Wan-Bissaka for sale

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I'm not in favour of letting him go on the cheap. We have no cover at right back! He's a decent professional and will be a valuable squad player. Similar to Scotty M. We need players like this that don't moan about being on the bench.
We dont need players like these who cant play the way we want to play with the first team. Both of these need to find a new club.

Midrich

Who would people bring that would sit on the bench if Dalot is our main starter?

I don't want to hear 'top competition' as an option because the chance we are going to buy someone better than Dalot is slim when we virtually have no one at LB, CB, CDM, ST and RW.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he's replaced by a better FB I doubt many would be upset about it. Somebody remind me how have we done replacing FBs again? Hopefully the new guys do a better job and don't rush to appease the muppets... as its not a priority, for me.
I don't even think you need a "better" full back. You need a similar quality with a different profile. I.e. one that regularly gets beyond his winger and better in possession. For example Aaron Hickey moved last year from Bologna for less that £15m and he would be a better option going forward, but obviously not as good going back. Castagne is another example.

He's not a first team player when everyone is fit, so signing a squad player is far easier to find potential value. With the new chap who's ex RB, I'd be surprised we couldn't pick someone up for cheap with potential and the right profile.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He's not without use as a squad option, but when all's said and done I think it's obvious by now that he's simply too limited to be an integral part of this team. As such, he is one of the more obvious players to replace and upgrade. And with one year left on his contract, this is the right time to do it.
That's the problem though. He has limitations and can be upgraded on, but it doesn't need to be now when there's other areas that need urgent attention.

Upgrading RB should be low on our list of priorities. Centre back, central midfield, left back, right wing, and striker are all positions that we should be looking to address before right back.

JohnyBuckets

tricky situation... He brings in a lot as a squad option. Can put in a 10/10 perfromance against top wingers. but he is in the last year of his contract so we sell him now or loose him for nothing next year. I dont think he should be given a new contract or he probably wouldnt accept a new contract at the terms he should be offered if we are serious about re building the squad. But, we cant bring in someone who can contribute the same way for the amount we will receive for him so its a tricky situation. If only we could've brought in todibo who can cover at RB or maybe big willy can do a job there...

SSSSnake

We dont need players like these who cant play the way we want to play with the first team. Both of these need to find a new club.
He's not even that bad. Why lose a player where we have no cover right now? I'm not saying he's a starter by the way but we need squad depth and he can do a job.

justsomebloke

tricky situation... He brings in a lot as a squad option. Can put in a 10/10 perfromance against top wingers. but he is in the last year of his contract so we sell him now or loose him for nothing next year. I dont think he should be given a new contract or he probably wouldnt accept a new contract at the terms he should be offered if we are serious about re building the squad. But, we cant bring in someone who can contribute the same way for the amount we will receive for him so its a tricky situation. If only we could've brought in todibo who can cover at RB or maybe big willy can do a job there...
He's never going to give you a 10/10 performance, because there are broad areas of the game where he's basically a non-factor, including many who are central to his position - at least if you have ambitions to be a top team. He's a top drawer one-on-one defender, good in the defensive box and a good short passer, which helps when you're playing out of your own zone. But that's about it. If you want to be a top team, you need more than that from a FB.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's never going to give you a 10/10 performance, because there are broad areas of the game where he's basically a non-factor, including many who are central to his position - at least if you have ambitions to be a top team. He's a top drawer one-on-one defender, good in the defensive box and a good short passer, which helps when you're playing out of your own zone. But that's about it. If you want to be a top team, you need more than that from a FB.
spot on and in my opinion, if you keep him even as a squad option, you will have to change style every time he plays, which means he is more of a cost than a saving.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This basically. I feel like he's a net negative for the team and I don't mind us selling him on the cheap if we can maybe search for someone costing similar to bring in who can either stop-gap us a few years of reliable football or a younger rough gem we can mould and have compete with Dalot.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
He is a good player that does not quite fit in the system or style ETH and Ineos want to implement. He does fill a crucial squad position that is not our no1 priority this transfer window though. But this is exactly the conundrum where Ashworth/Wilcox and the new lads can and should prove their worth.

Midrich

It's a squad game. Plenty of games to go around.
Yep, so he would be a squad player vs a starter at 18 years old. I know what i would choose just like Bellingham did.

Dalot was arguably the best RB in the PL last season.

Your asking a completely untested good young kid and play a squad role when Dalot was our player of the year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yep, so he would be a squad player vs a starter at 18 years old. I know what i would choose just like Bellingham did.

Your asking a completely untested good young kid and play a squad role when Dalot was our player of the year.
He's 20 in 7 days just FYI.

