What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Early signs for this window look very good.

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Yoro - 42m (doubtful but bid accepted)
Ugarte - Loan

If we can complete sales for Greenwood (30m), Casemiro (40m), Sancho (30m), Lindelof (10m) and Eriksen (5m) we should be able to make a few more moves on top of the above 4.

For me, if we could also add the below, we’d be looking at a near perfect window.

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m
RW/LW - Chiesa - 20m (part of Sancho deal maybe)

Bringing in possibly the best young prospects in their respective positions in Yoro, Neves and Kayode, alongside a bunch of players soon to hit or at the beginning of their peaks, is exactly the strategy we need to be implementing.

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Ugarte - Loan

If we can complete sales for Greenwood (30m), Casemiro (40m), Sancho (30m), Lindelof (10m) and Eriksen (5m) we should be able to make a few more moves on top of the above 4.

For me, if we could also add the below, we’d be looking at a near perfect window.

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m

Bringing in possibly the best young prospects in their respective positions in Yoro, Neves and Kayode, alongside a bunch of players soon to hit or at the beginning of their peaks, is exactly the strategy we need to be implementing.

Know nothing about Kayode

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Ugarte - Loan

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m

It's the €120m release clause or nothing for Neves this summer. It has always been Benfica's stance. It's also a signing that would only make sense if we didn't have Mainoo. I'd be all for paying it up otherwise.

I don't agree with targeting Chiesa either. There are real injury concerns about him and I'm not even sure he would improve us at all. Even if he did, it seems like a pointless risk to take. There are other good winger options on the market.

If we manage to sort out Ugarte and de Ligt deals soon, we will have covered all our main first team needs this Summer already, so all following moves should be primarily focused on improving depth.

Depth chart would currently look:

Hojlund (Zirkzee)
Rashford (Sancho) Bruno (Mount) Garnacho (Antony)
Ugarte (Amrabat/Casemiro) Mainoo (McTominay)
Shaw (Malacia) Martinez (Evans) de Ligt (Maguire) Dalot (Wan Bissaka)
Onana (Altay)

The main weaknesses I see here are still in defense. On the left, Tagliafico as backup instead of Malacia is basically as much of a no brainer as De Ligt was to partner Martinez. ETH knows him extremely well, he's played for Ajax, he's played with Martinez for Argentina, I would be surprised if we don't try to get him. Then we probably need to get another CB and should be sorted.

Looks like a likely summer will be:

Zirkzee - 35Mill
Ugarte - Unknown (50Mil?)
Branthwaite - 60Mill
De Ligt - 45Million

Think that would be a pretty good summer. Still probably lacking but would definitely help.

If Rashford leaves then I think we would use that money for one more as a replacement.

Zirkzee - 35Mill
Branthwaite - 60Mill
De Ligt - 45Million

Think that would be a pretty good summer. Still probably lacking but would definitely help.

If Rashford leaves then I think we would use that money for one more as a replacement.
We are very unlikely to sign Branthwaite.

quite the speculation of players this summer....looks like defensive overhaul seems to be the priority which is slightly odd considering how we struggled to score goals last season.

defensively....Kadioglu, Branthwaite, De Ligt, Yoro
midfield......Ugarte, Neves(though this has seem to die down)
forwards.....zirkzee, Toney, DCL
The forwards are very underwhelming to say the least. But then…they’re just stepping stones to better quality players down the line.

If we sing Ugarte/Deligt/Yoro, we could look like this...

------------------------------ Rasmus/Zirkzee(35)---------------------------------------------------

---Garancho/Rashford ---------Bruno/Mount---------------Amad/Antony--------

--------------------------Mainoo/*-----------------Ugarte(50)/*----------------------------------------

-----Shaw/Amaas---------Licha/Yoro(30)---------DeLigt(40)/Maguire---------Dalot/*----

-----------------------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------------------------------

Means we could get rid of Casemiro/Ericksen/McT/Bissaka/Lindelof/Sancho/Greenwood/Pellestri to generate around 120M and buy 1 or 2 top class midfielders along with a right back.

The forwards are very underwhelming to say the least. But then…they’re just stepping stones to better quality players down the line.

Hope we go for Toney later in window and have this feeling he will be determined to prove doubters wrong

Why? I think we will sign 2 CBs this summer. One being De Ligt and one being Branthwaite.

Not a nailed on transfer but I think it's quite likely.
No, it's not. Everton is selling Onana to AV to solve their financial problems and will stick to their asking fee (they are demanding in the atmosphere of Gvardiol or Maguire) and we're not gonna overpay as he's not worth it. If Everton was pressured to sell him it would have been a different story. They really don't have to now.

Why? I think we will sign 2 CBs this summer. One being De Ligt and one being Branthwaite.

Not a nailed on transfer but I think it's quite likely.

