad our midfield is compared to the top teams in Europe.

Moyes needs to tell the Glazers to back him in January or face the prospect of no CL football next season, even if it means paying extra.

Herrera or Gundogan and a DM would be ideal.

Cabaye in January for £15-20m to ensure we get top 4 and then splash £40-50m on someone world class in the summer.

What we really can't afford to do is buy more dross that we'll be stuck with for years to come. If the right players aren't available in January then wait until the summer, no more Fellainiesque panic buys.

Anderson will leave certainly. Assuming that Fletcher and Giggs won't be playing next season, I think we could easily fit two quality midfielders into the squad. That's without getting rid of Cleverley, as Nahealai suggested, or factoring in Carrick's ever increasing age.

I've said it time and time again, he needs someone to pass and move with him.

It's like watching someone practice Tennis without a partner.

Pexbo people keep making excuses for Tom Cleverley, It's always his partners fault when the truth is he is just average. There is about 20 better midfielders in the premier league than him and that's worrying for us.

Pjanic, Barkley, Koke, bender (either). Sell fellaini, cleverley, Anderson. Sorted.
Each of those midfielders would probably be attainable for around 20-30 mil. Spread them out over the next two windows but we need a complete overhaul there.

For January ?

Herrera in January should be possible if we want him. Gundogan is unlikely to happen at all, but one can dream.

I think if we put in serious bids instead of hesitating and putting in nonsensical bids, we can get a couple in January.

There is about 20 better midfielders in the premier league than him and that's worrying for us.

Right, let's see how many we can name off the top of our heads:

• Michael Carrick
  • Yaya Toure
  • Fernandinho
  • Ramires
  • Frank Lampard
  • Jack Wilshere
  • Aaron Ramsey
  • Abou Diaby (when fit)
  • Paulinho
  • Mousa Dembele
  • Cristian Eriksen
  • Steven Gerrard
  • Phillipe Coutinho
  • Darron Gibson
  • Ross Barkley
  • James McCarthy
That's sixteen midfielders that play in a position close enough to that of Cleverley's (one or two may be a toss of a coin between themselves and Cleverley), and that's just from the top six last season. The fact that Gerrard and Lampard, well into their thirties, are still more effective than Tom says it all.

There's others like James Ward-Prowse and Yohan Cabaye who have been having stellar seasons to date whom many would put ahead of Cleverley, too.

As you say, it's worrying.

If you think Cabaye is dross then I'd be interested to hear your description of our current options.

He's not dross but he's no better than what we have. Completely pointless signing and the type of signing that we've made too many of in recent times. We're now seeing the repercussions to that.

I'd be worried if Cabaye was the best we could come up with for the midfield.

He's not dross but he's no better than what we have. Completely pointless signing and the type of signing that we've made too many of in recent times. We're now seeing the repercussions to that.

I'd be worried if Cabaye was the best we could come up with for the midfield.

Now that's deserving of one of your :lol: 's

If you read properly you'll see that I'm saying get him in January to see us through to May and then get that world class one we all want as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.