Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely wonder if Maguire, Lindelof and AWB are mysteriously question marks because
A) they're being sold
B) they're pretending to have knocks so they don't get sold
C) genuinely injured

Seems a bit of a coincidence all three are doubts

I get the "send him to the reserves" posts. However, we don't have full-backs to save our lives as is. Shaw is doubtful and can get injured any moment, Malacia is still MIA. We can't put Lindelof on to left back, he is not good enough or injured. We've tried Amrabat over there, the same outcome. While he is a club asset, he will be utilized.

Surely this tells you we should have priorities a LB over a RB this summer? I find it perplexing with Malacia and Shaw still not fit this summer we are trying to shift out a RB and replace him with an injury prone RB. Makes no sense to me.

Genuinely wonder if Maguire, Lindelof and AWB are mysteriously question marks because
A) they're being sold
C) genuinely injured

Maguire is going nowhere

A) they're being sold
C) genuinely injured

A) Maguire is going nowhere
B) That's complete ballsocks, they can't be sold without their agreement, so why do they need to pretend they're injured
C) Maguire missed the EURO's thru injury, Lindelof has a back issues he's had for a longh time, AWB took a pretty good whack against the Scousers

The reports make no sense. Earns 4.6m a year. Has a year left yet supposedly wants a 7m pay out. Make it make sense ......

Negotiation for sign on fee once you're out of contract differs massively if your new employee has to pay 15m for your old club, or 0. If 0, you demand more since there will be many takers. Or at least more.

Its just an employee getting to grab a small slice of the huge transfer fees out there.

But, I am just guessing. Haven't talked to Wan-Bissaka since.. ever.

Surely this tells you we should have priorities a LB over a RB this summer? I find it perplexing with Malacia and Shaw still not fit this summer we are trying to shift out a RB and replace him with an injury prone RB. Makes no sense to me.

Apparently, Mazraoui is good to cover both LB and RB.

There is a clause in his contract that entitles him to half the transfer fee. We can terminate his contract and he'd get less money, but we get feck all.
That clause must be false how on earth would a club agree to give a player half of their transfer fee? Specially a player like Wan Bissaka.

That clause must be false how on earth would a club agree to give a player half of their transfer fee? Specially a player like Wan Bissaka.

You underestimate the people that were in charge before. Same people that gave 86 million for Antony, that extended contracts to players like Jones and Martial, spent the complete summer in Barcelona agreeing a fee with Barca for a player that did not want to come to United and said so publicly. Need I go on more?

We had a CEO that went on the record saying that Schweinstaiger will send opponents shivers down the spine once they will see him in the tunnel. That we can do things in the market that other clubs can dream of, and we've been paying for these statements ever since. Signed so many players that we were not able to sell them for peanuts at the end, Baily, Mata, Lingard, Martial.

Given the level of incompetence, and this is from what was made public, I'm not surprised if such clause was agreed into the contract.

This. Treat him like we treated Sancho, no coming near the training centre and stuff. Harsh, but needs to be done. Too many jokers in the club, happy to take a wage and do the bare minimum.
fecking hell you lot have lost it.... Treat him like Sancho because he {checks notes} didn't give up money to placate the redcafe mob?

Won't go anywhere .. Will end up on a free like most .. can't sell players there on silly wages

Things like this just make you wonder how people like Big Ed are able to fail upwards to such an incredible level. The guy did more damage to our club than anyone, did it for a decade and was hugely rewarded. It's baffling.

fecking hell you lot have lost it.... Treat him like Sancho because he {checks notes} didn't give up money to placate the redcafe mob?

I dont expect him to give up the money. But he is choosing not to leave the club, and just be happy to collect a wage, he needs to be sent to the reserves, to let him know that he is not welcome at the club. Also sends a message to the other jokers at our club that the days of freeloading are over.

Players refusing to leave is gonna directly affect our incomings(or lack thereof), and is gonna torpedo our coming season. We cant play nice anymore, most clubs dont.

I dont expect him to give up the money. But he is choosing not to leave the club, and just be happy to collect a wage, he needs to be sent to the reserves, to let him know that he is not welcome at the club. Also sends a message to the other jokers at our club that the days of freeloading are over.

Players refusing to leave is gonna directly affect our incomings(or lack thereof), and is gonna torpedo our coming season. We cant play nice anymore, most clubs dont.
He's not free loading. He turns up, trains, plays football. He's not a bad footballer by any stretch, just doesn't suit a progressive style. That's our fault in transfer selection, not his.

These types of posts suggesting he should be dropped to reserves because he is under contract and wants the money obligated to him is so weird. If we had a better sub RB we'd play him, but we don't.

No need to treat him unwelcome. For any player a club desires to sell completely. As a rule it should be made clear to them they face not being registered for ANY competition if they stay. 9/10 tines if they know there is no place tp stay and fight for they will jump ship. Thanks to professional pride and ambition. Its a fancyiful notion most have that loads of players would be prepared to just sit and take a pay check for a year plus never playing.

There is a clause in his contract that entitles him to half the transfer fee. We can terminate his contract and he'd get less money, but we get feck all.
Where did you get that information? As incompetent as the last lot were I don't see how they would put that in a contract for this guy, especially when paying £50m.

giphy.webp

Its weird reading through the replies trying to figure out the cryptic crap, they all seem really excited to sign AWB.

Where did you get that information? As incompetent as the last lot were I don't see how they would put that in a contract for this guy, especially when paying £50m.
This is the most detailed information regarding this but it has also been referenced by other generally reliable sources for United. It is where the AWB wants 7M news came from, it is not him being greedy, we stupidly put it in his contract.

This is the most detailed information regarding this but it has also been referenced by other generally reliable sources for United. It is where the AWB wants 7M news came from, it is not him being greedy, we stupidly put it in his contract.

Without the +1 year on the contract he would have left at the end of June for free, now there's an opportunity to either earn 7-8m or keep him for another year if the club values that higher.

How is that dumb?

Without the +1 year on the contract he would have left at the end of June for free, now there's an opportunity to either earn 7-8m or keep him for another year if the club values that higher.

How is that dumb?

I think what is surprising people is that the +1 came with a 50% cut of any transfer fee as there is no previous example of clubs giving out such generous clauses. If the contracts had a provision that we pay a loyalty bonus of 2.5M or something along those lines if we sell after triggering then that would be fairly reasonable but giving up 50% of any potential fee is wild.

I think what is surprising people is that the +1 came with a 50% cut of any transfer fee as there is no previous example of clubs giving out such generous clauses. If the contracts had a provision that we pay a loyalty bonus of 2.5M or something along those lines if we sell after triggering then that would be fairly reasonable but giving up 50% of any potential fee is wild.

Are there any other examples of people with these sorts of contracts getting sold, where we know what the player got in exchange? It's a pretty new phenomenon, and the reason we "know" about it is some podcaster. Without that leak, if it's real, the deal could have gone through without anyone knowing.

It's a really dumb clause from a player's perspective, so the compensation would have to be good. At least one club is apparently willing to pay at least 15m for Bissaka right now, you don't think he could have negotiated a signing fee for way more than 2.5 without a contract? It would be a really poor deal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.