Which former United player do you dislike the most?

Ronaldo due to the fanboys and off field stuff
Sancho on that list as well
Oh. And Greenwood.
feck him.
Don't understand the Ince hate though.

Ronaldo by a distance. He is a very unlikeable person and his fans are unbearable

Ronaldo due to the fanboys and off field stuff
Sancho on that list as well
Oh. And Greenwood.
feck him.
Don't understand the Ince hate though.
Did you see Ince's celebration after he scraped a late equaliser for Liverpool against United?

Did you see Ince's celebration after he scraped a late equaliser for Liverpool against United?
Yeah.
Kicking the hoarding etc.
Tbf think I may have done the same considering the way he left.
Always seemed to give his all for the club
Wish we'd been a bit more ruthless with other players since then.

Johnny Giles. He seems like a good bloke and was a better player than Crerand so Busby probably should have kept him. It's just a total dislike of those Leeds players under Revie. Giles was dirty, although not to the same extent as Bremner, Hunter and Collins.

Bosnich. Ronaldo. Greenwood. Di Maria. Ince.

It has to be Ronaldo, hands down. Just an insufferable person whose egomania is both shockingly pervasive and nauseatingly bland.
"When I returned, I was very happy. I did unbelievable things ... I did amazing." ...

I wasn't particularly a fan of Tevez even when he was playing for us. I remember watching him and thinking it was sometimes like watching a pinball machine play football. But I know that I'm being harsh and I do get why other people liked watching him play.

I didn't like his final match attempts to rabble rouse the crowd - it annoyed me that he thought he was that important.

I didn't like him at City - no surprise there.

I should maybe look on him more kindly after the way he left City. But it actually just confirmed that my previous irritation had been valid.

I wasn't particularly a fan of Tevez even when he was playing for us. I remember watching him and thinking it was sometimes like watching a pinball machine play football. But I know that I'm being harsh and I do get why other people liked watching him play.

I didn't like his final match attempts to rabble rouse the crowd - it annoyed me that he thought he was that important.

I didn't like him at City - no surprise there.

I should maybe look on him more kindly after the way he left City. But it actually just confirmed that my previous irritation had been valid.

I did like him a lot while he played for us and didn't initially want him to go, but yeah the attempts to rouse the crowd at the end changed my thinking on that. So probably him.

In general though, "dislike" is quite a strong word for ex-United players.
I find it hard to look back too favourably on Rooney and Ronaldo due to some of their behaviour at the club, but hard to say that I dislike them in general.
Maybe Lingard to some extent.
Never liked Sheringham as a character, but don't really "dislike" him in general.
Obviously Giggs is what he is off the pitch, but I remember United players primarily for their actions at United.

The same doesn't apply to managers, because "dislike" isn't strong enough for Mourinho.

Johnny Giles. He seems like a good bloke and was a better player than Crerand so Busby probably should have kept him. It's just a total dislike of those Leeds players under Revie. Giles was dirty, although not to the same extent as Bremner, Hunter and Collins.

Giles knew how to look after himself alright. His claim is that you had to get your retaliation in first in those days and the opposition would then leave you alone, in that regard.

Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard. Can't stand either of them.

I wasn’t expecting to see Johnny Giles mentioned.

Never liked the mercenary Tevez but when he admitted that he never tried to learn English because the falklands war gave his uncle ptsd and hated the British.
He was happy to take millions from Britain though.
Heinze for whoring himself to the bin dippers.
Great player but after that, I lost all respect for him.
Pogba and the whole media circus that came with him.
A great talent but this whole “ look at me , I’m a footballing mega star” attitude has brought him and his “friends “ crashing down to earth.

Never liked the mercenary Tevez but when he admitted that he never tried to learn English because the falklands war gave his uncle ptsd and hated the British.
He was happy to take millions from Britain though.
Heinze for whoring himself to the bin dippers.
Great player but after that, I lost all respect for him.
Pogba and the whole media circus that came with him.
A great talent but this whole “ look at me , I’m a footballing mega star” attitude has brought him and his “friends “ crashing down to earth.

Why is taking money from the enemy confusing to you?

Di Maria and it's not even close.

Lukaku will possibly be a distant second, followed by Rojo

I don't get the amount of Di Maria hate. Wasn't he transferred here basically against his wishes, didn't like the weather, didn't want to be here and left? I channel much more hate towards the likes of Sancho, Pogba, Lukaku. Ronaldo in his last stint with us yes it didn't go well but I think he is a special case as a combination of his physical decline, mentality, self-centeredness is a psychological combination more suited to some elite athlete psychological case study then actual hate. :)

I don't get the amount of Di Maria hate. Wasn't he transferred here basically against his wishes, didn't like the weather, didn't want to be here and left? I channel much more hate towards the likes of Sancho, Pogba, Lukaku. Ronaldo in his last stint with us yes it didn't go well but I think he is a special case as a combination of his physical decline, mentality, self-centeredness is a psychological combination more suited to some elite athlete psychological case study then actual hate. :)
He was a weird one. Seemed to start well enough before it all went downhill fast for a multitude of reasons. The break in at home probably didn’t help things and he quickly became unsettled. Probably more frustrating because he came in on the back of a wonderful season and the expectation was there from the off.

Not a defence of him. He was completely unprofessional.

Didn’t help that he looked like Bob from beetlejuice

For me though. Lingard is the one. He seemed to be the one (from outside looking in) that just showed the world how the standards of the club had dropped. On and off the pitch. An apparent man child.

Tevez is another odd one. I loved watching him during his time. Him, Rooney and Ronaldo were an absolute joy. I don’t entirely blame tevez. Sure he could have gone somewhere other than city but I always found it odd we spent big on berbatov when tevez was already at the club. I didn’t dislike berbatov but he pretty much ended tevez’s time here. Perhaps not training well or having any interest to learn the language was held against him but I can’t blame him for wanting out after what he achieved with the team before being replaced

A childish immature comment.
He was a professional footballer, he was great for us. He scored for the club he was playing for and getting paid by.
Looking back he really shouldn’t have been treated the way he was but who am I to argue with Sir.
In no way should Ince be on this thread, it’s POGBA by a country mile, showed no respect for the club or the fans.

He was a professional footballer, he was great for us. He scored for the club he was playing for and getting paid by.

Ince did this to get back at Ferguson, who was knowingly filmed calling Ince a 'big time Charlie' in an ITV documentary during the 98-99 season.

He had also called Ince a 'bottler' to his face in the now infamous 0-4 reverse against Barca in 1994. It precipitated Ince leaving the following summer.

The title race entered May 1999 white-hot when we travelled to Anfield. We raced into a deserved two goal lead, only for Liverpool to be awarded an extremely dodgy penalty. We had Denis Irwin sent off, for kicking the ball away. Missed the FA Cup final.

Ince scoring was the moment Liverpool thought they'd 1992'd us. Sweet revenge for thwarting their treble in 1977. It was a frankly awful feeling, a mixture of bilious injustice worsened by a beloved former player loving every second of it.

Still, we won the league by a point so worked out in the end!