Wan-Bissaka for sale

caid

If I was him I’d stay ant United for another year and then move on a free.

Same advice to Maguire, he has 1+1 year remaining. United have put themselves in a bad place after years of bad dealing, selling them or negotiating new contracts, they are going to get exploited either way.
I wouldn't turn down a contract offer if i was wan bisakka. Hanging around for a year, running down your contract, trying to avoid injuries isn't a great platform to sell yourself on. Look at Lingard. Look at De Gea. Better players than him have struggled and retired pretty early. Maguire is a better shout but he's had a few injuries this season, its gone under the radar a bit because others had more and longer lasting injuries. I'd worry more about where they're going than how much of their wage they'll keep in both cases.

didz

Even if we played him at RW, which we wouldn't, he'd instantly become our best attacking outlet for the RW position. 14 goals and 10 assists from Frimpong last season, how many of our wingers hit those numbers?
You can hardly blame sections of the fanbase for not being able to imagine us lining up with a genuine attacking threat in a (nominal) fullback position. Personally I'd love it.

Frimpong has played as a fullback, a wing back, and very occasionally as a winger, similar to Alejandro Balde at Barcelona but on the other side. I think some will have just seen him against France, where his job was to keep Theo Hernandez honest, and assumed he's an out and out winger now. If we were able to get in a quality RCB who was comfortable shuffling across, Frimpong would be class. We already have Shaw who can tuck in from left back to help give us a 3-man base for our rest defence in possession, and we could be getting another player there as well.

A while back, Romano reported that Frimpong has a release clause set at €40m that becomes active in July. So it could potentially be something doable if we got a decent fee for Wan-Bissaka. We won't get a decent fee off a Turkish club though.

Onerealunited

The mentioned price of 17m is too high for a Turkish club.

The real question is, if Galatasaray pays EUR 10m. Do we accept it and reinvest the money? Or do we reject the offer and use him for 1 more year as a backup and release him next year?

EUR 10m is not a lot of money, even though I believe we need to upgrade on him, we might be better of let him stay and focus on other areas of the team, unless we get an offer of EUR 20m+ from a PL club (given the PL and English player tax)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A 26 year old PL right back who is defensively superb in one on one situations should be worth around £15m at least. He has his flaws but is very well suited to certain systems.

ThanksBoss26

I think I’m right in saying he’s good mates with Zaha, so maybe he has done the sell on him to head out there. I read this morning that the contract is agreed. They’ve offered 7m EUR and we’ve asked for 15m EUR (no idea on the source though).
If it gets done I imagine they’ll compromise around the middle at 10-12m EUR.

I wouldn’t give him a new contract here but it does create a gap that will somehow need filling for us before the start of the season.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
He's an obvious sell for a couple of key reasons

1 - We should be focussed on creating a style of play - that involves a certain type of full back. Having 2 RBs that offer completely different things sounds positive but in reality it dilutes the work on creating a style of play - it's the same reason we've been so screwed last season - the back up players were not just significantly worse but they were stylistically completely different too. If Dalot is the type of RB we want, we should sell AWB and buy a back up Dalot regen so when Dalot is injured or rested, we don't have to completely change our style of play because the back up has no technical proficiency.

2 - PSR is a huge consideration this summer. AWBs value has already been written down to £0 in the balance sheet so we could sell him for say £20m and if we brought in a replacement for £40m but over 6 years, that is a net gain transaction under the PSR rules.

Todd

Unfortunately, the writing is already on the wall that Shaw isn't going to be fit for the new season, so it'd be very foolish to move AWB this summer.

Going into the new season with Dalot at LB and AWB at RB isn't ideal, but it also isn't debilitating.

Someone

Something
Don't know if it's a good time to sell AWB. Kinda thought that RB won't be an area of focus this summer. We're basically shopping for an entire back line at this rate.

caid

Don't know if it's a good time to sell AWB. Kinda thought that RB won't be an area of focus this summer. We're basically shopping for an entire back line at this rate.
I doubt there ever will be a good time. No one ever wants to spend a limited transfer budget on full backs, let alone back up full backs. He'd probably be gone a couple of years back if there were any offers.

WirralRed

Wonder if Kambwala will get some more game time as cover for Right back, he certainly has the pace.

Ibrahimorich

Only Man United would be stupid enough to sabotage ourselves, by selling a player from the only position on the pitch we have adequate resources in, for a pittance.

Absolute facepalm if we do this.

ColvaleGoa

Only Man United would be stupid enough to sabotage ourselves, by selling a player from the only position on the pitch we have adequate resources in, for a pittance.

Absolutely. Especially for the price quoted on some rags.

ROFLUTION

For 25-30m I’d say he’s great business for any club in Premier League outside top 7.

Strange we can’t sell him to a premier league club.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
For 25-30m I’d say he’s great business for any club in Premier League outside top 7.

Almost like no PL-club wants him?! Why cant we tell them he is actually quite good?

I were hoping for Palace. But it looks like they got a better fullback last season. They paid €8 mill for him.

MegadrivePerson

He seems like the sort of player that would be suited to Everton under Dyche. I'm sure they were playing the likes of Young and Coleman at right back last season, so they clearly need a younger player coming in.

Offering him to Everton as part of the Branthwaite deal would make sense.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our wages are probably a blocker.
90k? and apparently he agreed to less?

Edit:
Wan-Bissaka is believed to be on a current salary of £90,000 a week at Old Trafford – the wage packet agreed following his transfer from Crystal Palace in 2019. This new offer of €3.5 million a year would equate to a weekly salary of £57,000 a week.

led_scholes

Maybe no one from the PL is interested? Or maybe he prefers to play in CL and compete for titles rather than play for a yoyo club I'm PL.

caid

I really think people have a bizarre valuation thinking hes worth 25-30m. He was worth that when we bought him, the fee we paid was the usual desperation and stupidity. We've been trying to sell him for 2 years with no offers and are holding out for 15m. If there was a premier league club in the slightest bit interested we'd know about it by now.

