Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

He's arguably going backwards from a sporting POV if he joins Bayern, in fact, he is. Napoli and Italian league are similar competitiveness but I'd say more of a demand because of the culture and it's Napoli, not a traditional (front running club) a la Milan club or Juve. Napoli have been impressive in recent years and he's a big part of breaking through the Juve and Milan club stranglehold. So going to Bayern from a sporting POV is at very best, a lateral move but backwards in my opinion. He wants to 'prove' himself at Germany, but goes to the club that has won 10 consecutive leagues. Right, right. The best CF in Italy will go into the best club in Germany in a league that isn't as physical compared to what Osimhen is physically.

The shit journos are sharing is too easy to see through.

However, if he's taking into account his partner and their family and the comforts and familarity of Germany, fair play. But Napoli won't stop using PL clubs as a hype machine and to get as much money from Bayern. The overall transfer will be north of 120M Euros for player transfer fee and related agent fees. He should probably be the highest wage earner at Bayern, and we're not sure how that will go down at the club, since this is the same club that didn't value Kroos and let him leave for Real.

de Ligt was initially signed for 67M to 77M Euros, so while Bayern have recently shown to pay up, this is a whole new kettle of fish. And Bayern cannot claim they find it hard to compete in the transfer window for top players against English clubs or a select others. Nope, not having it.

With Osimhen in his 24/25 year old season, he's got at least one more big contract after Bayern.

While he'll be good for any team he signs for after Napoli, I'm convinced United can find a better fitting player who can be a very good goal scorer as in 15+ in the league and 5+ in Europe, but still contribute overall to support Rashford and Antony and the other players at United, while not costing as much as Osimhen.

So who is this better fitting player then?

He's arguably going backwards from a sporting POV if he joins Bayern, in fact, he is. Napoli and Italian league are similar competitiveness but I'd say more of a demand because of the culture and it's Napoli, not a traditional (front running club) a la Milan club or Juve. Napoli have been impressive in recent years and he's a big part of breaking through the Juve and Milan club stranglehold. So going to Bayern from a sporting POV is at very best, a lateral move but backwards in my opinion. He wants to 'prove' himself at Germany, but goes to the club that has won 10 consecutive leagues. Right, right. The best CF in Italy will go into the best club in Germany in a league that isn't as physical compared to what Osimhen is physically.
How is a transfer from Napoli to Bayern a (sporting) step backwards? What metric besides sentimentality do you use for that?
Bayern is plainly the "bigger" club and he would earn more as well as have a better chance of the CL - this year excluded.

How is a transfer from Napoli to Bayern a (sporting) step backwards? What metric besides sentimentality do you use for that?
Bayern is plainly the "bigger" club and he would earn more as well as have a better chance of the CL - this year excluded.

:lol:

Napoli to Bayern is a sporting step backwards according to him :lol:

Bayern are European giants. It would absolutely be a massive step forward, but I still don't understand why he would go there to play in Bundesliga. Playing against the likes of Bochum and Augsburg on a weekly basis and only really looking forward to the CL matches, I can't imagine that would tempt him more than Premier League, especially when you got several clubs there drooling over him, willing to pay an even higher salary than Bayern München would. He's Nigerian as well, and Premier League (and especially United) are absolutely massive there. I just can't see him going to Bayern if we're interested.

Bayern are European giants. It would absolutely be a massive step forward, but I still don't understand why he would go there to play in Bundesliga. Playing against the likes of Bochum and Augsburg on a weekly basis and only really looking forward to the CL matches, I can't imagine that would tempt him more than Premier League, especially when you got several clubs there drooling over him, willing to pay an even higher salary than Bayern München would. He's Nigerian as well, and Premier League (and especially United) are absolutely massive there. I just can't see him going to Bayern if we're interested.
Bochum and Augsburgh are not giants like Nottingham Forrest or Bournemouth, but the fact that he is supposedly considering the Bundeliga is probably also due to the fact that he has already gained experience there and that his girlfriend is from Germany and her family lives there.