Because we won't pay £75m Everton are asking for and they have absolutely no reason to reduce their demands now that Onana has been sold to Villa.

We had a brief link with Xavi Simmons which bar our Dutch links was strange to me as cant see him out wide personally.

But all our links so far this summer I REALLY think one thing we are missing is a super exciting first choice winger.

I like both Amad and Garnacho and have high hopes maybe even this season Shea Lacey breaks through. All talented and exciting....but none seem ready yet at least tobe first choice starting week in week out.

Obviously so far Antony has offered little to suggest he can be the consistent quality starter on the right, Sancho hasnt in a a few seasons here and believing RAshford can consistently be that man based on the last 3years is futile.

Really unless I am forgetting someone,only one player has shown they can be that guy in the last decade and he is about to leave for Marseille.

We should be looking at a big signing there I feel to replace one of our flanks and this summer there are quite a few options, Williams and Doue especially look like genuinely great young players with world star potential and both transfer fees are pretty reasonable and both players progress us as an attacking force hugely potentially....of course so did Sancho before he camebut still

We had a brief link with Xavi Simmons which bar our Dutch links was strange to me as cant see him out wide personally.

But all our links so far this summer I REALLY think one thing we are missing is a super exciting first choice winger.

I like both Amad and Garnacho and have high hopes maybe even this season Shea Lacey breaks through. All talented and exciting....but none seem ready yet at least tobe first choice starting week in week out.

Obviously so far Antony has offered little to suggest he can be the consistent quality starter on the right, Sancho hasnt in a a few seasons here and believing RAshford can consistently be that man based on the last 3years is futile.

Really unless I am forgetting someone,only one player has shown they can be that guy in the last decade and he is about to leave for Marseille.

We should be looking at a big signing there I feel to replace one of our flanks and this summer there are quite a few options, Williams and Doue especially look like genuinely great young players with world star potential and both transfer fees are pretty reasonable and both players progress us as an attacking force hugely potentially....of course so did Sancho before he camebut still
I would love us to buy an exciting winger like Williams or Doue but with Sancho most likely staying, I doubt we will buy a winger

As great as it would be to sign Williams or Doue, I wouldn’t say it’s a massive priority unless we are able to shift on at least one of Antony or Sancho. Personally I’m keen to see what Amad can do with a proper run of games next season. I genuinely believe he has the same level of talent as someone like Olise in that position, which is why I was never fully onboard with the Olise signing, as I think Amad could get to that level this year.

The player I do like the look of as an Antony replacement is Roony Bardhji at Kobenhaven, who stylistically reminds me a lot of a young Eden Hazard. Unfortunately he sustained an ACL injury near the end of the season which ruled out an almost certain transfer this summer (similar to Scalvini who was also a potential CB target for us…).

I’ll be keen to see how Bardghji recovers and performs in the second half of next season. Florian Wirtz did his ACL and now look at him so if Bardghji comes back and hits a similar level to before his injury, he’ll be a bargain RW signing for next summer.

Zirkzee - 35Mill
Branthwaite - 60Mill
De Ligt - 45Million

Add Yoro and Neves to that list, sell Maguire, Lindelof, Casemiro, Sancho, and McTominay let Ericsson go.

Zirkzee - 35m
De Ligt - 42m
Ugarte - Loan

CM/DM - Neves - 70m
RB - Kayode - 25m

Zirkzee (done)
Yoro (hopefully done)

Next up? De Ligt and Ugarte

The perfect transfer window would be: Zirkzee (done), Yoro (almost done), De Ligt (good chances), Ugarte (good chances), Kadioglu, Doue/Xavi

------------------------------ Rasmus/Zirkzee(35)---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Mainoo/*-----------------Ugarte(50)/*----------------------------------------

-----Shaw/Amaas---------Licha/Yoro(30)---------DeLigt(40)/Maguire---------Dalot/*----

-----------------------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------------------------------

Means we could get rid of Casemiro/Ericksen/McT/Bissaka/Lindelof/Sancho/Greenwood/Pellestri to generate around 120M and buy 1 or 2 top class midfielders along with a right back.
Very good team except RW, RB and midfield obviously. I hope we get at least 2 new midfielders but that might be a bit too much to ask. Further, I think Sancho will stay

Solid team. Looks like we should improve in the defence a lot, if we manage to get Ugarte the midfield looks much better, too. We are still quite light at the top, with striker and RW being our weakest positions (followed by RB), and I'm not sure where the goals will come from. But yeah, we are finally targeting the right players that immediately improve our starting XI or offer huge potential, rather than paying 60m+ for squad options, so I'm in awe.

