Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lvg was right not to play herrera, he might give us penetration and energy, but he lacks discipline and i suspect he doesnt really play according to meister van Gaal's instruction

Sure he's exciting and unpredictable but we all know lvg is a system control freak, he don't want to win by chance, he wants a sure win

Everyone let the Rooney thing go way too easily (when he tried to join/flirted with City and Chelsea) and to this day I want him sold.

I don't think he's good enough anymore anyway. Does feck all almost every week.

We haven't done that well in this transfer window. I think it's just unbelievable that we haven't signed a centre half yet and if we don't sign one then we won't be challenging for the league. We probably won't challenge either way without a top striker.

We should questions his commitment, have him a taste of his own medicine

Blind/Smalling makes perfect sense (whilst Rojo is unfit) and I don't think we desperately need another centre back.

I'm beginning to dislike Herrera, its nothing football related or even personal or rational. But when a player is given the kagawa treatment I instantly take a dislike.
Same, I actually want to like but the association with the annoying shite on here makes me not able to like him as I just hate everything on here that surrounds him. I swear shit that doesn't have anything to do with him just ends up with Ander should be playing.

In similar vein Ander and Smalling are both hugely overrated on here.

Very different from Kagawa. Kagawa hardly ever performed for United. Herrera's form when picked has been very good.

I also like the idea of Blind at the back, and prefer him to Rojo.

Herrera is the only attacking player we have that would be playing regularly for us if SAF was still manager. Rooney, Fellaini, Memphis and Mata wouldn't be at the club, Hernandez, Adnan and Young would be squad players.
Actually I think we would've signed Memphis, he's exactly Fergie's type of player that he'd love to bring in. A strong, quick, talented wide player who is also a goalscorer. Fergie would definitely have tried to bring him in.

will sound as knee-jerk reaction as McArthur is having a good game against Arsenal but i always felt he is the better player out of him and McCarthy, even from their Wigan days and i still stand by my original opinion.

LVG is a great manager and he knows how to play an attacking team.

Luke Shaw still isn't really doing it.

Too many passes backwards, when he does get forward he doesnt fully over lap, and often receives the ball and just passes square or backwards. Looks unconfident going forward in todays world of attacking full backs

Too many passes backwards, when he does get forward he doesnt fully over lap, and often receives the ball and just passes square or backwards. Looks unconfident going forward in todays world of attacking full backs
A lot of that has to do with the system IMO. Darmian is doing the same despite that he was quite good attacking wise in Italy.

Blind is going to end up being an important part of this team as a CB and will help us win silverware starting in the next couple of years. I was impressed with him previously but not convinced, the more I think about it the more I realize that he has the temperament and intelligence to just keep getting better.

i will repeat what I said a few weeks ago, Benteke will easily outscore Rooney this year.

I love Herrera, but he is massively overrated on here. The midfield is ALOT easier to run through with him playing as a CM. He gets good tackles per game stats but there is a lot more to it than that as we are now seeing with schneiderlin. I also don't understand why the last game 'proved' Herrera should start. He put in one of his most underwhelming performances since the beginning of last season but that is also a credit to him because it wasn't even that bad. The control we had in the last 25 or so mins was all down to BFS. Herrera tended to be a bit careless on the ball. Ofcourse, all this is just my opinion.

I love mourinho in a non gay way. For me he's a character that sparks up the game, he had that charisma and how i wish he could become our manager one day.

I've often found him to be entertaining and a great character, but sometimes, especially as of late with the whole physio saga, he just does things which make him come across as a complete and utter prick. The eye poke a few years ago was another one. He tows the line a lot of the time, but some of the stuff he does can be pretty horrible, without much of an entertaining factor to add into it.

i believe we are stuck with Rooney for this and next season. If he breaks our scoring record this season, then many will feel that he has scored enough to justify keeping him next season and if he does not he will be so close that people will think its unfair to get rid of him so close to the milestone.

Two years ago, when it looked like Rooney wanted to leave United, Moyes/United would not have kept him if he wasn't English. I don't hate Rooney nor do I have any great affinity towards him.

I've often found him to be entertaining and a great character, but sometimes, especially as of late with the whole physio saga, he just does things which make him come across as a complete and utter prick. The eye poke a few years ago was another one. He tows the line a lot of the time, but some of the stuff he does can be pretty horrible, without much of an entertaining factor to add into it.

Yeah, nobody's perfect, there's full of ups and downs.

But apart from SAF, he's the only personality in the managing world with some sort of success to back him up. He's just that one bamf you just can't help but rooting for

Two years ago, when it looked like Rooney wanted to leave United, Moyes/United would not have kept him if he wasn't English. I don't hate Rooney nor do I have any great affinity towards him.

TBF Moyes hands are tied, he's not big enough to kick him out, and looking back it's probably a wise move (from his point of view alone) not to kick a fuss with Rooney and just play along (it's not his money anyway), he needs all the help he can get.

Imagine Moyes coming in and sells Rooney, he won't last till christmas.