Edit: I don't see Bayern paying what Napoli asks for, but I believe that Osimhen would consider Bayern.

I'm looking at it from the competitive standpoint where currently his team is an outsider in Italy and have toppled the Milan clubs and Juve.

He has nothing to prove going to Bayern as it'll be a cake walk going into a club that has won the league 10 consecutive years.

And you just said he'd have a better chance at Bayern than Napoli for CL? Not this year and not in the near future if he were to stay at Napoli. No club is guaranteed CL success, and that includes Bayern.

:lol:

Napoli to Bayern is a sporting step backwards according to him :lol:

Yes the club is bigger, but overall league he'll just walk over the league as he steps into the best team in the league who has won the league the past 10 straight years. Fact is, Bayern are struggling this year and don't have as good players for once while having some competitive teams. I'm talking about the league and him testing himself in the Bundesliga...he has nothing to prove there as a Bayern player.

So who is this better fitting player then?

Better fitting players with potentially lower cost could be a Muani, Watkins, or some other player I'm sure is of requisite ability but I'm not as familiar with the names across Europe or South America. The way Martial plays with Rashford and how Rashford is used now doesn't entirely suit how Oshimen plays, that is very clear.

A team that plays to his strengths and hides his weaknesses,plus guarantee trophies and champions league.
What's there not to like ?

All this talk about Bayern I don't think they're really in the race. They get great players but rarely pay huge transfers.

I know reports are saying Osimenh will be available for 100M which seems a sum Bayern would be willing to pay. But I doubt that's the real number, I mean there are very few good strikers why would, specially, Napoli sell for only 100M?

There are at least 4-5 big teams interested in him. I think the number would be closer to 130M which then I don't see Bayern paying.

Let's take into account Napoli paid 75M for him 3 years ago and he still haves a contract until 2025 so they're not really forced to move him unless paid a big sum.

I only see him moving to the premier league because of this.

All this talk about Bayern I don't think they're really in the race. They get great players but rarely pay huge transfers.

I know reports are saying Osimenh will be available for 100M which seems a sum Bayern would be willing to pay. But I doubt that's the real number, I mean there are very few good strikers why would, specially, Napoli sell for only 100M?

There are at least 4-5 big teams interested in him. I think the number would be closer to 130M which then I don't see Bayern paying.

Let's take into account Napoli paid 75M for him 3 years ago and he still haves a contract until 2025 so they're not really forced to move him unless paid a big sum.

I only see him moving to the premier league because of this.
I would normally 100% agree with you. But Osimhen has ties to Germany. Does Napoli refuse to sell to Bayern for €100m if Osimhen says "only Bayern"?

I would normally 100% agree with you. But Osimhen has ties to Germany. Does Napoli refuse to sell to Bayern for €100m if Osimhen says "only Bayern"?

Even if he says only Bayern, they won't sell him for 100 million.

I think so, I don't see why Napoli would sell at a cut price just to give Osimhen his dream move or something.

Tonight is a night where he has to show up. This is the sort of stage and situation that makes a player.

Been bang on average in these 2 matches against Milan. Makes me think he doesn't have that big match gene.

Been bang on average in these 2 matches against Milan. Makes me think he doesn't have that big match gene.

I didn't watch the first match but he's been feeding off scraps in this one. They can't get the ball to him.

Seems a pretty dumb thing to think based on two games. That's not how football works.

Edit: actually I just thought this post was really stupid, but it might have been an actual joke.

Last edited:

Huge sample size.

For what its worth, I don't think he's fit really. He'd been missing for a couple of weeks now? But desperate times call for desperate measures. Not to mention, the team have been really poor and not created much if anything at all.

Come to think of it, he didn't even play in the first leg did he?

Well that’s a post based on nothing seeing as he didn’t even play the 1st leg nor the 4-0 defeat in the league

And you just said he'd have a better chance at Bayern than Napoli for CL? Not this year and not in the near future if he were to stay at Napoli. No club is guaranteed CL success, and that includes Bayern.
Well, Milan was too much for Napoli.

