Westminster Politics 2024-2029

Its not the cafe out of sync with public opinion, its the politicians and the media they get their info from

Maybe I've been reading UK papers and their comment sections too much.

On Caf being out of sync generally was thinking more Brexit, Corbyn etc...

Maybe I've been reading UK papers and their comment sections too much.

On Caf being out of sync generally was thinking more Brexit, Corbyn etc...

Oh for sure, it would normally be the case, this one surprised me when it popped up.

The breakdown from yougov showed something like 80% of Labour voters supported a ceasefire, and more than half of tory voters too.

Oh for sure, it would normally be the case, this one surprised me when it popped up.

The breakdown from yougov showed something like 80% of Labour voters supported a ceasefire, and more than half of tory voters too.
Surprised with Tories in particular. The four leadership candidates are falling over themselves to be more gung ho in their support than the next.

A joint statement from von der Leyen and Starmer. Nothing major in content but a continued shift in relations.

So the party responsible for absolutely tanking the economy is deemed better at managing the economy? I don’t know who this makes look worse, Labour or the folk taking part in that poll.

Since the election, both starmer and reeves have spent their time saying everything is crap and it won't get better. They did this to themselves.

Since the election, both starmer and reeves have spent their time saying everything is crap and it won't get better. They did this to themselves.

Starmer certainly hasn’t covered himself in glory so far but surely people haven’t forgotten the absolute shitshow of the last 14 years under Tory rule?

So the party responsible for absolutely tanking the economy is deemed better at managing the economy? I don’t know who this makes look worse, Labour or the folk taking part in that poll.
What about the other 47% what did they say?....probably p**s off, stop asking daft questions. ;)

Labour posted a long list of what they've achieved or set in motion via parliamentary bills since taking power on July 5th. You wouldn't expect it to make it to this thread and you;d think they've been in power for many terms rather than under 3 months!

Labour posted a long list of what they've achieved or set in motion via parliamentary bills since taking power on July 5th. You wouldn't expect it to make it to this thread and you;d think they've been in power for many terms rather than under 3 months!
Yes saw that online, they need to be better at getting that messaging out. Their comms isn’t good enough at the moment.

Starmer certainly hasn’t covered himself in glory so far but surely people haven’t forgotten the absolute shitshow of the last 14 years under Tory rule?
Don't forget that a sizable chunk of people somehow thought they were doing a great job since 2010.

No information on how many people consulted and demographics etc.
Knock yourself out.

fieldwork.png

What was the point in complaining about that information not being in the tweet? It's obviously not something anyone would include in a small infographic, and the source was clearly listed so for anyone actually interested it's extremely easy to figure it out.

What was the point in complaining about that information not being in the tweet? It's obviously not something anyone would include in a small infographic, and the source was clearly listed so for anyone actually interested it's extremely easy to figure it out.

Because you normally have the sample size and other information on the poll with a link to a further breakdown. That's all it was. Having looked at the data, it follows normal trends e.g leave voters and massive percentage of older voters for Tory.

Because you normally have the sample size and other information on the poll with a link to a further breakdown. That's all it was. Having looked at the data, it follows normal trends e.g leave voters and massive percentage of older voters for Tory.

This wasn't a poll, it was an infographic illustrating one question from a poll. The actual poll is referenced, so you'd go there for that information. A completely standard way to do things.

Definitely the folk taking part in the poll. The Tories have been destroying the economy for a decade and people forgot that in 2 months. Goldfish have better memories. Labour have been horrid since taking power but folk clamouring for Torries need to be shot into the sun.

I was merely asking the question in relation to the post, that was all. Thanks for your input.

In that case, I'm merely informing you about how infographics work, and how to look up information like this in the future when the source is so clearly provided to you.

Teach a man to fish and all that, you know?

Last edited:
If someone gave me a £1.2m interest free loan, I’d post a tweet for them…

Now I’m sure it’ll have a good reason but a potentially clarifying post in isolation isn’t always a ‘that’s ok’. Sooner all MPs are banned from any payments, loans, etc, the better.

https://members.parliament.uk/member/193/registeredinterests
GY5f62fWAAAmIbc

Tbh it could easy be a technical breach but when you’ve got MP’s indebted to donors then it’s difficult to take anything the MP’s say seriously.

GY5f62fWAAAmIbc

Tbh it could easy be a technical breach but when you’ve got MP’s indebted to donors then it’s difficult to take anything the MP’s say seriously.
Agree.. I’d already edited post to add that the sooner it’s NOTHING is allowed, the better.

Enter politics, held to a higher expectation to most of us… don’t want to be, don’t enter politics.

As expected though the social grade one surprised me a little… more in A and B for Starmer, more in D and E for Sunak

Last edited:

If they were footballers they'd be banned for months or even years. And bearing in mind that e.g. 6 months of a footballer's career is on average perhaps around 5% of it, that should count double in politics where you don't retire, you just get sent to alocoholic daycare in the Lords.

GY5f62fWAAAmIbc

She is also the genius that said in the run up to the 2019 election, that to be anti-capitalism was to be antisemitic.

Thus revealing her to be a purveyor of the 'Jews and money' tropes and possible the most antisemitic politican to walk through the doors of westminster in 50 years.

Nothing hapenned of course, she said it on a live politics show, and it was just ignored.