Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Laughable selfish bad second half from him. Not sure what got into him. Tried the shoot first, poacher approach and doesn't look good :lol:

He’s an absolute goal machine. Would be great if we pursue him rather than Kane.
Not convinced he would do it in the PL. Just watched this game
Lukaka vibes from this one... Never seems totally in control of the ball.
Agreed about control.

He came off injured, terrible man management he was still on the pitch that late in the game with the team up by two.

Not convinced he would do it in the PL. Just watched this game

Agreed about control.

He came off injured, terrible man management he was still on the pitch that late in the game with the team up by two.

What doesn’t convince you?

I’ve heard the CAF experts who wanted Cody Gakpo and thought €100m on Antony was worth it are the ones saying €150m Osimhen will be a success in the PL. Don’t ask me to provide any evidence of this though as I just made it up.

I'm not sure if you are asking for evidence, or what with your comment. Anthony will still come good because he is a possession-based player. Gakpo I wanted and still would take as he is a creative wide player that would have given us something different. Don't think he suits the style of Pool though.

I get strong Darwin Nunez vibes from him. I imagine Nunez would look just as good against Serie A's crap defending.

But I'm not a galaxy-brained player evaluation genius like everyone else on this forum, so feel free to ridicule me.

I get strong Darwin Nunez vibes from him. I imagine Nunez would look just as good against Serie A's crap defending.

But I'm not a galaxy-brained player evaluation genius like everyone else on this forum, so feel free to ridicule me.

Nah he's got much more technique inside the box than Nunez, better pure finisher. Both sort of have a "bull in a china shop" style to their play but Nunez problem is that he's hit and hope in front of goal so he can't make up for how poor he is technically. Osimhen doesn't have the same issues, and quite frankly he's elite in the air which really helps as well.

If we had Nunez we’d probably be top of the league.

There's no way we will splash that much money on him, surely they will ask at least for 120M. No way we pay that. He's priced himself out. Kane for 60-80million should be still as good as Casemiro for three top seasons. Van Persie-esque impact at the very least..

Osimhen would be a great system player and with great potential but might take a while to get to that level if he ever reached that in a highly competitive and superfast PL. Tha money would be quite risky..

I thought he was the best striker option last summer. With the season he's having now...

I just hope he at least doesn't end up at another PL team.

If we had Nunez we’d probably be top of the league.
Same thought. As bad as Nunez finishing, final ball has been. He can stretch play, and occupy defenders.

We have been harmstrung in different aspect with our lack (unavailable/not up to task) of a natural no 9. The little amount Nunez has scored is pretty same amount we got from Martial, Weghorst and Ronaldo combine at this point in season (10 goals in all competitions). So it would have been an upgrade over the ever downgrade trend we're facing.

Nunez looks pretty great against PL defences too, it's finishing that's the problem

7th straight match with a goal. Can he beat Batistuta's record?

FpP6iayWIAE2Pvp

So he's basically like a clinical Nunez?

Nope, watch the highlights of the Napoli vs Sassuolo game on youtube - Osimhen fluffs two really simple chances.

I'm getting the Nunez comparisons - good athlete but seemingly not always in control of the ball and his finishing seems to randomly veer from good to wild.

I really think Rashford is a better CF than him now.

Will be interesting to see how he manages against Frankfurt.

Nope, watch the highlights of the Napoli vs Sassuolo game on youtube - Osimhen fluffs two really simple chances.

I really think Rashford is a better CF than him now.

I get the Nunez comparisons - good athlete but seemingly not always in control of the ball and his finishing seems to randomly veer from good to wild.

Rashford isn’t a better CF look at the variety of finishes Osimhen has and his movement and ariel ability is levels above Rashfords.

They compliment each other well though. If we signed Osimhen Rashford would get a lot more space to work his magic.

Rashford isn’t a better CF look at the variety of finishes Osihmen has and his movement and ariel ability is levels above Rashfords.

I'll need to see a bit more of him to judge on the movement, but Rashford's recent headed goals have been superb.

I'll need to see a bit more of him to judge on the movement, but Rashford's recent headed goals have been superb.
A couple of recent headed goals doesn’t get you near Osimhen who has a leap and hangtime that can match Ronaldos

I think it was the season they won LaLiga very comfortably (maybe 100 points) but lost to Bayern 7-0 on aggregate.
Ah, truly peak Messi. The word 'unbelievable' is used a lot, but 21 in a row is quite ridiculous. Almost as if they edited the graphic for comic effect! :lol: What a player!

Going to find the CL game vs Eintract Frankfurt very interesting. 2 strikers we need to see their CL performances a bit before buying.

Lukaku vibes from this one... Never seems totally in control of the ball.

They have very little else in common though.

Osimhen is far more of a livewire than Lukaku ever was. More movement, more press, more throwing himself about, more aerial presence too. Lukaku’s touch wouldn’t be such a problem if he was a more mobile striker with great movement. But due to his large frame he lacked the stamina. He had acceleration and top speed but he had to use it sparingly or get gassed. He used to stand around a lot. Osimhen cannot bulldoze his way through players like Lukaku, but he is a lot more agile and is more alert and quick in the box. He is an excellent poacher of goals.

What doesn’t convince you?
The inability to hold the ball and control it close to him, his dribbling is good but it’s lack of control and distance is worrying. A PL defender is more likely to close it down.

Also he came off with an injury, no idea why his manager would keep him on while up by 2