He's not fully fit and good finish per usual when he gets service....but opinion still stands that he's a traditional CF who needs consistent service to score goals and isn't going to create his own space or bring others into play as much. He's the final product guy and United have seemingly done that with Marcus. So there needs to be a better balance of a player who can score double figures in the league yet contribute going forward on the ball and still have a good work rate off the ball defensively and offensively.

A fit Martial would be better than Osimhen for United, but a fit Martial isn't possible anymore. Sad but true and signing a reliable CF who can give both goals and overall team functionality outside of the counting stat of goals is what I think EtH is working towards.

Personally, I think I'm leaning toward getting another striker. He's a great striker, but is he really that good? There are no guarantees that he would be a success in Premier League either, so it's a very expensive risk to say the least. For €150m, we should be looking at getting prime Suarez, Aguero, Benzema, Lewandowski etc, not Osimhen who is entirely reliant on service to score goals. Like @edcunited1878 said above, a fit Martial would be a greater fit for the team, despite scoring less goals.
Would Ferguson, for instance, really be doing a lot worse than Osimhen for us if we got him instead?

He's not fully fit and good finish per usual when he gets service....but opinion still stands that he's a traditional CF who needs consistent service to score goals and isn't going to create his own space or bring others into play as much. He's the final product guy and United have seemingly done that with Marcus. So there needs to be a better balance of a player who can score double figures in the league yet contribute going forward on the ball and still have a good work rate off the ball defensively and offensively.

A fit Martial would be better than Osimhen for United, but a fit Martial isn't possible anymore. Sad but true and signing a reliable CF who can give both goals and overall team functionality outside of the counting stat of goals is what I think EtH is working towards.
No such player exist bro

Disagree massively.

His hold up and bringing players in is decent enough and having someone like Bruno, Eriksen and Antony (similar to what kharva was doing today, cutting in and whipping a cross in) playing crosses into.the box like today would give us so many more goals than we currently have. We have no one who occupies or hits the box, Rashford still proves that's not his forte and Martial is no different.

Disagree massively.

His hold up and bringing players in is decent enough and having someone like Bruno, Eriksen and Antony (similar to what kharva was doing today, cutting in and whipping a cross in) playing crosses into.the box like today would give us so many more goals than we currently have. We have no one who occupies or hits the box, Rashford still proves that's not his forte and Martial is no different.

Do we really wanna play like that, though? :lol: Endless crossing reminds me of... I don't even wanna say it.

Do we really wanna play like that, though? :lol: Endless crossing reminds me of... I don't even wanna say it.
It's pretty much the only option if a team decides to double up on your winger and camp in their box! He scores all types of goals, but for me it's all about finding profiles we're missing from our current side, that would be effective.

If you look how Calabria and who ever played on the wing doubled up on Kharva, if that happens with Rashford, what use is Martial in those scenarios?

You need to mix thing up still.

This game the issue with Napoli is that they tried to play cute, pass through Milan. Barely cross the ball all game, and Osinhem still be able to score. Even Pep Barcelona could be frustrated with a compact low block.

ETH Ajax is not avert to crossing, playing direct. Haller is more a poacher than a play making forward. There is nothing wrong with crossing. SAF teams are well known for wing play. The issue is the extreme version where Moyes is clueless about variation of attack, and just cross the ball for the sake of it.

It's pretty much the only option if a team decides to double up on your winger and camp in their box! He scores all types of goals, but for me it's all about finding profiles we're missing from our current side, that would be effective.

If you look how Calabria and who ever played on the wing doubled up on Kharva, if that happens with Rashford, what use is Martial in those scenarios?

Martial excels in link-up play and will do it with Eriksen, Antony and Bruno if Rashford is doubled up on. That's the beauty with Martial. His effective one-twos, close control, strength and hold-up play can easily carve a defense open in a split second. Osimhen, on the other hand, does not have his close control or quick feet and will instead camp in their box waiting for a cross. We would absolutely have more goals with him in the team this season, but is it worth €150m than another striker who could be just as efficient, but also better in other areas?