What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

We are not getting a new starting choice CF till we have 75M Hojlund.

We are not getting a new backup CF unless we sell 40M Zirkzee.

Take your pick folks.

I really like Zirkzee, but I don't think he was what we needed. I also agree that we won't be replacing him or Hojlund anytime soon though.

I think what we need, and what we needed in the summer, is competent wingers who can beat their man, be a genuine threat and put in killer passes/crosses. I think that between Amad and Garnacho we have a reasonable rotation but we could do with replacing the twin nightmares of Antony and Rashford, with someone who can provide a real threat in every match.

We need a different manager asap.

The squad would likely look different with better tactics implemented.

I really like Zirkzee, but I don't think he was what we needed. I also agree that we won't be replacing him or Hojlund anytime soon though.

I think what we need, and what we needed in the summer, is competent wingers who can beat their man, be a genuine threat and put in killer passes/crosses. I think that between Amad and Garnacho we have a reasonable rotation but we could do with replacing the twin nightmares of Antony and Rashford, with someone who can provide a real threat in every match.

Which winger/s could offer that to this team?

My dream scenario;

IN
Nico Williams
Alphonso Davies
Adam Wharton
Jamal Musiala
Jarrad Branthwaite

OUT
Maguire
Lindelof
Rashford
Antony
Casemiro

A winger like Olise who can consistently create danger and get near enough double figures in goals and assists.
At the moment I would suggest Nico Williams or Kvaratskhelia.

Hopefully Hojlund can keep improving.

Also, a technically good passing midfielder.

Plus a new coach.

A winger like Olise who can consistently create danger and get near enough double figures in goals and assists.
At the moment I would suggest Nico Williams or Kvaratskhelia.

Hopefully Hojlund can keep improving.

Also, a technically good passing midfielder.

Plus a new coach.

Who should we bring in as that technical midfielder

Who should we bring in as that technical midfielder
Good question. I suppose we’ll have to see how players do over this season in different leagues.
I think Angel Gomes could be an option. Adam Wharton. Palacios maybe. Locatelli.
I haven’t watched a lot of football outside of the prem in the last while so not sure, but you’d imagine names will start popping up as the season goes on.

oh ffs...wasted money on zirkzee as he's not a CF. just look at the amount of times we put a ball in the box and he's nowhere to be found. rashford is shooting blanks and garnacho can't carry the load b/c he's not consistent enough

we need a legit goal scoring threat like the dude from Sporting Gyokeres or Bonaface from Leverkusen....we badly need a winger who can beat a player 1v1....a winger who can produce goals and assists

feck me we just don't score enough goals...that's more of a problem than our defense