Which former United player do you dislike the most?

Ince did this to get back at Ferguson, who was knowingly filmed calling Ince a 'big time Charlie' in an ITV documentary during the 98-99 season.

He had also called Ince a 'bottler' to his face in the now infamous 0-4 reverse against Barca in 1994. It precipitated Ince leaving the following summer.

The title race entered May 1999 white-hot when we travelled to Anfield. We raced into a deserved two goal lead, only for Liverpool to be awarded an extremely dodgy penalty. We had Denis Irwin sent off, for kicking the ball away. Missed the FA Cup final.

Ince scoring was the moment Liverpool thought they'd 1992'd us. Sweet revenge for thwarting their treble in 1977. It was a frankly awful feeling, a mixture of bilious injustice worsened by a beloved former player loving every second of it.

Still, we won the league by a point so worked out in the end!
That was football, it’s all got a bit boring now the most exciting part of football is looking forward to the match, the actual match and lack of banter between supporters is very staid.
I was watching Spurs v Arsenal and the crowd were terrible, I remember when that and other big fixtures especially close rivals the atmosphere was electric not any more and people get upset over the slightest of so called wrongs.
I think Ince just showed what a passionate player and how human he was.

Sancho is probably up there. I don’t often hope irrelevant players have bad seasons but I really hope he flops at Chelsea

Sancho is probably up there. I don’t often hope irrelevant players have bad seasons but I really hope he flops at Chelsea
Just read today in the gossip column that he’s apparently been turning up to training EARLY in an effort to impress Maresca!

The fact that this makes the news says a lot. We’ll see how long it lasts..

Berbatov. Disgustingly overrated, flat track bully, YouTube highlight reel player, square peg round hole, changed the dynamic of our play . . . and most of all for his constant hand waving and berating his teammates.

Ferguson leaving him out of the CL final says it all, really. And that was by far his best season for us.

Berbatov. Disgustingly overrated, flat track bully, YouTube highlight reel player, square peg round hole, changed the dynamic of our play . . . and most of all for his constant hand waving and berating his teammates.

Ferguson leaving him out of the CL final says it all, really. And that was by far his best season for us.
I mean for all he actually contributed and the fact he utterly oozed class, I’m a bit stunned you have him over the likes of Tevez and di Mari - but each to their own.

I'm pretty sure you've concocted this in your own head. Berba's demeanour was actually rather quiet on the pitch. He was noticeably reserved when he was on the same team as vocal players such as Rooney and Ronaldo.

One thing I will say is that his poor work rate and lack of off-the-ball movement led to us being a worse team in 08/09 when compared to the previous 2 seasons. Your point about him changing the dynamic of our play is a fair criticism.

Ince did this to get back at Ferguson, who was knowingly filmed calling Ince a 'big time Charlie' in an ITV documentary during the 98-99 season.

He had also called Ince a 'bottler' to his face in the now infamous 0-4 reverse against Barca in 1994. It precipitated Ince leaving the following summer.

The title race entered May 1999 white-hot when we travelled to Anfield. We raced into a deserved two goal lead, only for Liverpool to be awarded an extremely dodgy penalty. We had Denis Irwin sent off, for kicking the ball away. Missed the FA Cup final.

Ince scoring was the moment Liverpool thought they'd 1992'd us. Sweet revenge for thwarting their treble in 1977. It was a frankly awful feeling, a mixture of bilious injustice worsened by a beloved former player loving every second of it.

Still, we won the league by a point so worked out in the end!
Didn't know this. Was he that bad in that match? Why the 'bottler' accusation?

I think Ince was an amazing player for us, very underrated in some ways, but his last match in the FA cup final was an absolute nightmare as well. Maybe he had already decided to leave at that point but that performance was awful against Everton.

Odd one. I loved Brown as a player growing up, but don't know much about him as a person. Saw one interview with him and he seemed perfectly boring. Though he went bankrupt I think?
I’ve met brown outside OT before a game. Got a picture with him which he signed. He’s a nice enough person but ye comes across boring in interviews.

I mean for all he actually contributed and the fact he utterly oozed class, I’m a bit stunned you have him over the likes of Tevez and di Mari - but each to their own.
I actually like Tevez, and thought Fergie mishandled him and made his third biggest bullock drop (after Stam and Moyes) bringing in Berbatov and unsettling the Argentine. Then having to watch Tevez carry City and become the biggest initial building block to what City have become. Hated that. Berbatov would be flogged off to a descending Fulham and Tevez would go on to the CL final with Juventus, argh! Listening to Old Trafford drown out Fergie during his speech for tying Liverpool's titles to the "Sign him Up" chants was beyond humiliating. For all his man management genius, he never did very well with Argentines and Uruguayans. A difficult lot to handle.

For all the "oozing class" guff, Berbatov was just not my cup of tea and did not like how we played with him nor his onfield demeanor.

Last edited: