Which former United player do you dislike the most?

I think people are harsh on Ronaldo. He was so good in his first spell here I just can't hold a grudge against him.

I think my least favourite ex-player is Sancho. At least a lot of the other players mentioned in this thread contributed to something. Jadon arrived, sulked for 3 years, did nothing, complained, refused to elaborate and went to kiss the badge at Dortmund and talk about how good it was to be home.
All this he did after costing us a small fortune and being paid an enormous salary.
But Sancho doesn't qualify for this thread. He is a current United player, not a former one.

But Sancho doesn't qualify for this thread. He is a current United player, not a former one.

Technically he is but he'll never play for us again.

Best case scenario he's sold this summer. Worse case scenario he's loaned out. But either way he's an ex-player for all intents and purposes.

Technically he is but he'll never play for us again.

Best case scenario he's sold this summer. Worse case scenario he's loaned out. But either way he's an ex-player for all intents and purposes.
Worst case is nobody wants to take him and he stays (probably banished to the reserves or whatever). But I do get your sentiment, my comment is more a technicality.

Worst case is nobody wants to take him and he stays (probably banished to the reserves or whatever). But I do get your sentiment, my comment is more a technicality.

The technicality is mainly there because I assumed nobody would loathe any player that is still at their club. Although that was probably naive of me, considering all the toxicity on here over the last few years. And Sancho was always going to test this rule to the absolute limit.

The technicality is mainly there because I assumed nobody would loathe any player that is still at their club. Although that was probably naive of me, considering all the toxicity on here over the last few years. And Sancho was always going to test this rule to the absolute limit.
Mason Greenwood?

Some I dislike for different reasons.

Pogba, for example, personality and performance.
Ronaldo, personality.
Bailly, performance.

I can make a team of players I didn’t like when they played for us, and some who I grew to dislike after they left:

Barthez

Bailly — Rojo — Heinze

Ronaldo — Lingard — Pogba — Di Maria

Greenwood — Lukaku — Tévez​

Subs: Onana, Darmian, Parker, Ince, Sancho, Sanchez, Morrison

Barthez - because he came at a time when we had a really good team but he embodied everything that I thought a keeper shouldn’t be. Eccentric, inconsistent, risk taking. He used to make me pull my hair out.

Bailly - because I always felt like he was about to do something phenomenally stupid. Could be briefly brilliant, then utter garbage. Would injure himself by flying in at 100mph to every tackle.

Rojo - Was just a liability. A walking red card waiting to happen. Loved his spirit to be honest, but he was a donkey, and he was dirty.

Heinze - Never particularly rated him. Was okay at left back, but was a terrible CB. Tried to force a move to Liverpool and was often a liability.

Ronaldo - because he’s the biggest bell end in football. A 40 year old teenager. Shit on the club twice.

Lingard - because of his ridiculous brand and videos when his performances were terrible. More interested in commercial activities than football. Had promise at one point.

Pogba - one of the laziest footballers I’ve ever seen. Great technique, but couldn’t do the simplest things right. Absolute waste of a fortune. Walked out on the club for free, twice.

Di Maria - didn’t want to be here and it showed. One of the softest cnuts I’ve ever seen play. Wife is demon spawn too.

Tevez - Complete twat. Played the fans against Fergie claiming he wasn’t getting the contract offer. But United tried to sign him on the pre-agreed price but he and his agent, Kia whatshisface, had a secret deal with City. Scumbag.

Lukaku - The worst, whiniest striker I’ve seen in a United shirt. Toxic. Full of excuses.

Greenwood - Don’t need to explain this one.

Subs:

Onana - such a liability. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Infuriating.

Darmian - just a nothing footballer

Parker - loved him as a kid but has always talked so much bollocks whenever I’ve seen him as an adult. Strangely out of touch views and rather weirdly anti-United on many occasions.

Ince - Adored him at United and for England. But had a **** of personality I came to dislike, and then went to Liverpool. Seems pretty thick.

Sancho - Self entitled, lazy, disrespectful little toe rag.

Morrison - Unpleasant character, wasted an almost biblical level of ability.

Sanchez - Just a crushing disappointment. Paid so much, did so little. Had to pay him a fortune to leave, and that never ever sat well with me,

Very well put together, I'm liking this.

Can I add Mark Hughes as the manager of this team?
Loved him as a player, but feck me, is he the most sour, United hating, opposition manager ever. Everytime I've seen him commentating on one of our games, you'd think he was a scouser who'd never played for United. Miserable b*stard.

He has a face that looks like someone really has pissed on his Welsh teacakes.

Some I dislike for different reasons.

Pogba, for example, personality and performance.
Ronaldo, personality.
Bailly, performance.

I can make a team of players I didn’t like when they played for us, and some who I grew to dislike after they left:

Barthez

Bailly — Rojo — Heinze

Ronaldo — Lingard — Pogba — Di Maria

Greenwood — Lukaku — Tévez​

Subs: Onana, Darmian, Parker, Ince, Sancho, Sanchez, Morrison

Barthez - because he came at a time when we had a really good team but he embodied everything that I thought a keeper shouldn’t be. Eccentric, inconsistent, risk taking. He used to make me pull my hair out.

