Wan-Bissaka for sale

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I still think we should keep him.
He's not an elite right back and there's room to upgrade, but with him and Dalot, both of whom had good seasons, I'd argue right back is the one position in the team that isn't a problem.

We have too many other positions requiring attention.

Red Royal

Given the small fee being offered along with the full back issues we had last year; I would rather keep him unless we have someone ready to come in with a higher potential.

Left back is where we should be focusing more and Dalot with AWB as cover for RB is fine, even if we lose him for nothing or offer him a 1 year extension (which he may not take).
£25M+ and them yes, move him on.

Midrich

Yeah, you're right, 50m for a guy who can basically only do slide tackles.

Great business.
He makes goal line clearences, blocks shots & makes good short passing and dribbling. His crossing is crap aswell as his tracking back. His heading has significantly improved from getting outdone nearly every game to only 1-3 times a season max that will lead to a goal.

You just don't rate him.

I can count so many world class performances wan bissaka has put for us against the best players in the world.

Literally shits on a player like Herrera or even Rafael. Apart from Dalot this season he has been our best RB post SAF.

Underrated player because he looks clumsy even when he protrudes his skills & can get caught playing someone offside.

His LB positioning really made him look worse than he is.

Frimpong is not leaving Leverkusen so i will have AWB all day.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, you're right, 50m for a guy who can basically only do slide tackles.

Great business.
He's not been horrendous, but we will improve that right hand side when we see the back of him. He just doesn't play on the front foot, but he is good at engaging wingers and sitting in. I have problems with his concentration and decision making, but plenty of full backs have those problems, they just usually come with the bonus of being good going forward.

He's clearly not worth anywhere near what people think, otherwise people would be queuing up for him at £15m. I'd be happy to get £15m and find someone better going forward.

Oranges038

He makes goal line clearences, blocks shots & makes good short passing and dribbling. His crossing is crap aswell as his tracking back. His heading has significantly improved from getting outdone nearly every game to only 1-3 times a season max that will lead to a goal.

You just don't rate him.

I can count so many world class performances wan bissaka has put for us against the best players in the world.

Literally shits on a player like Herrera or even Rafael. Apart from Dalot this season he has been our best RB post SAF.

Underrated player because he looks clumsy even when he protrudes his skills & can get caught playing someone offside.

His LB positioning really made him look worse than he is.

Frimpong is not leaving Leverkusen so i will have AWB all day.
What is there to rate?

He has no anticipation, can't read the game so he has zero awareness of danger, doesn't track runners, can't defend the back post, has the positional sense of a baby in a ball pit at left back and right back. Technically his first touch, dribbling and passing are poor for the level he's supposed to be at, and he offers next to nothing in the attacking third. Either by making runs or being able to cross the ball.

Honestly, he's just a dreadful footballer, Paul Parker was 10 times the player.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He is not good enough. That's why he must be sold. Dreadful player really, one of the worst signings Utd have ever made.
Not a very successful signing but clearly not one of the worst signing we ever made. He had some good games, limited player but you can't see him not trying.

Midrich

What is there to rate?

He has no anticipation, can't read the game so he has zero awareness of danger, doesn't track runners, can't defend the back post, has the positional sense of a baby in a ball pit at left back and right back. Technically his first touch, dribbling and passing are poor for the level he's supposed to be at, and he offers next to nothing in the attacking third. Either by making runs or being able to cross the ball.

Honestly, he's just a dreadful footballer, Paul Parker was 10 times the player.
Show me him not defending the back post in the last two seasons?

More than one or two goals max that has happened & people still calling out his weaknesses under Ole than the progress he made under Ten Hag.

His passing, his first touch and dribbling is actually crazy good and he is very press resistant :lol:

I guess everyone has different eyes.

Oranges038

More than one or two goals max that has happened & people still calling out his weaknesses under Ole than the progress he made under Ten Hag.

His passing, his first touch and dribbling is actually crazy good and he is very press resistant :lol:

Not really. I've seen plenty of teams who would force the press to his side when Utd tried to play out from the back with him, because he was seen as the weak link. And there are lots and lots of examples of his poor positioning and awareness costing goals.

Honestly, he's technically a terrible footballer and nowhere near good enough for Utd. Never was and the sooner he's gone the better, he will not be missed.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, he's been okay in most games, pretty good in games against the top 6 where he locks up the best wingers, but he's not the type of RB you want if you want to dominate the ball on the opponents half. I also think calling his passing, first touch and dribbling "crazy good" is a massive overreaction. I don't see anything special there.

Midrich

Not really. I've seen plenty of teams who would force the press to his side when Utd tried to play out from the back with him, because he was seen as the weak link. And there are lots and lots of examples of his poor positioning and awareness costing goals.

