Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Not a fan from what I’ve seen. Seems heavily reliant on service. All his goals are headers or 6 yard tap-ins from byline cut backs.

Would expect more for the money being quoted.

Pace. Strength. Works hard. Good with his back to goal. Stays high up the pitch occupying centre backs on his own. Runs channels. Constant threat in behind. Good in the air. Only 23. Already a 1 in 2 striker.

A central striker centre backs don’t want to play against - who won’t just play in front of them and will move them across the pitch running towards their own goal. Who can actually shield the ball if we go direct to beat aggressive presses. He’d be an outstanding signing.

Reactions: Fortitude
100m for a player who’s never scored 15 in any league.

Pass.

14 goals from open play in 27 games last season, that's very good.

He would've likely hit more than 15 if he was available for the rest of the games.

Pace. Strength. Good with his back to goal. Stays high up the pitch occupying centre backs on his own. Runs channels. Constant threat in behind. Good in the air. Only 23. Already a 1 in 2 striker.

A central striker centre backs don’t want to play against - who won’t just play in front of them and will move them across the pitch running towards their own goal. Who can actually shield the ball if we go direct to beat aggressive presses.

Positivity in this thread was needed because most think he's a waste of money

We definitely need someone like him when we’re still so bad at playing through the press and Ten Hag likes to mix in direct football anyway. Well worth paying a fortune to close that gap for years to come.

We definitely need someone like him when we’re still so bad at playing out from the press and Ten Hag likes to mix in direct football anyway. Well worth paying a fortune to close that gap for years to come.

Yeah replacing Ronaldo with him might cost us but right now we need a central striker even more than a left footed RW

He’s a bloody striker and a fairly good one, we are in no position to judge.

Pace. Strength. Works hard. Good with his back to goal. Stays high up the pitch occupying centre backs on his own. Runs channels. Constant threat in behind. Good in the air. Only 23. Already a 1 in 2 striker.

A central striker centre backs don’t want to play against - who won’t just play in front of them and will move them across the pitch running towards their own goal. Who can actually shield the ball if we go direct to beat aggressive presses. He’d be an outstanding signing.

Great points. He will work like a charm in the PL especially for someone like Bruno. His finishing needs work but his other attributes make him a great option

He's the best striker the club have been linked with for me. Very traditional poacher something the club have lacked probably since RVP.

I think he would be good. Think he is a top ten in the world out and out striker. The money is nuts but if some deal with Ronaldo could be spun it could be fantastic business.

He'd be our answer to nunez and haaland. But it wont happen. Glazers wont pay out for him.

Why? I haven’t watched him much.
I don't think we are good enough to play without a striker that isn't at least very decent with his back to goal and bringing others into play.
If we could find a striker with similar qualities to Martial but better, we would be golden.

He does have a lot of space in those videos. I can see the Vardy comparison, who was a fantastic striker, but I only see them work to their full potential in a counter attacking side relying on fast transitions

I don't think we are good enough to play without a striker that isn't at least very decent with his back to goal and bringing others into play.
If we could find a striker with similar qualities to Martial but better, we would be golden.
Morata would be the right kind of striker, I think. If he was more clinical and ideally also a bit younger

From what I've seen of him, he has far, far better touch and technique than Lukaku. Better in the air as well.
Lukakus touch wouldn't have been that huge an issue for me if he was actually good at scoring headers. As it was he was good at one thing - racing through on goal one on one. He is excellent at that. But most of our games we have a team playing deep and letting us have the ball.

Napoli have a club president who likes to routinely cut his nose off to spite his face. Remember when he was receiving astronomical offers for Koulibaly and he was demanding £100m? He makes Levy look reasonable.

It's a no go unless Osimhen actually goes on strike to force a move.

He does have a lot of space in those videos. I can see the Vardy comparison, who was a fantastic striker, but I only see them work to their full potential in a counter attacking side relying on fast transitions
That seems to be the way we will go to me. With a good defensive midfielder and more know how in coaching a high or mid press it could be very effective

I agree about Schick but Dembele is not better. Is less mobile, less pacy and athletic, only better in around the penalty area but his stats arent that much better either.

League stats for last season
Moussa Dembele 25 goal contributions in 30 games
Patrick Shick 27 goal contributions in 27 games
Victor Osimhen 16 goal contributions in 27 games

You feel that Dembele's states aren't much better? Are you looking at number of hair cuts a week?

Napoli have a club president who likes to routinely cut his nose off to spite his face. Remember when he was receiving astronomical offers for Koulibaly and he was demanding £100m? He makes Levy look reasonable.

He said before the transfer window he loves Man Utd and wants to play for them.

He really reminds me of Didier Drogba in terms of having very similar attributes to him.

Drogba was also a 1 in 2 kind of striker. But man he would scare the shit out of defences.

If Ronaldo leaves, then hope we get him in as the replacement. But I really hope it’s a loan deal with obligation to buy because we also need to sign Antony for the RW.

Yeah would only happen if Ronaldo is open

Of the possible striker options I've seen enough of to have an opinion on, he's the one I'd like the most (price tag aside). Young, tall, strong, fast, presses well and is very dangerous in the box. As long as you don't expect your CF to get overly involved in general play I haven't seen anything to put me off.

Stats-wise last season he was 92nd percentile for non-penalty goals, 91st for non-penalty xG, 91st for tackles in the attacking third and 84th for pressures in the final third. To put that goalscoring rate into context, here's a comparison with two other players you'd know in terms of their non-penalty goals per 90 in the Serie A:

Osimhen: 0.57, 0.64
Lukaku: 0.51, 0.56
Ronaldo: 0.54, 0.59, 0.74.

And in terms of what I said about him being dangerous in the box, the below showing where he gets his goals/chances is telling:

FMsgWLzXEAEsdIA
Good post