United Kits 2024/25

There's no such thing as a "Liverpool red" or a "United red", we've both worn loads of slightly different shades of red, and for the bulk of our shared histories from the 1900s to 1960s, we wore the exact same shirts in the exact same colours anyway.

And we've worn blue regularly since the 1940s.
Yes I know, but since the late 70s, which is when I started following, Liverpool has generally tended towards wine red and United towards a more orange shade, and I like it that way. It resonates.

As for blue, thanks, didn't know it went so far back, but it's never sat well with me.

None of this makes any sense of course, it's just raw emotion.

Yes I know, but since the late 70s, which is when I started following, Liverpool has generally tended towards wine red and United towards a more orange shade, and I like it that way. It resonates.

As for blue, thanks, didn't know it went so far back, but it's never sat well with me.

None of this makes any sense of course, it's just raw emotion.
Sorry, but that may be your perception, but it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. We've worn a variety of shades of red, as have they. Often they've been practically identical.

I'm sure 80s kits were a lighter shade of red. I read something about Fergie preferring diablo red, a darker shade.

Last edited:
I have the third kit (player version) for my son in hand and it’s unreal. Have the home kit coming in a week. Can I post some pics? There’s a fantastic seller I have found after trying 3 others. They have retro United kits too that I have bought.
Could you send me through a DM for this? cheers

It's not orange when you see it up close, it's a pinkish shade that is equally out of place. Another Adidas fail.

It's not orange when you see it up close, it's a pinkish shade that is equally out of place. Another Adidas fail.
Yeah, I suppose whether it's actually orange or pink, it's still an ugly shirt. Maybe if not for the horrible gradient, it wouldn't look quite so out of place, but the whole thing is over-fussy with the different shades of red.

Orange or not?

manchester-united-adidas-home-shirt-2024-25_ss5_p-200954451+pv-7+u-6ibxn1aqqasykftc5p27+v-bgmatvnzofeacioe7y31.png

Yeah, I suppose whether it's actually orange or pink, it's still an ugly shirt. Maybe if not for the horrible gradient, it wouldn't look quite so out of place, but the whole thing is over-fussy with the different shades of red.
Adidas seem hell bent on refusing to give us a predominantly red home shirt with white as the secondary colour with a bit of black used sparingly in there as well. Nothing else. It's all red and white, with no black, or red with black and no white. We're not Bayer Leverkusen ffs

Agreed. It's a mess, far too many shades of "red".

Agreed. It's a mess, far too many shades of "red".

Yeah that’s my issue with it, I actually quite like the design but it would be much better if they’d just kept it simple with one shade of red and the white detailing.
I agree with everyone else that the white shorts look shit though.

Adidas seem hell bent on refusing to give us a predominantly red home shirt with white as the secondary colour with a bit of black used sparingly in there as well. Nothing else. It's all red and white, with no black, or red with black and no white. We're not Bayer Leverkusen ffs
Last season's kit had all three colours, didn't it?

I've come round to thinking you sign your life away when agreeing a kit deal. I'd have thought a club would give the manufacturer guidelines of what they want then their designers make up a few options after which club and manufacturer come to an agreement. It's looking more and more like the manufacturer just provides their choice and the club has little actual say in the final design. Can't believe the decision makers at United looked at those, third excluded, and thought they were by far the best options Adidas could come up with. Surely has to be a 'this is what you're getting' situation.

Orange or not?

manchester-united-adidas-home-shirt-2024-25_ss5_p-200954451+pv-7+u-6ibxn1aqqasykftc5p27+v-bgmatvnzofeacioe7y31.png
In that photo, it's orange. But processing and displaying colours accurately on a screen doesn't always happen.

I used to photograph a lot of objects - including a lot of football shirts - at my old job. I'd spend ages making sure the colours were as true to life as possible. But when I looked at them on a different screen, they didn't often match up.

It would be a nice change if it was all red (like 2008/09) , but with adidas they will always want the 3 stripes highlighted, so they will always be either white, or black. .which i dont mind, always looks better in white imo though.

I've got the actual kit. It's definitely not as orange as it looks on the previous picture.

17217548834998379995808935126349.jpg