Solid team. Looks like we should improve in the defence a lot, if we manage to get Ugarte the midfield looks much better, too. We are still quite light at the top, with striker and RW being our weakest positions (followed by RB), and I'm not sure where the goals will come from. But yeah, we are finally targeting the right players that immediately improve our starting XI or offer huge potential, rather than paying 60m+ for squad options, so I'm in awe.
Totally agreed, Imagine what INEOS could have done with Antony(85)+Casemero(60)+Mount(55) money which is around 200M.

At last, things are looking on rise and the players being linked with UTD are promising (Zirkzee/Yoro/Ugarte/Deligt).

How much difference real football people can make is on display here and UTD in last 10 years could be used a good lesson by other clubs in future on how not to manage a club.

I'm hoping for the following:

IN:

De Ligt (£43m)
Yoro (£52m)
Zirkzee (£35m)
CM (??)
Striker (??)

Out:

Maguire (£25m)
Lindelof (£10m)
Wan Bissaka (£12m)
McTominay (£25m)
Pellistri (£8m)
Mejbri (£5m)
Greenwood (£8m)
Antony (£20m)
Shoretire (£4m)
Total (£114m)

I don't think our net spend needs to be in profit, plus the payment terms don't need to be lump some for players coming in.

Gk - Onana, Vitek, Bayindir :+1:

RB - Dalot, AWB (Content to keep as it is, but if we didn't have FFP, I'd shift AWB out and replace with a more attacking minded RB) :+1:

CB - Martinez, Maguire, Yoro, Lindelof, Evans ( Replacing Lindelof with De Light would be a great piece of business)

LB - Shaw, Malacia - Given Shaw's fitness and the fact that we don't know if Malacia is still a footballer, I think we need to add a promising LB

DM/MC - Mainoo, Casemiro, McT, Eriksen - We need 2 players here, get rid of McT now, and prepare to get rid of Casemiro and Eriksen as soon as you have replacement for them, bring in Ugarte and Wharton)

AMC - Bruno, Eriksen, Zirkzee - perhaps we need to start planning for a future player here

Wingers - Amad, Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Sancho - get rid of Antony, give the last spot to Pellistri, final chance for Sancho

ST - Hoijlund, Zirkzee, Rashford - could buy someone here, not an absolute priority, but we don't have depth

I think we still need a 2nd CB, at least one CM, a flexible fullback can play left or right, and an attacking playmaker/winger

I’d love to beat Barca to Williams.
Pickup that Turkish fullback
Sign DeLigt OR JB
Ugarte

Depending on budget, an Olmo would be nice

I think we still need a 2nd CB, at least one CM, a flexible fullback can play left or right, and an attacking playmaker/winger

Sign DeLigt OR JB
Ugarte

I agree that those positions would get us lot closer to where we want to be with the squad.

I'd love Williams. Hopefully, Juve will pony up the 40m we want for Sancho.
The Turkish FB looked good at the Euros and could be available at a decent price. Send Lindelof to Jose in exchange.
I think I want a left-footed player as our second CB option. JB is good. Otherwise Calafiori would be my choice. The Hanko guy if he is any good and available at a decent price.
I would like a CM who is better on the ball. Adam Wharton would be the dream. Or Neves if he is good on the ball and as good as everyone says.

I'm hoping for the following:

IN:
De Ligt (£43m)
Yoro (£52m)
Zirkzee (£35m)
CM (??)
Striker (??)

Out:
Maguire (£25m)
Lindelof (£10m)
Wan Bissaka (£12m)
McTominay (£25m)
Pellistri (£8m)
Mejbri (£5m)
Greenwood (£8m)
Antony (£20m)
Shoretire (£4m)
Total (£114m)

I don't think our net spend needs to be in profit, plus the payment terms don't need to be lump some for players coming in.
Dunno if it’s a typo but Greenwood has already gone for €30m

I agree that those positions would get us lot closer to where we want to be with the squad.

I'd love Williams. Hopefully, Juve will pony up the 40m we want for Sancho.
The Turkish FB looked good at the Euros and could be available at a decent price. Send Lindelof to Jose in exchange.
I think I want a left-footed player as our second CB option. JB is good. Otherwise Calafiori would be my choice. The Hanko guy if he is any good and available at a decent price.
I would like a CM who is better on the ball. Adam Wharton would be the dream. Or Neves if he is good on the ball and as good as everyone says.
Wharton would be a superb signing who would compliment Ugarte and Mainoo

Sign DeLigt OR JB
Ugarte

you been playing FIFA or whatever video game version they call it in europe???

that would be like a revolutionary change to the squad

Kadioglu, Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee and Williams/Tsygankov

Kadioglu, Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte.....getting those 4 alone would tighten up the defense

I still find it difficult to see where goals are going to come from based on last season....amad, garnacho, rashford, hojlund, antony, pellestri.....none of them are proven consistent goal scorers

we need a legit 1v1 threat on the wing like rashford was two years ago or greenwood before his crap. guys you knew could get you a goal