United charged for failing to control players vs Chelsea

Tbf it was naughty the way they all got in his face like that. I was pleased, though. Reminded me of the good old days. Ditto the fight we showed from that point on. We've been rolling over far too frequently since Fergie retired. Arguably got a bit soft in his final season or two.

Clear indication of Oliver's agenda against us. Club needs to do something official about him.

Rojo gets a ban, no question, take it and move on. This uppity cnut with his haircut that an 11 year old would be ashamed of thinks he's the big man trying to haul the club over the coals.

This is a country that looked the other way when DDG was getting it just as bad as Hazard last night and called it a legitimate tactic to rough him up.
He needs a break from reffing us, this can't go on

Sir alex ferguson ordered united players to rough up cristiano ronaldo in training and he received the same tratment in the league. Conte comes and demands to protect players like hazard in their usual european treatment.

I think it was intentional but nonetheless my point is simply I was afraid he was going to get banned and now he's not. My joy at that far outweighs any consternation at the moral pooh poohing the FA want to do here.
What Roy keane and viera did were intentional this was nothing, an accident in a contact sport

Yeah that was what the charge is for: http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/mar/...ted-failing-to-control-players-chelsea-140317
That is when he was sent off and we surrounded the ref.

2 years ago, M.Oliver sent off Smalling, against MCFC - remember that (see below)?
A few months later he sent of Di Maria, for touching his shirt.
Then he gives Herrera 2 yellow cards (for 2 soft fouls).
M.Oliver should be the one who is investigated, not our team.

Joe-Hart-Man-City-England-408746.jpg

Headbutting a ref.....no no no, that's not an offence, because J.Hart was not a MUFC player. This is the same match which saw Oliver, give 2 yellows to Smalling.

Last edited:
I just hope the Government finally acts against these buffoons.

Spurs last year was failing to control their players. Are they on drugs?, because this wasn't it.
Will make some poster happy though.

They did all get in his face so fair enough.

Not sure why you'd keep giving Oliver games though. He's so inconsistent in how he applies the rules, it'd actually be fairer to not have a referee at all, and deal with the entire game retrospectively.

Him and Mike Dean.

To be fair, our players surrounded the Ref and made quite a scene. I was expecting this. Fair play to the FA, just hope it will be evenly applied across the league.

Gee this place really is turning into blue moon we will have conspiracy threads next

Face it we lost our heads it took Herrera a lifetime to accept it and go off he would deserve further action for refusing to leave the field and every single poster would be calling for that if he was a city player

Let's just take our oil and move on theres no conspiracy noone is out to get us we just have to stop making so many stupid errors and get smart

Reactions: Penna
What can a club do with regards to a referee though?
Blackmail him....not really.

I dunno, there's gotta be enough to fill some dossier with his bullshit towards United. That Hart thing alone says enough.

United player touches his shirt = Second yellow, off.
Joe Hart goes head to head with him = Nothing.

Manchester United have been charged with failing to control their players during Monday's FA Cup quarter-final at Chelsea, but Marcos Rojo has avoided sanction for his apparent stamp on Eden Hazard.

Monday's tense Stamford Bridge encounter ended with Antonio Conte's Blues triumphing 1-0, with Jose Mourinho's latest Stamford Bridge return being thrown off kilter by Ander Herrera's first-half dismissal.

The Spain midfielder's second booking was followed by United players haranguing referee Michael Oliver - actions that have led to a Football Association charge.

"Manchester United have been charged for failing to control their players," a statement from the governing body read.

"It follows an incident in the 35th minute of the Emirates FA Cup quarter final tie against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge yesterday.

"The club have until 6pm on Friday, 17 March 2017 to respond to the charge."

While United have been charged for their players' collective behaviour, they have avoided another individual serving a domestic ban.

Rojo had been sweating on potential retrospective FA action after appearing to stamp on Hazard's chest during a second-half flare-up at Stamford Bridge.

However, the referee's report confirmed Michael Oliver and his officials saw the incident, meaning the case cannot go to a review panel and the Argentina international will avoid a potential three-match ban for violent conduct.

United are already without Herrera and striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and West Brom.

Monday was the second time Herrera has been sent off for two bookable offences this season, with the Spain midfielder now serving a two-match domestic ban.

Sunday's trip to the Riverside Stadium sees top scorer Ibrahimovic complete the second of a three-match domestic ban, having last week been hit with a retrospective suspension.

The 35-year-old caught Tyrone Mings with an elbow shortly after the Cherries defender landed on the back of his head, with the apparent stamp leading the FA to dish out a five-match ban.