Bailly - because I always felt like he was about to do something phenomenally stupid. Could be briefly brilliant, then utter garbage. Would injure himself by flying in at 100mph to every tackle.

Rojo - Was just a liability. A walking red card waiting to happen. Loved his spirit to be honest, but he was a donkey, and he was dirty.

Heinze - Never particularly rated him. Was okay at left back, but was a terrible CB. Tried to force a move to Liverpool and was often a liability.

Ronaldo - because he’s the biggest bell end in football. A 40 year old teenager. Shit on the club twice.

Lingard - because of his ridiculous brand and videos when his performances were terrible. More interested in commercial activities than football. Had promise at one point.

Pogba - one of the laziest footballers I’ve ever seen. Great technique, but couldn’t do the simplest things right. Absolute waste of a fortune. Walked out on the club for free, twice.

Di Maria - didn’t want to be here and it showed. One of the softest cnuts I’ve ever seen play. Wife is demon spawn too.

Tevez - Complete twat. Played the fans against Fergie claiming he wasn’t getting the contract offer. But United tried to sign him on the pre-agreed price but he and his agent, Kia whatshisface, had a secret deal with City. Scumbag.

Lukaku - The worst, whiniest striker I’ve seen in a United shirt. Toxic. Full of excuses.

Greenwood - Don’t need to explain this one.

Subs:

Onana - such a liability. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Infuriating.

Darmian - just a nothing footballer

Parker - loved him as a kid but has always talked so much bollocks whenever I’ve seen him as an adult. Strangely out of touch views and rather weirdly anti-United on many occasions.

Ince - Adored him at United and for England. But had a **** of personality I came to dislike, and then went to Liverpool. Seems pretty thick.

Sancho - Self entitled, lazy, disrespectful little toe rag.

Morrison - Unpleasant character, wasted an almost biblical level of ability.

Sanchez - Just a crushing disappointment. Paid so much, did so little. Had to pay him a fortune to leave, and that never ever sat well with me,
Like that idea. Here my team I grew to dislike when or after they played for us:

Henderson (entitled fecker)

Heinze (traitor)

JLings (no explanation needed) - Giggs (you know why) - Cleverley (looked smug) - di Maria (felt betrayed by his lack of performance) - Sancho (see di Maria)

Greenwood (obviously) - Lukaku (for failing to be a grown-ass-man) - Tevez (ultimate traitor) - Ronaldo (who couldn't you dislike him?)

They may get battered a lot playing a 1-5-4-system. But they deserve it anyway.

Weird complaint, and clutching at straws really, says it all. That summer wasn't a huge deal, you're just trying to find something to be mad at

You clearly weren't here in 2008 (I was, not as a poster but a lurker) and all you'd see was people angry about Ronaldo's conduct and how he had to make everything about himself, as per usual. Many people even back then saw him as he really was - an egotistical, self absorbed twat, especially after he agreed with Blatter's statement that he was a "slave".

The fact that his ego was that huge that he'd come out with a statement like that just because he wasn't getting his own way, right after the club he's "enslaved to" just won the Champions League, gave many fans "something to be mad at".

Andy Goram, hate him but best goalkeeper ever to play for Manchester United, yes better than Schmeichel, 100% he was what a goalie, terrible man though, the worst.

It baffles me how many of your fans still like Ronaldo. Even if you ignore what he does outside of the sport, he’s just horrible and treated your club like shit.
Still liking Ronaldo as a United fan is like returning to an ex who treated you like shit.

Pogba

Left for free twice. Cost us 80m in transfer fees. Ultimately poor and gave the impression he didn’t really care and now he’s been banned for doping

Would have been shipped out much earlier if Jose would have gotten his own way

I dislike what Ronaldo became, but I understand why. He’s a household name inside and outside of football and truly one of the most influential individuals on planet earth. The fact that he knows this and really makes sure everyone else knows this is annoying.

But the reality is the way Tevez left was pretty dirty. I didn’t think he was particularly well treated in that second season and we were no better off with Berbatov in that year. But even despite all that, his behaviour towards United towards the end of his time and the seasons after left a bitter feeling because he was one third of one of the greatest front threes in football.

My views on Sancho are probably the absolute worst (he’s basically gone) I think he’s an absolute waster who knew what he was doing, and knew what reaction he was going to get. He’s not interested in being a top professional player in a big competitive league. He’s all talent and no work. If he was half as committed as say Garnacho or a Bruno, he would probably be one of the top three wingers in Europe.