Honestly, he's technically a terrible footballer and nowhere near good enough for Utd. Never was and the sooner he's gone the better, he will not be missed.
Yeah like forcing the pressure by Doku to Wan Bissaka's side vs City :lol:

The guy gets out of presses great like a winger.

Jesus fecking Christ, what an absolutely putrid take that is.
Rafael is shit. Benefited from playing under SAF and soon as he went the guy is invisible :lol:

Camilo

A Championship teams dream defender then?

Oranges038

Yeah like forcing the pressure by Doku to Wan Bissaka's side vs City :lol:

The guy gets out of presses great like a winger.

Rafael is shit. Benefited from playing under SAF and soon as he went the guy is invisible :lol:
He's an awful player. 15m tops is what he’s going to fetch and at best he'll end up out in Turkey or the Championship.

caid

I'd take the best offer we get for him. I dont know what that is.
He just wouldn't be in my plans for the future along with a lot of others. I'd take the breathing space the money brings in. Think were long over due to get more sensible with transfers. Casually throwing 15m away just seems really wasteful and something that most premier league teams wouldn't countenance. I guess theres a point about us undervaluing our players and we could try hold out for more. Seems to be a few teams considering him but i imagine theres a lot of alternatives at his level and the list of suitors wont be that long.
I'm not sure how much trust you can place in a player with 6 months left on his contract. Even with the best will in the world your not going to risk injury if you need to find a new job in a couple of months time. I wouldn't pay 15m to loan him for half a season is how i'd nearly think of it.

roseguy64

Well just because he's the weakest in the defence doesn't mean he's terrible overall. Someone has to be chosen.

ForFuchsSake

I know this is probably a highly controversial view but Wan-Bissaka’s ability and contribution to United falls somewhere in the middle. He’s semi-decent but that’s it.

Calling him ‘dreadful’ or one of United’s worst ever signings is an utterly diabolical and exaggerated take. He’s not some unmitigated disaster.

He’s been most reliable, largely injury-free and has had some excellent games completely locking down the right side and shutting out some of the best wingers in the game. This is also interspersed with games where he’s made appealing mistakes positionally as well as a distinct lack of contribution in attack.

Ludicrous take I know.

ForFuchsSake

Why do we have to post that about our own players? He’s PL class
People are so fecking dramatic and lacking in any rationale.

He can obviously carve out a decent PL career even if he’s not at the standard United require. The two aren’t mutually exclusive…

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can tell when posters are talking shite, or agenda posting.... Their posts are filled with exaggeration, false assertions and very little substance. Not worth engaging really, the lack of effort shows you that you aren't going to get anywhere. Some utter nonsense posted in here about our players over the last season, but usually from the same posters.....

Yakuza_devils

15mil in today's market is nothing. Keep him for cover. I'm pretty sure we will need him. Dalot can cover LB too if Shaw is injured again. And we need AWB to play RB.

We have only 3 proper LB/RB in Shaw, Dalot and AWB. I'm not sure what to say about Malacia. Who else we can rely on?

justsomebloke

I still think we should keep him.
He's not an elite right back and there's room to upgrade, but with him and Dalot, both of whom had good seasons, I'd argue right back is the one position in the team that isn't a problem.

We have too many other positions requiring attention.
He's not without use as a squad option, but when all's said and done I think it's obvious by now that he's simply too limited to be an integral part of this team. As such, he is one of the more obvious players to replace and upgrade. And with one year left on his contract, this is the right time to do it.

justsomebloke

15mil in today's market is nothing. Keep him for cover. I'm pretty sure we will need him. Dalot can cover LB too if Shaw is injured again. And we need AWB to play RB.

We have only 3 proper LB/RB in Shaw, Dalot and AWB. I'm not sure what to say about Malacia. Who else we can rely on?
If he's sold, he obviously needs to be replaced.

Brophs

The One and Only
Dalot separated himself from AWB last season, so if one of them had to go, it should be AWB. A more attacking option at right back would be good. There’ll be games where that sort of outlet will be invaluable.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he's sold, he obviously needs to be replaced.
If he's replaced by a better FB I doubt many would be upset about it. Somebody remind me how have we done replacing FBs again? Hopefully the new guys do a better job and don't rush to appease the muppets... as its not a priority, for me.

SSSSnake

I'm not in favour of letting him go on the cheap. We have no cover at right back! He's a decent professional and will be a valuable squad player. Similar to Scotty M. We need players like this that don't moan about being on the bench.

Varun1

2 years left on his contract I believe, will we look at renewing next year? Is he worth renewing?
If not, we should shift him this window and look for an upgrade on Dalot in the next 2 windows. But am not sure if we have cover for Dalot in the meantime.

Same goes for Harry actually.