Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had the discipline, work ethic and nutrition of Ronaldo, he had the talent to go down as one of the best ever. But he ruined everything.

I think it's actually completely psychological. I think he has issues that have impeded his progress over the years. I wouldn't question his discipline or work ethic to be honest.

Not sad at all.

Like a weight lifted off the club.

Pleased for him that he got the club he wanted though.

Mourinho handled rooney brilliantly.....something moyes (5 year contract) and van gaal (my captain shall always play) couldn't do. Mourinho put an end to playing rooney in midfield straight away, a couple of videoson scholes wasnt going to turn him into a midfielder. He managed him brilliantly by phasinh him out after getting the record and buying zlatan. Rooney was mostly spent on the bench and when played fans could see how he had diminished. Mourinho gave him enough just for fans to see the rooney of now not the past years. He handled him without upsetting any of the old trafford faithful.

Thanks for the memories rooney guess time caught up to you. A new challenge at boyhood club might bring back the desire, hunger that made you such a great player.

Wanted us to accept Chelsea's offer, after Fergie left, so not exactly surprising I'm not sad to see him go.

Haven't been a fan since he decided to publicly announce his desire to leave because we weren't spending enough on transfers, before he realised actually it was that we weren't spending enough on his salary.
Ironically, he turned to shit right when we did actually start spending massively.

How do you think he's feeling about it all, seriously? I bet he's actually really upset about it. There is going to be HUGE pressure on him at Everton. Unless he scores 20+ goals and gets them into CL, he is going to be seen as a failure, that's even if Koeman likes him and he gets a start.

How do you think he's feeling about it all, seriously? I bet he's actually really upset about it. There is going to be HUGE pressure on him at Everton. Unless he scores 20+ goals and gets them into CL, he is going to be seen as a failure, that's even if Koeman likes him and he gets a start.

I think he understands how football is and that he has had a wonderful career and that he is still privileged to be able to return to the club that he wants to now he has left United.

Brilliant when he came and was overall an amazing player. He was like a raw animal, incredible to watch.Tarnished his legacy, never loved United and was always out for himself, in my opinion. I'm so glad he's gone, I'll be celebrating tonight for sure with a few drinks. Been waiting for this day for a few years, haven't celebrated a goal he's scored sinced he wanted out to City. Unpopular opinion in here but I don't care, it's mine.

Someone please explain to me how media are reporting Rooney is taking a 50% pay cut when at the same time they are reporting that Utd will pay some of his wages whcih will take it up to 300k a week?? They are contradicting themselves in the same article

Good to see him smiling and signing autographs coming out of Everton.

Someone please explain to me how media are reporting Rooney is taking a 50% pay cut when at the same time they are reporting that Utd will pay some of his wages whcih will take it up to 300k a week?? They are contradicting themselves in the same article
Maybe his contract with Everton is £150k/w, and united are paying him £150k/w for a set period of time?

I give it 3 years before the first "we could do with a player like Rooney" thread.

We could do with a player like Rooney now. Just not this decrepit version of him.

I was there for that match and couldn't believe what we had signed. It's been a roller coaster since but he has been a good servant of the club and a true legend.

Unequivocally the best debut I've ever seen. Coming straight off the back of Euro 2004 too, I think the whole country watched it with their jaws on the floor. It was a special experience

One of my favorites as a United player (started watching football and United around early 2000s but most of my United memories are after him and Ronaldo started their career). Despite Ronaldo being the more talented, skillful and flamboyant one, I had Rooney as my favourite. He tore it up like a bull, burst through defenders rather than dancing past them, unleashed powerful shots and thundering volleys, and made great runs with desire and aggression. He played through injuires, took tackles on and did a lot of sacrifice on the pitch during those years. That's the Wayne I remember now and for the future. Thanks Wazza, and hope you do well.

Rooney was never my favorite player on the team because of his behavior off the pitch. But he's a player I would never forget what he did for United.

Really sad to see him cant even say goodbye with United shirt at OT but I'm sure he will get the best reception ever when he comes back.

I said my goodbyes at the end of the season. Knew it was the last I'd see him at old Trafford. The crowd knew it too.

Dissagree that will make him a failure. Everton getting in the CL is impossible. The top 6 are way too strong.

I think if he's good enough to break back into England it'll be a success.

Remember when he was young? He shone the the sun! Shine on you chubby diamond!

Now there's this look in your eyes.. You traded football for pies! Shine on you chubby diamond!

Unequivocally the best debut I've ever seen. Coming straight off the back of Euro 2004 too, I think the whole country watched it with their jaws on the floor. It was a special experience
As I've said. I left the ground buzzing about the special talent we had signed.

The fact there wasn't a flood of leaks to the press about being hard done by at being left out etc, suggests to me he realised pretty quickly he was on borrowed time here at last.
He's won it all, and he's still young enough to recapture properly the hearts of his home team.
No-one is expecting the crazy things you say! He didn't contribute 20goals for us that in a season that often after all.

It's still Everton, however much they've spent, and we mustn't forget they have also just lost their top player of recent years.
A stab at getting into top 6 is their absolute glass window, and even then it's the most competitive top 6 for years anyway. Who are they going to displace? Us? Arsenal? Unlikely on both.
Unless Liverpool drop back, as you can't see last Chelsea/Tottenham/City not being up there.

I said my goodbyes at the end of the season. Knew it was the last I'd see him at old Trafford. The crowd knew it too.

Yep. That was my feeling as well. It felt like a lot of people were saying goodbye.

Great player for us but will always divide the opinion of fans. I thought it was a mistake to give him that contract extension and I have been proven right, we should have sold him to Chelsea; we should be celebrating this moment 4 years ago.

Yep. That was my feeling as well. It felt like a lot of people were saying goodbye.

The fear was that he'd take that as a signal that he was still wanted here. Pleased to see that he wasn't too arrogant to see the truth, eventually.

His time at Utd came to an end 2 seasons ago, but what a player he was. He excited me more then most of the top players we had since I started following Utd in the nineties. That grit, that technique, fabulous shot... I'll miss him. End of an era for sure. Top scorer for Utd and England, won everything there is to win on club level. Captain, legend.

Genuinely feel like crying. Our angry wayne. Gone. So many matches he's won for us overy a decade. My favorite moments of his are when he'd get angry and go all beast mode.

So what sort of position do we expect him to playing in for them? Considering he has been moaning about wanting to play midfield for a while, I'm going to assume that he has negotiated with them on the basis he will play midfield for them. Barry's replacement I guess.

It's emotional - probably the most emotional departure in my lifetime but it has to be done. He's simply past it. I'm glad it's back to Everton and not to China or some shite - he can still perform in the Prem.

One of my favourite ever players, but it is time. Pleased for him that he gets to return to Everton, though I have my doubts how effective he can be for them at this stage of his career.

I wish him all the best :devil:

His time at Utd came to an end 2 seasons ago, but what a player he was. He excited me more then most of the top players we had since I started following Utd in the nineties. That grit, that technique, fabulous shot... I'll miss him. End of an era for sure. Top scorer for Utd and England, won everything there is to win on club level. Captain, legend.

That's a fantastic posting. It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.