Westminster Politics

Another one gone, though not for Brexit reasons.

DiGE7JEWsAEjdgJ.jpg

Last edited:
Depraved tosser.
The 'piggy noises' text made me chuckle. 'Depraved' is probably a bit much tbf- he's more just a sleazy adulterous perv.

He's getting what he deserves, but has clearly been stitched up. The woman shares over 2,000 messages with him then complains?!

The 'piggy noises' text made me chuckle. 'Depraved' is probably a bit much tbf- he's more just a sleazy adulterous perv.

He's getting what he deserves, but has clearly been stitched up. The woman shares over 2,000 messages with him then complains?!

He’s never going to be able to live this down.

If a man shared salacious messages a woman sent him would it not be deemed that he was some kind of creep who perpetrated some kind of abuse on her by making this all public

Obviously a party that struggles to agree a definition of anti-semtiism with itself would be much better placed to negotiate the Brexit deal with the EU than anyone else.

John Woodcock under investigation for harassment has quit the Labour party. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's apparently 30 sitting days too which means he'll be unable to vote in parliament until November. Bit of a blow for May considering how close these votes are getting. Now for the Shinners to really troll the DUP and start taking their seats :wenger:

It's apparently 30 sitting days too which means he'll be unable to vote in parliament until November. Bit of a blow for May considering how close these votes are getting. Now for the Shinners to really troll the DUP and start taking their seats :wenger:

Still holding out for that Labour-SNP-Sinn Fein coalition.:lol:

You jest but there’s actually a bit of pressure building on them to do exactly that.

You jest but there’s actually a bit of pressure building on them to do exactly that.

Aye but I'm sure they'll resist it to little if any electoral cost. As a nationalist I'd rather they actually didn't bother running in Westminster elections and gave the SDLP a free run at those seats. I can't imagine the shinners and SDLP would vote much differently in the house of commons. Their divergences are mainly over devolved matters anyway.

They will never take their seats.

I know. I’m not even sure what’s involved in reversing their abstention policy and whether it could be done in time to influence all these Brexit votes. It is a bit mad the way they suddenly find themselves with the potential to have such a massive influence on the future of Britain and Ireland, yet choose not to use that influence.

I know. I’m not even sure what’s involved in reversing their abstention policy and whether it could be done in time to influence all these Brexit votes. It is a bit mad the way they suddenly find themselves with the potential to have such a massive influence on the future of Britain and Ireland, yet choose not to use that influence.

I agree with you. Though you could say the same about the DUP who are voting against the wishes of the majority in Northern Ireland - this really has been an extraordinary couple of years and non of it has been good.

Maybe just maybe Blairs lying while in office has contributed to the political environment we have today.
Was thinking the same. He says a lot of reasonable stuff and is obviously a smart guy but he has no self awareness.

One of the problems with politics and political discourse today is that people only really need to see a picture of the politician and not read or hear what it is they're seeing to decide whether they agree with it or not.

Politician I like, then I'll agree with what they say. I won't listen to what it is they say or really care but I like them so I'll agree with it. Politician I don't like then even if I agree with what they say I'll pretend I don't and attack them for another reason.

What relevance do the views of a former Prime Minister have when Aaron Bastini is calling people "LOL melts", or Owen Jones is complaining about media conspiracy and everyone being out to get Corbyn and somehow pretending there's a difference between that and the Trump nutters.

One of the problems with politics and political discourse today is that people only really need to see a picture of the politician and not read or hear what it is they're seeing to decide whether they agree with it or not.

Politician I like, then I'll agree with what they say. I won't listen to what it is they say or really care but I like them so I'll agree with it. Politician I don't like then even if I agree with what they say I'll pretend I don't and attack them for another reason.

What relevance do the views of a former Prime Minister have when Aaron Bastini is calling people "LOL melts", or Owen Jones is complaining about media conspiracy and everyone being out to get Corbyn and somehow pretending there's a difference between that and the Trump nutters.
I despise Owen Jones and agree with most of what you said. Still, I don't think it's particularly nuts to think there is a huge negative media bias against centre-left and left-wing viewpoints.

I despise Owen Jones and agree with most of what you said. Still, I don't think it's particularly nuts to think there is a huge negative media bias against centre-left and left-wing viewpoints.

Print media do. At least the best selling newspapers. Talk radio does too but the influence of that is minimal. The best antidote to bullshit used to be common sense. Now that's dissipated and everyone's just as bonkers as anyone else. There used to be a block of moderates who weren't particularly idealogical but were happy to call right wing and left wing bullshit out.

Now everyone just wears 'Left/Right wing bullshit and proud' t-shirts.

Sad #MAGA (etc)