Herrera and Ibrahimovic are both likely to start in Thursday's Europa League last-16 clash with Rostov, with the score at 1-1 following the first leg in Russia.

Blackmail him....not really.

I dunno, there's gotta be enough to fill some dossier with his bullshit towards United. That Hart thing alone says enough.

United player touches his shirt = Second yellow, off.
Joe Hart goes head to head with him = Nothing.
We can do something to his food I guess.

I said earlier that a Chelsea player wouldn't be off like Herrera yesterday.

2 years ago, M.Oliver sent off Smalling, against MCFC - remember that (see below)?
A few months later he sent of Di Maria, for touching his shirt.
Then he gives Herrera 2 yellow cards (for 2 soft fouls).
M.Oliver should be the one who is investigated, not our team.

Headbutting a ref.....no no no, that's not an offence, because J.Hart was not a MUFC player. This is the same match which saw Oliver, give 2 yellows to Smalling.

I wish Mourinho would bring this up in a public statement. Kinda like Fergie did with Atkinson (or some other twat, don't recall who it was).

Mou will be fined and punished but the FA will avoid scheduling Oliver for our games just to avoid a shit storm, being the spineless pricks that they are.

It's not like there was a bust up like the City v Chelsea game. Ridiculous.
Also, when is the FA going to do something about Conte waving imaginary cards every two seconds?

Ridiculous. You'd have thought there was a fight or something.

I hate it when players surround the ref, but at the same time I can understand why a lot of you are annoyed about the inconsistency of the FA.

It's because Michael Oliver included it in the report. Makes a terrible decision then cries to his bosses when we complained about his ineptitude. Dreadful ref who clearly hates United, as evidenced by his double standards with regards to his decisions in our games. Anyone want to go out and find examples of players surrounding him and not being charged for it? I'm willing to be there are many instances of it.

If they want to go down this route then they need to start allowing justified criticisms of referees. It's stupid the things that managers and players can be cited for but that a manager has no right to speak up and ask for a citation against a ref after a poor performance. These managers jobs are on the line during a season and yet they can't question decisions that could cost them this.

Enough is enough, video replays won't slow the bloody game down at all. The only instances that it does so in rugby is when there is a pile of players over the ball and it takes multiple angles to see what happened. That doesn't exist in football. Every decision would take 10 seconds top to look at and determine what the ruling should be. It would stop the time wasted by players arguing with the ref. You wanna save time in games then stop the stupid amount of time taken to celebrate goals and force players to run off the pitch when substituted unless they're injured.

Until this is introduced the refs have every right to be criticised.

Absolute joke, something has to be going on with the FA. Every team does this when there's a questionable red card/penalty for fecks sake.

However, the referee's report confirmed Michael Oliver and his officials saw the incident, meaning the case cannot go to a review panel and the Argentina international will avoid a potential three-match ban for violent conduct.

See this just makes me so fecking angry. Are we supposed to believe that the referee didn't see an incident that occurred when Zlatan headed the ball, within arm's length of the ball? Because that's just ridiculous.

Now the ref may have made a mistake in not realising that the elbow was deliberate. And if that's the reason we use video evidence - correcting mistakes - then why the hell does Rojo not end up in front of a review panel? The inconsistency is maddening.

It seems to me that the whole process involves allowing the referee to pick and choose which incidents get second guessed by a review panel and which don't by letting them pretend they didn't see the really controversial mistakes. And that's without even getting into the opaque hot mess about which incidents get singled out for this treatment and which don't.

The FA couldn't give a crap about the poor officiating and lack of consistency in the refereeing. They all think they're an untouchable bunch and it digusts me.

I thought the reaction of our players was piss poor, it's really ugly to see the aggressive surrounding of referees and that was the worst case of it by us that I can remember for a long time.

I get the frustration with the inconsistency but if you behave like cnuts you can't complain about being punished.

What would happen if we just refused to pay it? Like what could they realistically do to by far the biggest club and draw in English football, if we just told them to go feck themselves?

I don't mind if the FA decides to take action against teams that bother the referee during games. Frequently I am annoyed by the surrounding, shouting, waving, diving and every other snide trick in an attempt to influence future decisions. I accept it sometimes from our own players in our own games because I am usually agitated as well when things don't go our way.

However, I think it is important that it appears fair. If we are punished for our actions yesterday following the sending off, I will actually think it is a step in the right direction. But it needs to be followed up. I fear this will end up like the Rooney-ban from swearing to the camera. Almost every week I see players doing that. Being the entity that judge requires you to be consistent. I hope the FA realise that, although I fear they won't.