Westminster Politics 2024-2029

As I know parents who had kids at the school ill go with the first hand accounts of the situation over the opinion of a virtually homemade left wing news website thanks.
Whereas we have learnt time and time again that you talk out of your arse so forgive us if we think you are once against talking nonsense.

From the article it seem they might introduce unpaid work(Used to be called slavery)and social credit scoring. Tbh Gauke probably got the gig because Sue Gray is gone.

From September -
We've had unpaid work since that ghoulish workfare introduced under Cameron. Which was amazing as people were forced to work for their benefits and they filled a workplace vacancy at the same time.

All good. I’m sure most would disregard emotional first hand accounts of parents in the face of three years of annual accounts and dwindling enrollment numbers.

It's a simple yes or no question, would that school still be here if there were no VAT rise. The answer is yes.

It's a simple yes or no question, would that school still be here if there were no VAT rise. The answer is yes.

What level of information would you need, beyond all of the facts and 6 years of qualifying details, would you need in order to accept that the school closed because it was failing?

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/05/28/...-nothing-to-do-with-partys-vat-payment-plans/

If your burden of proof is ‘I need a parent of a child that goes there to tell me it wasn’t the removal of a VAT loophole’ then that’s a very silly stance.

What level of information would you need, beyond all of the facts and 6 years of qualifying details, would you need in order to accept that the school closed because it was failing?

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/05/28/...-nothing-to-do-with-partys-vat-payment-plans/

If your burden of proof is ‘I need a parent of a child that goes there to tell me it wasn’t the removal of a VAT loophole’ then that’s a very silly stance.
I imagine that his preference for believing "first hand accounts" over actual evidence has something to do with the former being what he wants to hear.

Without VAT, would the school still be here? Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the answer is still unequivocally yes.

The school even blamed "adverse political factors" in its official statement of the closure. But sure, a lunatic fringe newspaper knows best.

Without VAT, would the school still be here? Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the answer is still unequivocally yes.

The school even blamed "adverse political factors" in its official statement of the closure. But sure, a lunatic fringe newspaper knows best.
:lol:

Ok cool.

What market condition IS allowed to cause a public school to close?

If the VAT adjustment came first and low enrolments came second and higher costs came third and Covid came fourth, would that have been ok?

All good. I’m sure most would disregard emotional first hand accounts of parents in the face of three years of annual accounts and dwindling enrollment numbers.
The thing that I don't understand is that 5.9% of children in the UK go to Public Schools. Why should the other 99% of the population care about tax being added to the fees that these school charge their parents. If we can agree that no one cares why has so much of the thread been taken up with this topic for the last 3 months?

The Byline Times is one of the newspapers which actually reports the truth and backs up with sources. One of the best publications out there.

The thing that I don't understand is that 5.9% of children in the UK go to Public Schools. Why should the other 99% of the population care about tax being added to the fees that these school charge their parents. If we can agree that no one cares why has so much of the thread been taken up with this topic for the last 3 months?
:lol:

It means that maybe 0.6% more kids will have to slum it out in (probably very good) state schools. I get that it sucks for those parents that scrimp, save and borrow to get their kids through the door but it does seem to get more than its fair share of airtime considering the scale of other problems besetting us.

It means that maybe 0.6% more kids will have to slum it out in (probably very good) state schools. I get that it sucks for those parents that scrimp, save and borrow to get their kids through the door but it does seem to get more than its fair share of airtime considering the scale of other problems besetting us.
Absolutely.
I shouldn't have laughed. I'm 104% in agreement really.
No, I thought that you were laughing more out of agreement than distain. It's just that there are so many issues that are scaring our country at the moment that the top 6% of parents having to pay more doesn't even register as an issue to me.

New commission may ban English water companies from making a profit​

Defra body, created to overhaul system amid public fury, may force firms to be run for public good rather than shareholder returns

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-england-water-companies-from-making-a-profit

Water companies in England could be banned from making a profit under plans for a complete overhaul of the system.

The idea is one of the options being considered by a new commission set up by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) amid public fury over the way firms have prioritised profit over the environment.

Sources at the department said they would consider forcing the sale of water companies in England to firms that would run them as not-for-profits. Unlike under nationalisation, the company would not be run by the government but by a private company, run for public benefit.

----

We can but hope.

New commission may ban English water companies from making a profit​

Defra body, created to overhaul system amid public fury, may force firms to be run for public good rather than shareholder returns

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-england-water-companies-from-making-a-profit

Water companies in England could be banned from making a profit under plans for a complete overhaul of the system.

The idea is one of the options being considered by a new commission set up by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) amid public fury over the way firms have prioritised profit over the environment.

Sources at the department said they would consider forcing the sale of water companies in England to firms that would run them as not-for-profits. Unlike under nationalisation, the company would not be run by the government but by a private company, run for public benefit.

----

We can but hope.

It's a good idea which means it will never happen.

So, lots of stuff going on at the minute, but one that got ost in the noise is that starmer just game david gauke a job in government. Remember, he has 400 MPs to choose from, people actually elected to make our laws by the people of this country.

But instead, he wants this guy. The tweet is a little dramatic, he wasn't the driving force behind austerity. H'es an idiot that was still defending it in 2023, after it was proven to have lead to the deaths of somewhere close to 200,000 people between 2011 and 2019.

When this is who they turn to, people who view the populous as simple statistics, they are not looking for the best outcomes, but the cheapest.

So, lots of stuff going on at the minute, but one that got ost in the noise is that starmer just game david gauke a job in government. Remember, he has 400 MPs to choose from, people actually elected to make our laws by the people of this country.

But instead, he wants this guy. The tweet is a little dramatic, he wasn't the driving force behind austerity. H'es an idiot that was still defending it in 2023, after it was proven to have lead to the deaths of somewhere close to 200,000 people between 2011 and 2019.

When this is who they turn to, people who view the populous as simple statistics, they are not looking for the best outcomes, but the cheapest.

But he didn't chose him to help Rachael Reeves with the budget, he hired him based on experience in the prisons sector and offered such sensible plans as holding any sentence under 6 months in a community sentence, rather than in prison.

Why are labour activists campaigning for Harris in America?

Because they can and its allowed under American law. They are party activists not elected officialsThey just can't be paid for it. The issue was a message on LinkedIn posts by an official of the Labour Party organising it which has caused the issue. This has happened in previous elections as well with other party activists campaigning.

Because they can and its allowed under American law. They are party activists not elected officialsThey just can't be paid for it. The issue was a message on LinkedIn posts by an official of the Labour Party organising it which has caused the issue. This has happened in previous elections as well with other party activists campaigning.
There is at least one councellor out there.

Oh, and MPs too

Edit: Just want to point out that this one basically says 'I just had a week off for my works party, now I'm having some more time off' while collecting about 8 grand a month from the state in wages.

The replies point out the utter distain for the job quite well.

Is the same issue with any MP.

Do your fecking job that you are very well paid for.

That is not political campaigning in another country. Its looking after your constituents. This country is falling apart, people need help, and whether its farage or some dimwit with a red rosette, if they don;t want to fo the real work, maybe just feck off and go be an activist on your own coin.

That is not political campaigning in another country. It’s looking after your constituents. This country is falling apart, people need help, and whether its farage or some dimwit with a red rosette, if they don;t want to fo the real work, maybe just feck off and go be an activist on your own coin.
Yeah I agree with this, I appreciate it might be in their own time but it’s an ugly look for anyone on either side to be putting their energy into USA. Fecking focus on making things better for your constituents.

That is not political campaigning in another country. Its looking after your constituents. This country is falling apart, people need help, and whether its farage or some dimwit with a red rosette, if they don;t want to fo the real work, maybe just feck off and go be an activist on your own coin.

Yep I agree with this about MPs, they shouldn't be going. The issue I have is the clear bias in the media who have ignored Farage, Truss etc but then go on and on about Labour activists.

Yep I agree with this about MPs, they shouldn't be going. The issue I have is the clear bias in the media who have ignored Farage, Truss etc but then go on and on about Labour activists.
Do you honestly believe stuff like this? Farage visit was in every publication in the country.

It’s football fan level stuff this is. We are stuck in such a rut it’s infuriating

Do you honestly believe stuff like this? Farage visit was in every publication in the country.

It’s football fan level stuff this is. We are stuck in such a rut it’s infuriating

His visit was but who was querying his expenses, who was paying for the flight etc? It wasn't even fecking mentioned at all and now it's just being discussed now because Labour are and the cnut is still getting an easy ride from the media. Farage has been getting a piss easy ride from the media for a while.

Farage has been getting a piss easy ride from the media for a while.
Of course he has, he is 'on the money' (right or wrong) every time he is involved in something, opens his mouth, points the finger, etc. the press have their headline.

Just like Trump Farage knows how social media works, especially on 'fake news'.... "no matter what they tell us...no matter what they say.... what we believe is true" (Boyzone).

Ever since the rich and powerful, the landowners and captains of industry, etc. had to teach their workers how to read so they could operate the new machinery to power the industrial revolution, and then subsequently those same people used their newfound skills to read Karl Marx etc., 'Top down' censorship on the grand scale has been slipping.

The 'Free Press' is now suffering from its own idealism as their mantra of ' the right to tell the story to the people' (any story) has been boosted by social media and has come home to roost.

As with beauty, 'truth' is in the eye of the beholder.... 'the truth, the only truth, is your truth' it's what you believe and what such as Farage draws to your attention. Censorship has been all but destroyed and now 'hackers' are at work everywhere, actually knowing the truth has become a diminishing return.... for everyone.

If Trump can get back in as President, what are the odds-on Farage becoming the PM? All Labour has to do is fail!!

Last edited:
Another example of why close ties to lobbyists ( 2 of the new labour intake were lobbyits for the water industry up until their election).

Remember, Lewis is a sitting labour MP saying this. Given the state of the tories, starmer's labour could have gone with mild conservatism, they could have been cameron mk2 if they had wanted, and still be seen as a moderate choice, but no. They had to go this way, continue the blatant corruption and utter bullshit of the johnson era, not only screwing us today but opening the door to farage in 2029.

We deserve far, far better politicians.

They really need to stop giving a shit about the front pages of so-called newspapers that hate them anyway.

Erm, good? It was a stupid idea anyway.
It was a diversion, I doubt he ever intended to go ahead with it, just something to steal the headlines whilst they deepened trade links with an genocidal apartheid state.