Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidic back in full training
Nemanja Vidic is back in full training with Manchester United and could return to first-team action within a fortnight. The United skipper has been out of action since late September after undergoing a meniscus operation on the same knee that saw him miss most of last season. Vidic has experienced no problems or setbacks since he began training with the United first-team squad and has impressed the club's medical staff with his progress. The 31-year-old defender was given an initial return date of late November, but Sir Alex Ferguson then revealed he did not expect his captain back until around Christmas. But Vidic is ahead of schedule in his rehab programme and eyeing a pre-Yuletide comeback to give United a huge boost for the second half of the season.

Rumour doing the rounds lately.

I don't particularly want to see him back against Cluj, I don't think. Whilst that may sound ridiculous, we don't want to rush him back again like we did at the start of the season.

Being 3 weeks ahead of schedule with this kind of injury is a bit optimistic I reckon. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he'll be fighting fit for the busy Christmas spell of matches.

I don't particularly want to see him back against Cluj, I don't think. Whilst that may sound ridiculous, we don't want to rush him back again like we did at the start of the season.

Being 3 weeks ahead of schedule with this kind of injury is a bit optimistic I reckon. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he'll be fighting fit for the busy Christmas spell of matches.

Definitely, and this time round we don't have to, because we have four fit CBs, and three of them at least are playing really well at the moment. So let's get him to peak fitness, and ease him back in as gently as possible.

Rushing him back would be madness. If it is based around having him available for City then even more so. Give him a bit of time and we'll hopefully have the real Vidic back.

The club really should hire some medical professionals to help the manager make a decision about when to play him.

Sir Alex Ferguson: ‎"Vidic has started training which is good news. I wouldn't be adverse to playing him on Wednesday [v Cluj]."
Wait wasn't vidic meant to be out until after christmas last we heard. Good news if he will be back sooner, but it makes me think our medical teams isn't exactly sure on what to do with him. Though I can see him forcing himself back early as he doesn't look the sort to want to listen to someone telling him he can't play if he thinks he can.

I really hope he isn't being rushed back, and that he has started training again because all is ok.

This can't be true - it is against the rules for Manchester United to have all five senior centre-backs fit at the same time; madness to suggest otherwise.

I agree with the cautious approach - the City game would be too much too soon I think, so give him until after that as we'll need everyone for the Xmas period.

Wait wasn't vidic meant to be out until after christmas last we heard. Good news if he will be back sooner, but it makes me think our medical teams isn't exactly sure on what to do with him. Though I can see him forcing himself back early as he doesn't look the sort to want to listen to someone telling him he can't play if he thinks he can.
His return is a couple of weeks earlier than expected as Fergie said it would be around Christmas. With Smalling and Jones back in squad I doubt they will rush him back, well I hope they don't as we are not desperate for cover at the moment.
"With Kagawa, it's easy to assess that one whereas with Vidic it's a bit more difficult," the boss told MUTV. "Maybe around Christmas time.

"I think Kagawa should be available in four weeks' time but Vidic I think we're talking about December, maybe around Christmas time."

Rushing him back would be madness. If it is based around having him available for City then even more so. Give him a bit of time and we'll hopefully have the real Vidic back.

I'm with you on this as well. Even IF we had him back for the Derby on the 9th he wouldn't be as sharp. A Derby in December won't decide the title, it's the one in April we'll need him fully fit for.

His return is a couple of weeks earlier than expected as Fergie said it would be around Christmas. With Smalling and Jones back in squad I doubt they will rush him back, well I hope they don't as we are not desperate for cover at the moment.
Ah fair enough then. I agree I don't want him rushed back. If he misses a few extra games as a precaution so be it. No point brining him back early just to have him out again.

Personally I wouldn't want to see him against City on the 9th. Just back from injury he isn't likely to be as sharp as normal and that could cost us in that game

I only hope that we don't rush him coming back before he's ready, especially now that we have 4 center backs fit.

Give him time, and when he returns we will be much better in defense.

Ah fair enough then. I agree I don't want him rushed back. If he misses a few extra games as a precaution so be it. No point brining him back early just to have him out again.

Personally I wouldn't want to see him against City on the 9th. Just back from injury he isn't likely to be as sharp as normal and that could cost us in that game

I think he will return around Christmas time, we are playing three games between boxing day and new years so we will need to give our CB a rest.

You'd have to assume he isn't being rushed back and has genuinely made a quick recovery. The Cluj game would be an excellent opportunity to ease him back.

Echo the sentiments of not rushing him. To be honest, he may, or should, in my view - struggle to get back in the team, especially at anything below his best.

Great news. Im sick of United getting bullied by big men. Really sick of every feckin cross causing all sorts of problems. United haven't been like this since 2005.

Vidic is so good in the air he basically nullifies any aerial threat from the West Ham's, Stoke's and Newcastle's of the world.

He's the best I've seen.

Was just announced on Newstalk Radio in Ireland that he's captaining the team tomorrow night. Bit surprised to see him back, but I suppose he's better starting and can come off if needed.

Wonder who'll lose out. I can see Evans starting with Vidic tomorrow giving Rio a rest and then maybe Rio and Vidic on Sunday. Thoughts?

I hope Vidic isn't being rushed back for the city game. I know we have issues at the back, and I just hope that Fergie hasn't made a knee-jerk reaction to it.

If however he is fit, then great news!

I think due to rushing him pack previously, things will be done different this time (at least I hope so). We have six fit defenders at the moment (not including youth players). Regardless of our current defensive woes, we have the numbers to not need to rush someone back who isn't going to be 100% for a good number of weeks yet.

The Cluj game is perfect for him to get 60-70 minutes and then be left out of the City game. We should just play Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Buttner (and bring on Wootton) against Cluj, then give the back four of Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, and Evra another go. The one thing that back line has is a bit of consistency even if performance hasn't been great. If they can't gear themselves up for Man City away then the changes and a real kick up the backside should come into play.

I hope Vidic is more of a bit-part player for a little while yet. An hour or so against Cluj as I said, then maybe the same against Sunderland at home (they can barely score a goal anyway). Take it slow and make sure he's fully ready for the Champions League games come February. We usually hit our best form over Christmas and the turn of the year, so I don't think there will be a need to rush it.

Edit: Scratch the Cluj game. A little disappointing but seems like he'll need a couple of reserve games instead of a game like that.

Disappointing that he's not ready yet but we've got plenty of games left this season. Even missing City doesn't worry me much. Just get him right.

There were lots of pics with him training with the squad. While he may not be ready this week - which could be a blessing in that Fergie doesn't try to use a not match fit/sharp Vida in the derby - it's great to know that he is close to being back.

There were lots of pics with him training with the squad. While he may not be ready this week - which could be a blessing in that Fergie doesn't try to use a not match fit/sharp Vida in the derby - it's great to know that he is close to being back.

As the lads said, I'd much prefer to see him eased back gently into the squad, with a few reserve games and maybe one or two off the bench.

The last thing we need to do now is jeapordise our best defender and one of our MVP's!

I think he is needed in our current defence and will bring much needed stability. Having said that i would get him to play in the reserves and pencil him in for a substitute role during the christmas fixtures.

Yes, he really is training.

157518686-nemanja-vidic-of-manchester-united-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

157518687-nemanja-vidic-of-manchester-united-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.