Viktor Gyökeres - Sporting Striker

Hope we come knocking on the door in the summer and sell Hojlund.

You can rate Gyokere and not rate Hojlund, that's fine but what you're suggesting is silly and the crux of why people are debating against. If we do what you want and Gyokeres doesn't do well for us in his first season, what next?

To the Sesko thread:
"Hope we come knocking on the door in the summer and sell Gyokeres."

You can rate Gyokere and not rate Hojlund, that's fine but what you're suggesting is silly and the crux of why people are debating against. If we do what you want and Gyokeres doesn't do well for us in his first season, what next?

To the Sesko thread:
"Hope we come knocking on the door in the summer and sell Gyokeres."
So sell one gamble for another. Gyokeres career history tells us very little apart from his time at sporting. I don’t trust strikers from the Portuguese league; I think it’s easy to rack goals up. I’d be passing if it’s yet another striker from that league probably with an €80m price tag

Well Sir Alex brought Brian McClair in his first summer, but went and brought Mark Hughes in his second. I am not saying we should try a player every season season, but we should have a clear system in assessing our signings if they have worked in their first season or not, to a degree that we need to buy another. Now, have we not bought Zirkzee I would have kept Hojlund, but knowing we do not have the funds, we would need to sell Hojlund before buying another player. Another thing, I am not saying pay Sporting whatever they ask for, of course there should be a limit and we should not be stupid to pay insane money, but anything less than what we paid for Holjund should be ok.

Well Sir Alex brought Brian McClair in his first summer, but went and brought Mark Hughes in his second. I am not saying we should try a player every season season, but we should have a clear system in assessing our signings if they have worked in their first season or not, to a degree that we need to buy another. Now, have we not bought Zirkzee I would have kept Hojlund, but knowing we do not have the funds, we would need to sell Hojlund before buying another player. Another thing, I am not saying pay Sporting whatever they ask for, of course there should be a limit and we should not be stupid to pay insane money, but anything less than what we paid for Holjund should be ok.
Well Hojlund did fine in his first season so I’m sure we will stay as is

Again you've not said anything that isn't as 'silly' as your first post. What makes you think:
1) Zirkzee (after 3 games) is the one we should be keeping instead and will meet our needs in the future?
2) Sporting will take anything less than £65m?
3) INEOS will sell a raw 21 year old but talented and (to an extent a proven PL) striker to gamble that on a 26 year, who's only now finding his moment in a league known where strikers fill their boots?

Gyokeres may turn out to be a very good striker but the issue is that we already have a prospect on our hands and we probably don't have the funds to maneuver so recklessly. Selling Hojlund to go for Gyokeres is every bit as risky and a gamble. It just doesn't make sense.

You seem so sure of Hojlund's ceiling and ability, I assume you are fully expecting him to have a poor year? If he has a good one i.e than better last seasons goal tally and overall game improvements, will you come back to this thread in 8 months and admit you were just fanboying for your compatriot?

I dont mind buying striker every year like SAF always did. He bought Cantona when hes just bought Dublin (granted he was injured but the Glazers wouldve had asked SAF to wait til he got fit instead of buying a new striker), he tried to buy Shearer even when we had Cantona, Cole, Hughes, McClair, and he bought RvP when Rooney had just scored 27 goals in PL.

Rellying on 1 or 2 strikers feels like a Guardiola's thing BUT we arent trying to play Pep's football are we?