Remember the geese

You asked for right back options. I gave you one. This kid could get 30 games in all competitions for us next season. Just like Wan-Bissaka did last season. That isn't an unreasonable number.

Midrich

You asked for right back options. I gave you one. This kid could get 30 games in all competitions for us next season. Just like Wan-Bissaka did last season. That isn't an unreasonable number.
Yep, so we buy a young untested RB and only playing when Dalot moves to LB when the whole of our LB's are injured?

We need a LB more than a RB.

Anyway, you gave me one - give me a couple more because you gave me some random player with arguably enough potential ability to attract aston villa a CL team with a better manager than Ten Hag, younger than Dalot who is still only 24-25, playing RB only when all our LB's are injured because Dalot can switch to LB?

United is not attractive as it once was to just pick a youngster with potential & tell them to play a squad role in a position we have arguably one of our best players.

There's multiple reasons you see these young players going to clubs like West Ham, Brighton, Aston Villa etc - they can get game time and really progress their careers than playing second fiddle to someone in a decade sleeping old giant.

Wan Bissaka is good enough for a squad player.

I honestly think if there wasnt so much hype about Frimpong then we would hardly be talking about our RB position.

People have this dream of attracting Frimpong from a CL club with a crazy level manager in Xabi Alonso & if not then we just switch to find some completely untested player to sit on our bench and get game time only when Dalot is injured or playing LB when Dalot was our player of the year anyway.

Anyway, ive wasted my 5 posts talking about the same thing.

Do we have money to buy an attacking midfielder when we already have Bruno Fernandes this season? No i dont think so, same at RB. We can't waste money in a position we are decently stocked in.

People will miss Wan Bissaka at RB against the worlds best LW's anyway.

He is the only player in the world that could stop Messi if Messi was right footed 2 matches in a row.

The players he has stopped are insane in both quantity and quality. I could name you more players he has had in his bag than there is RB's available with the potential to be better than Dalot himself.

davidmichael

Unless we’re planning on bringing in another right back which I doubt we are seeing as it looks like we’re trying to bring in De Ligt, Branthwaite, Ugarte, Amrabat and Zirkzee then maybe a left back and a winger if sales allow us too then I’d keep AWB as back to Dalot especially considering he’s defensively superior to Dalot and offers something different tactically to Dalot also.

bosskeano

Galatasaray wants to take both AWB and McT to turkey....Sir Jim wants at least 17m for AWB and same for McT.

daba

Anyone saying we shouldn’t be buying Kayode and should stick with AWB is officially an idiot sorry.

roseguy64

Anyone saying we shouldn’t be buying Kayode and should stick with AWB is officially an idiot sorry.
I think the discussion was more Kayode would prefer going to a club in the CL where he can be a starter than being a squad player at Man Utd. But I could be wrong, I just read the discussion instead of making random posts.

Remember the geese

Yep, so we buy a young untested RB and only playing when Dalot moves to LB when the whole of our LB's are injured?

We need a LB more than a RB.

Anyway, you gave me one - give me a couple more because you gave me some random player with arguably enough potential ability to attract aston villa a CL team with a better manager than Ten Hag, younger than Dalot who is still only 24-25, playing RB only when all our LB's are injured because Dalot can switch to LB?

United is not attractive as it once was to just pick a youngster with potential & tell them to play a squad role in a position we have arguably one of our best players.

There's multiple reasons you see these young players going to clubs like West Ham, Brighton, Aston Villa etc - they can get game time and really progress their careers than playing second fiddle to someone in a decade sleeping old giant.

Wan Bissaka is good enough for a squad player.

I honestly think if there wasnt so much hype about Frimpong then we would hardly be talking about our RB position.

People have this dream of attracting Frimpong from a CL club with a crazy level manager in Xabi Alonso & if not then we just switch to find some completely untested player to sit on our bench and get game time only when Dalot is injured or playing LB when Dalot was our player of the year anyway.

Anyway, ive wasted my 5 posts talking about the same thing.

Do we have money to buy an attacking midfielder when we already have Bruno Fernandes this season? No i dont think so, same at RB. We can't waste money in a position we are decently stocked in.

People will miss Wan Bissaka at RB against the worlds best LW's anyway.

He is the only player in the world that could stop Messi if Messi was right footed 2 matches in a row.

The players he has stopped are insane in both quantity and quality. I could name you more players he has had in his bag than there is RB's available with the potential to be better than Dalot himself.
If I knew that your stance was that of making some impassioned defence of Wan-Bissaka, then I probably wouldn't have bothered. I wrongly thought that you were genuinely asking for right back options.