He wasn't my top 2 but I can definitely see why people hate Ronaldo

1. Was disrespectful when he was leaving to Real Madrid
2. Showed his true colors when almost joined Man City on his return
3. Shitted all over the club and Erik ten Hag when his fragile ego couldn't deal with the fact that he was obviously too old for Premier League

Pogba

Left for free twice. Cost us 80m in transfer fees. Ultimately poor and gave the impression he didn’t really care and now he’s been banned for doping

Would have been shipped out much earlier if Jose would have gotten his own way
Jose brought him though :confused:

Tevez, Heinze, Ronaldo were all unlikeable and still are. Greenwood will leapfrog them all and Sancho and Antony will join the list.

I'm willing to give Di Maria some slack because he was forced away from CL winners Real Madrid to join the miserable LvG football and his family really disliked it in Manchester as well which added to his own misery.

I've heard some shady tales of a 70s OT legend who runs a football academy in the states. Ripped off a load of parents and skipped town.

It baffles me how many of your fans still like Ronaldo. Even if you ignore what he does outside of the sport, he’s just horrible and treated your club like shit.
Still liking Ronaldo as a United fan is like returning to an ex who treated you like shit.
It's almost like some people are trauma bonded to him somehow, similar to the dynamics in an abusive relationship where the victim is so brainwashed they just cannot see their abusers faults.

I've even seen some fans on Reddit compare his situation with George Best. The difference is that Bestie genuinely loved the club, but his illness got in the way. Ronaldo is just a douche.

As a person Giggs.

If Ronaldo's rape allegations are true he's certainly up there.

Di Maria screaming an expletive at the OT crowd after PSG scored against us.
Heinze trying to engineer a move to Liverpool.
Really dislike these two!

Lingard.

A talentless cretin.
Blimey. It seems that an account on an internet forum is enough to make some folk a bit on the harsh side. I wonder how folk would handle 100k a week and fawning adulation from most of the people they meet. Jesse was a decent enough lad who lost his way a bit with his football.

Giggs.
My favourite as a kid.
Should have had a statue outside OT and been a club ambassador.
Just can't get past his scummy behaviour now.

Very well put together, I'm liking this.

Can I add Mark Hughes as the manager of this team?
Loved him as a player, but feck me, is he the most sour, United hating, opposition manager ever. Everytime I've seen him commentating on one of our games, you'd think he was a scouser who'd never played for United. Miserable b*stard.

He has a face that looks like someone really has pissed on his Welsh teacakes.
Yes absolutely agree. Its hard because you have to separate Mark Hughes the player - genius level - with this dickhead of a manager who seems to hate us. Not a huge fan of Dion Dublin either but he is more of a wally than anything nasty I don't actively dislike him he just annoys me sometimes. Other than that, I'd probably say Tevez.

Tbh, Ronaldo is quite unlikeable especially over the last few years. For such a great player, his ego is far too fragile. He gets wound up by the paltry crowds in Saudi who know very well how to rile him up. The crotch grabbing instances (Emi Martinez-esque), the Piers Morgan interview and the latest example of classless behaviour against Czechia make it very hard to defend his antics. He's aging like milk.

Blimey. It seems that an account on an internet forum is enough to make some folk a bit on the harsh side. I wonder how folk would handle 100k a week and fawning adulation from most of the people they meet. Jesse was a decent enough lad who lost his way a bit with his football.

I would certainly be concentrating on my football more and not dabbing around the dressing room for social media clicks. He had a decent spell over a few months at United and the same at West Ham. Apart from that, he has flopped for the rest of his career.

Lingard is a moron and many others would agree.

I would certainly be concentrating on my football more and not dabbing around the dressing room for social media clicks. He had a decent spell over a few months at United and the same at West Ham. Apart from that, he has flopped for the rest of his career.

Lingard is a moron and many others would agree.

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to hate at least try and hate positively. People like Hitler, Reagan and James Cordon. Throwing words like cretin and moron at people who clearly aren't those things is quite unpleasant and not a good way to talk about people. What you have described is a footballer who was ok but never became brilliant.

We all like to imagine we would act flawlessly if given an opportunity like that, but most of us don't even do very well with the opportunity to use words.

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to hate at least try and hate positively. People like Hitler, Reagan and James Cordon. Throwing words like cretin and moron at people who clearly aren't those things is quite unpleasant and not a good way to talk about people. What you have described is a footballer who was ok but never became brilliant.

We all like to imagine we would act flawlessly if given an opportunity like that, but most of us don't even do very well with the opportunity to use words.

I'm sorry if I've upset your sensitive soul, John XII.

You have your opinion and I have mine. That's the whole point of a discussion board. My words are tame and in no way of the extreme level which gets posted directly to people on social media.

Never liked Mark Bosnich. Should never have signed him.

I don't think I've ever hated a player. Life is too short.

However there are a few that I didn't particularly like when they played for us, as below:

Peter Davenport - I just didn't like the way he was always falling over even when not tackled or fouled.
Gordon Strachan - A bit of a rat by all accounts. Tried to engineer moves away during his time at United.
Di Maria - Just wholly unlikeable as a person, and looks like a rodent.
Anthony Martial - Fantastically talented, insanely lazy.
Jadon Sancho - The most disappointing player of the last 10 years for me.