I don't think he's a natural with the ball at his feet. Not a natural dribbler, especially from standstill. I doubt van Gaal encourages him to initiate attacks, but I don't think he has it in him to do so anyway.

Southampton's system meant that (when he wasn't passing it simple) he was largely carrying/running onto the ball into space. And they played at a high tempo. And their delivery in the final third was encouraged to be sharp and zippy. They seemed to play the final pass at the earliest opportunity once they crossed into the final third. Which is all the complete opposite to here under van Gaal.

So he's now being given the ball to feet, without much space to run into. And he's having a lot of time to think, whereas I think he's more of an instinctive attacker who's more useful against stretched defences, when his momentum's built.

I don't know if his dribbling will ever be a strong point (I don't think it can really improve that much, to be honest), but he can definitely improve his runs and movement off the ball in time.

He'll need to.

Last edited:

Not sure that's so wild a theory. English players would naturally be more valuable to us than others of similar ability, for various reasons.

I love Herrera, but he is massively overrated on here. The midfield is ALOT easier to run through with him playing as a CM. He gets good tackles per game stats but there is a lot more to it than that as we are now seeing with schneiderlin. I also don't understand why the last game 'proved' Herrera should start. He put in one of his most underwhelming performances since the beginning of last season but that is also a credit to him because it wasn't even that bad. The control we had in the last 25 or so mins was all down to BFS. Herrera tended to be a bit careless on the ball. Ofcourse, all this is just my opinion.

Yep. I like Herrera too but he is definitely overrated here.

Yes, i just think we didnt want to sell him to an English rival..

As one poster here once put it...Rooney was too good to sell to a domestic rival...but not good enough to sell to a bigger European one like Madrid/Barca

Still remember when the Rooney thing sprung up in 2013 and he was linked to Bayern, and Sammer basically said he couldnt see what more he would bring to the club

Yes, i just think we didnt want to sell him to an English rival..

As one poster here once put it...Rooney was too good to sell to a domestic rival...but not good enough to sell to a bigger European one like Madrid/Barca

Still remember when the Rooney thing sprung up in 2013 and he was linked to Bayern, and Sammer basically said he couldnt see what more he would bring to the club

Hahahaha, if Chelsea's playing him instead of Costa we will be happy and laughing all about it, ditto City

I don't think he's a natural with the ball at his feet. Not a natural dribbler, especially from standstill. I doubt van Gaal encourages him to initiate attacks, but I don't think he has it in him to do so anyway.

Southampton's system meant that (when he wasn't passing it simple) he was largely carrying/running onto the ball into space. And they played at a high tempo. And their delivery in the final third was encouraged to be sharp and zippy. They seemed to play the final pass at the earliest opportunity once they crossed into the final third. Which is all the complete opposite to here under van Gaal.

So he's now being given the ball to feet, without much space to run into. And he's having a lot of time to think, whereas I think he's more of an instinctive attacker who's more useful against stretched defences, when his momentum's built.

I don't know if his dribbling will ever be a strong point (I don't think it can really improve that much, to be honest), but he can definitely improve his runs and movement off the ball in time.

He'll need to.

Yeah its the cutting back when in forward positions that gets to me. I cant believe this is a tactic, rather a lack confidence in his own ability to hold onto the ball or beat a man, or deliver the right final ball. Shame as when at Saints he had the most dribbles of any full back. But as you say potentially due to the space Saints used to create for full backs.

Maybe he'll bring this to his game, and if it is a tactic of LVG then fair enough he's doing it well.

Memphis is utter crap and will soon be replaced by Young permanently.

Explains nothing. Its an unpopular thread and I put my unpopular opinion in it. He's nothing more than a very expensive Ibe but older.

Did anybody else lump on Memphis to score after the clueless anti-oracle wrote him off?

Just how wrong about absolutely everything can one man be?

Did anybody else lump on Memphis to score after the clueless anti-oracle wrote him off?

Just how wrong about absolutely everything can one man be?

LMfeckingAO. ROFLCOPTER. You play one glorified friendly and Memphis is suddenly worth 30m. Fark me, Utd fans transformation into 1990's league-deprived Liverpool fans is now complete. Please collect your clothes and coupons and move down the line.

And let me pop over the to the worse miss ever thread, and ooh there he is. The million dollar man. I was at snooker so missed your final pre-season friendly game but switching on Talksport they were talking about his miss more than his goals. Yes, put some more money on him.

LMfeckingAO. ROFLCOPTER. You play one glorified friendly and Memphis is suddenly worth 30m. Fark me, Utd fans transformation into 1990's league-deprived Liverpool fans is now complete. Please collect your clothes and coupons and move down the line.

And let me pop over the to the worse miss ever thread, and ooh there he is. The million dollar man. I was at snooker so missed your final pre-season friendly game but switching on Talksport they were talking about his miss more than his goals. Yes, put some more money on him.

Jesus you're bitter.

:lol:

You bitter twat.

Do yourself a favour and start betting on the opposite of your thoughts - you'll be a millionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.