I agree that we need a left back. Shaw is unreliable. Though in my view, Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough for us either. His one great strength is his one vs one defending, as you referred to. Outside of that, he just doesn't give us enough.

John XII

Galatasaray wants to take both AWB and McT to turkey....Sir Jim wants at least 17m for AWB and same for McT.
Where have you heard this? Every time I speak to a Galatasary fan and tell them I'm United their first question is "why Mctominay?". I think he's ok but there would be uproar if they signed him.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think the discussion was more Kayode would prefer going to a club in the CL where he can be a starter than being a squad player at Man Utd. But I could be wrong, I just read the discussion instead of making random posts.
Ouch :lol:

ayushreddevil9

He's not even that bad. Why lose a player where we have no cover right now? I'm not saying he's a starter by the way but we need squad depth and he can do a job.
you clearly didn’t get what i posted earlier?

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

you wanted him sold. That’s all I needed to hear.
Yeah obviously when you are blindfolded to the fact that how huge of a downgrade it was when we played our backup players last season(we even had to change the way we play to accommodate these so called good players) then you will only pick up things that suit your argument.

Big teams have backups that can do the job but with a lower level of performance. They don’t keep backup players for which they have to change the way they play.

Rossa

My biggest gripe with Awb is his lack of ibtensity and lackadaisical tracking back. He looks unfit a lot of the time.

He’s often talked about as being very athletic, and he is extremely agile, but he’s not blisteringly fast or particularly strong or has a great leap. Brilliant sliding tackles that are great fun to watch, but I’d rather either a fullback with anticipation to mark the attacker out or one with acceleration to keep up. Preferably both traits.

He’s not as bad on the ball as many would argue though.

SSSSnake

Yeah obviously when you are blindfolded to the fact that how huge of a downgrade it was when we played our backup players last season(we even had to change the way we play to accommodate these so called good players) then you will only pick up things that suit your argument.

Big teams have backups that can do the job but with a lower level of performance. They don’t keep backup players for which they have to change the way they play.
The problem last year we didn’t have a settled back four and didn’t have a proper left back all year. We got far bigger problems to solve then RB. Realistically this summer we are going to sort those and get 4/5 players in.

We can’t just sell all the squad players just because they aren’t good enough. This will take time over several transfer windows once we sort the main positions out.

Spaghetti Bolognese

My biggest gripe with Awb is his lack of ibtensity and lackadaisical tracking back. He looks unfit a lot of the time.

He’s often talked about as being very athletic, and he is extremely agile, but he’s not blisteringly fast or particularly strong or has a great leap. Brilliant sliding tackles that are great fun to watch, but I’d rather either a fullback with anticipation to mark the attacker out or one with acceleration to keep up. Preferably both traits.

He’s not as bad on the ball as many would argue though.
He’s good on the ball until the final third. His decision making, crossing and shooting leave a lot to be desired.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We can’t just sell all the squad players just because they aren’t good enough. This will take time over several transfer windows once we sort the main positions out.
It's crazy that this needs to be regularly explained....... but here we are

AneRu

The problem last year we didn’t have a settled back four and didn’t have a proper left back all year. We got far bigger problems to solve then RB. Realistically this summer we are going to sort those and get 4/5 players in.

Added to the fact that selling him won't bring us anything sufficient to fund his replacement, he is not a starter and has his uses. It should be incumbent on the coaching staff to work on him and recover the player he once was who was a useful squad player to have around. Selling him just creates a gap we can't afford to fill and which, if not filled, will result in another disaster should Dalot get injured.

MrBrightside1989

No point in selling him for pennies to Turkey if he can perform a role in the squad. Better to lose him for free than to sell him for €8m and then have to spend £40m to replace him. Unless there is a youth player ready to be second choice right back, keep him and focus on other areas.

AneRu

No point in selling him for pennies to Turkey if he can perform a role in the squad. Better to lose him for free than to sell him for €8m and then have to spend £40m to replace him. Unless there is a youth player ready to be second choice right back, keep him and focus on other areas.
Ditto

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Why would we spend £40m to replace his back-up role in the squad? We should be capable of finding someone for £15m or so, who won't be as good a 1v1 defender but who is more suited to the style we want to play.

Personally, I'm fairly ambivalent towards selling him this window. Depends entirely on whether Ashworth/Wilcox/Vivell/ETH/etc believe a suitable player like I described above is available. I certainly don't think he's got a position here long-term, but it's not something that is desperately needed right now considering the other priorities throughout the squad.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This just seems incomprehensively dumb when we only have one other right back, who had to spend half of last season playing at left back so that Bissaka could play at right back, because we didn't have any left backs