UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because YouGov are the only ones with a methodology, all the others are just raw numbers. Raw numbers aren't reliable, see Liverpool always winning goals of the month, player of the month back in the day on online polls. The momentum/Corbynista lot are very active online, it doesn't mean that everyone else is biased.
Yes, The Times, a well know Corbyn supporting following there.

How does the methodology differ? Do you know the details?

It seems to me the obvious answer is YouGov have a bias and a smaller sample size.

At the 4:00 minute.

Basically the SNP supporting a Labour government can keep the welfare transfers, remain in the EU, wait until the olds die off and still have the promise of a future referendum.

He says their strategy is to get out ASAP doesn’t he but that it’s a bad strategy because they’ll own the pain? I don’t see why why they’d agree to wait 10 years for old people to ‘die out’ when a different Westminster government could well be in place with no intention of indulging them in what a previous government promised them.

It seems to me the obvious answer is YouGov have a bias and a smaller sample size.
Are you serious? Or do you also think the poll in this thread is indicative of the general election result too?

YouGov invited me to the snap post debate poll last night but I didn’t take it as I was busy. What is interesting is they only opened it to 2000 people in the first place. This is the pre debate e-mail I got:

Thank you for agreeing to take part in our post-debate survey tomorrow at 9pm
We will send you a link tomorrow (Tuesday 19th November) to take part in a survey. The link will not become live until the final speaker has finished on the night. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK – clicking the link before then will mean that your answers will not be counted and you will not receive any points for this survey.

The survey will remain open for five minutes after the debate ends so please take the survey as quickly as possible once the final speaker has finished.

"Corbyn's Labour would make it 500 miles."

They ask people that are registered with them and try and get a balanced view from conservatives, labour , other parties and undecideds.

Their polling is open to abuse and is like all polling, where many variables will influence a decision, inaccurate in my opinion. Someone will be along shortly to swear by it though.

to make the people responding to the poll representative of the broader population/electorate - x% should be old, y% should be middle class, etc.

Cheers for the responses, it would make sense regarding class and age, but to hand pick based on what party you support would only ever lead to a near 50-50 split, as they look at the debate through red/blue tinted glasses.

He says their strategy is to get out ASAP doesn’t he but that it’s a bad strategy because they’ll own the pain? I don’t see why why they’d agree to wait 10 years for old people to ‘die out’ when a different Westminster government could well be in place with no intention of indulging them in what a previous government promised them.
The olds dying out was just me making a vulgar joke. The owning pain for a decade refers to that fact if Scotland votes for independence its not going to be easy and that it could take Scotland a decade to find a economic model that works(They don't even know what currency they'll have after leaving). The SNP will become unpopular after independence and wouldn't have the same sort of wealth transfers they get now from the rest of the UK. And really this goes to underline problem of Scottish Independence(I'm sure Scottish posters are going to hate me for this) which is Independence is talked about as a set of pros and cons and not as a liberation struggle. When push comes to shove people aren't willing to give up everything for the idea of a independent Scotland. I think the SNP knows this after the result in 2014.

Blyth other point is that Scotland won't vote for Independence due to older voters not wanting to give up the life they already have.

Oi, nerds.

Alan Moore is a unique talent but, let’s face it, this intervention will have about as much influence on most voters as when John le Carré wrote an open letter to US voters. Sadly, the morbidly obese Brexiteer complaining to Johnson about dog shit in his local park is representative of a large part of the electorate and they are not interested in graphic novels or William Blake.

She has amazing skin and bone structure.

Looks like she's caked in makeup powder though.
Not normally- the skin is clearly smooth. She's strangely attractive, but not sexy as such.

I really don't know who to vote for. They are all absolute shit.

The olds dying out was just me making a vulgar joke. The owning pain for a decade refers to that fact if Scotland votes for independence its not going to be easy and that it could take Scotland a decade to find a economic model that works(They don't even know what currency they'll have after leaving). The SNP will become unpopular after independence and wouldn't have the same sort of wealth transfers they get now from the rest of the UK. And really this goes to underline problem of Scottish Independence(I'm sure Scottish posters are going to hate me for this) which is Independence is talked about as a set of pros and cons and not as a liberation struggle. When push comes to shove people aren't willing to give up everything for the idea of a independent Scotland. I think the SNP knows this after the result in 2014.

Blyth other point is that Scotland won't vote for Independence due to older voters not wanting to give up the life they already have.

I realise that but what I don't see is why you think any of this means that Corbyn won't trade a referendum for the SNP propping up a Labour government. 'I won't support Indyref in the early years of a Labour government' clearly means that it's on the table in the latter part of a 5 year government cycle, after Labour secure our position in or out of the EU.

As far as I can see your video is an academic passing his opinion on the best way to get enough support for independence but I'm not sure why you think that this has anything to do with what the SNP want, unless he's an adviser to them or something I'm missing?

Calling it a 'liberation struggle' is hyperbolic too, it's a union they joined voluntarily and voted to stay in democratically in 2014. I don't know if you're implying that Corbyn will somehow clandestinely help to 'liberate' Scotland by using the ideas in your video to strategically plan for it behind the scenes with the SNP? I don't think that would make much sense for Corbyn because wouldn't Sexit make right wing governments in the UK much more likely than not going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.