RuudTom83

Depends how active United want to be...you would think for 15-18 million United would struggle to buy a replacement. Not impossible, but if you then add a new CB, LB, CM, CF to the shopping list you begin to wonder if it's worth the hassle.

RB for 24/25 season is currently not a problem with Dalot and AWB.

I'm not totally against selling AWB, it's just being realistic and weary finding a United a replacement without getting ripped off.

caid

Depends how active United want to be...you would think for 15-18 million United would struggle to buy a replacement. Not impossible, but if you then add a new CB, LB, CM, CF to the shopping list you begin to wonder if it's worth the hassle.

RB for 24/25 season is currently not a problem with Dalot and AWB.

I'm not totally against selling AWB, it's just being realistic and weary finding a United a replacement without getting ripped off.
It'll be easier to get a replacement for 15-18m than it'll be for nothing. Even for 15m i think we can do better than him.

LankyHoggie

I actually think AWB improved quite a lot on the ball, in the last two seasons.
I thought he’s done alright keeping the ball under pressure and dribbling out of tricky situations, he has a clumsy looking dribbling style but it sort of works.

Would Amass get more opportunities next season? Is Malacia alive?

Don’t really have an opinion on whether he should be sold or not, 10m does seem way too low.

Roboc7

I really think people have a bizarre valuation thinking hes worth 25-30m. He was worth that when we bought him, the fee we paid was the usual desperation and stupidity. We've been trying to sell him for 2 years with no offers and are holding out for 15m. If there was a premier league club in the slightest bit interested we'd know about it by now.
There clearly isn’t much of a market for him and anyone thinking we are getting a decent fee for him is living in a dream world. 24-30m would be in the top 10 most expensive fees paid for a RB in PL,
no one is paying that.

He isn’t a priority to get rid of but if someone is willing to pay a fee for him and club can get his wages of the books he may have to go. There are plenty of others who like AWB the club don’t want to keep but they won’t be able to sell or the finances won’t add up. May be a case of having to sell who you can as not all the players who are surplus to requirements can be allowed to run down their contracts.

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I doubt there ever will be a good time. No one ever wants to spend a limited transfer budget on full backs, let alone back up full backs. He'd probably be gone a couple of years back if there were any offers.
You have to wonder what the feck are they doing in the academy if they can't produce a fecking single back up full back.

GlazersHater

I know he hasnt improved since joining us but he's solid defending one on one, not suited for attacking or possession football but I'd think he wouldn't struggle to find interest from medium table teams in England or Italy.

I find strange he'd go to Turkey, I dont think he cant even get half the wages he gets here.

caid

You have to wonder what the feck are they doing in the academy if they can't produce a fecking single back up full back.
Didn't we just sell one to Benfica?
I'd concentrate on left back personally. Having a Wes Brown, John O'Shea type back up on the right would be fine for a season imo. I dont know who among our centre backs will be here next season and Maguire obviously isn't the right fit for the role. Kambwala might not be a bad shout. Worst case scenario i go down to the championship and gamble on a young player, 15m is a lot in that market.

RuudTom83

It'll be easier to get a replacement for 15-18m than it'll be for nothing. Even for 15m i think we can do better than him.
In isolation sure...but my post was more about can you do that and another 4-5 players.

My current views on United are that would be a No! so it's about picking a few fires and trying to put them out each window. RB isn't a big fire for me this summer.

Oranges038

He is not good enough. That's why he must be sold. Dreadful player really, one of the worst signings Utd have ever made.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Been impressed with him recently at RB

He's absolutely dreadful at LB

Do not sell

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think incomings are going to be more limited than people expect, were not flush with money and the hierarchy don't seem great at selling (based on this news). Hopefully others step in and push the price up a bit..... Otherwise an injury or 2 and this could potentially derail another season.

tomaldinho1

I’m not sure, I think £25m is very realistic for him but why would a club pay that now? Just wait a year and get him on a free. Everyone is being super cautious with money now, the free transfer is going to be more and more used by unhappy players.

I think we should offer him reduced terms, there’s no RB as good as him we can sign for under that amount. Should develop younger players and keep him for the squad, he seems quite an unassuming and non troubling player.

Nogho

Or maybe the plan is play Antony at RB :cool:
This, not a bad idea. Do really think that he could thrive here, especially against weaker teams.

Regarding AWB I do think we need a better footballer at this position. Dalot is ahead - better to have a young backup when he needs to rest.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Even most midtable teams want to play the ball around and look for players that are comfortable in possession these days. You basically have to hope for an old-school manager like Moyes that might be interested (the same reason West Ham was the only team interested in McTominay last season) or a team that's expecting to be fighting relegation and who just want to try to shut up shop as much as they can. But even a lot of the teams fighting relegation or who are promoting from the Championship want more quality on the ball at fullback, as it's become one of the absolute key positions in the modern game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even most midtable teams want to play the ball around and look for players that are comfortable in possession these days. You basically have to hope for an old-school manager like Moyes that might be interested (the same reason West Ham was the only team interested in McTominay last season) or a team that's expecting to be fighting relegation and who just want to try to shut up shop as much as they can. But even a lot of the teams fighting relegation or who are promoting from the Championship want more quality on the ball at fullback, as it's become one of the absolute key positions in the modern game.
AWB level of discomfort in possession is well over played, he is definitely good enough for most sides outside the top 7