US Politics

Jesus Christ! I've heard of slipping roofies in a drink, the fat bastard a step ahead in the game.

It goes to show that this is a wide spread problem in multiple establishments country wide.
You have to wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes.

the common theme with these Republicans is to accuse Dr. Ford of not bringing up her accusation then.

Its always the fault of the woman. That is the modern Republican party.

They are doing to this country what they think is Ok to do to a woman.

the common theme with these Republicans is to accuse Dr. Ford of not bringing up her accusation then.

Its always the fault of the woman. That is the modern Republican party.

They are doing to this country what they think is Ok to do to a woman.

Yep But completely ignore that their very response is why women don't come forward.

GOP are setting themselves up for a disaster if they treat this woman poorly, it's incredibly dumb not to pull the plug on kavanaugh.

GOP are setting themselves up for a disaster if they treat this woman poorly, it's incredibly dumb not to pull the plug on kavanaugh.

Disaster either way. If she seems credible then they will be under immense pressure to pull the nomination. If he manages to get approved then the GOP will have to deal with greater voter enthusiasm among Dem women going into the mid terms, as well as the spectacle of having two deviants on the court (Kavanuagh and Thomas). Lose lose situation for them.

You can bet your life that Trump has already sounded Kavanaugh out about 'loyalty' to the President. I've no doubt such conversations have taken place. Bunch of utter, shameless crooks.

Disaster either way. If she seems credible then they will be under immense pressure to pull the nomination. If he manages to get approved then the GOP will have to deal with greater voter enthusiasm among Dem women going into the mid terms, as well as the spectacle of having two deviants on the court (Kavanuagh and Thomas). Lose lose situation for them.

I hope she can have her way of having the senators question her.

I think it is a bit strange that some names that Dr. Ford said to be in that party said they don't remember anything about the party or even attended to it? I am not saying she lied.

It is just that it does not look very good for her cause. Or those names are some republican hardcore supporters or something.

I think it is a bit strange that some names that Dr. Ford said to be in that party said they don't remember anything about the party or even attended to it? I am not saying she lied.

It is just that it does not look very good for her cause. Or those names are some republican hardcore supporters or something.
Ford hasn't named any witnesses at the party apart from Judge.

How are there women who can support the GOP? Like honestly, do they care that much about white supremacy/immigrants etc etc that they’re willing to back a party that seems to regard women as second class citizens? The mind boggles.

So basically a group of exclusively old men are going to appoint a 2nd judge accused of sexual assault to a body principally so he will vote against the legality of a major issue in women's health.

The GOP is amazing.

How are there women who can support the GOP? Like honestly, do they care that much about white supremacy/immigrants etc etc that they’re willing to back a party that seems to regard women as second class citizens? The mind boggles.
Also some republican women in one of those CNN's interview said boys do it all the time like they think it is ok and normal and don't need to speak out about it. Then kept on saying how Ford is destroying someone's family etc like it is the victim's fault.

Well, we will have to wait and see if the accusation is true first of course. What is depressing is though we may never know about the truth with the way it is going right now.

This may not be in the bag for the Republicans as stated by McConnell.
Collins says there are 6 or 7 that are still undecided.
This is republican party though. Not that Dem would do better of course. Once in a life time chance, they will take it.

I hope a handful of senators will actually want to do what is right.
I think they will need at least 2 votes saying no plus all Dems?

It is really hard to do it. Like I said, it is republican party.

Just being curious though that let's say if this guy gets pulled out, is there a better candidate for the left? It would still be another battle if they nominate another right wing nut job later on.

I think they will need at least 2 votes saying no plus all Dems?

It is really hard to do it. Like I said, it is republican party.

Just being curious though that let's say if this guy gets pulled out, is there a better candidate for the left? It would still be another battle if they nominate another right wing nut job later on.

It is Trump who nominates. I wont hold my breath. But this guy is a rubber stamp clearly.

It’s a bit like a news segment from a while back where they interviewed a die hard Trump supporter who suffered from black lung and was only alive because of Obamacare as his medical bills ran in the 1000’s a week. He still voted Trump even though one of his campaign promises were to repeal the very arrangement that kept the guy alive.

"there was no intercourse"

Attempted rape is fine, college boys, just so long as you don't manage to do the deed.

All of those nutters would sing a different tune if it happened to themselves, or a daughter, or a close friend. But when it comes to politics let's discredit and stay o̶b̶e̶d̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ loyal to the party.

All of those nutters would sing a different tune if it happened to themselves, or a daughter, or a close friend. But when it comes to politics let's discredit and stay o̶b̶e̶d̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ loyal to the party.

Or a Dem was the accused.