UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These polls are stooopid. They're like:

Who do you think should be Prime Minister?

Johnson 70%
Corbyn 30%

And now, who do you think should be PM?

Corbyn 70%
Johnson 30%

Maybe they think 'PM' stands for Project Manager and they're eager to see the apparently anti-semetic Corbyn face-off against Alan Sugar in the boardroom of some celebrity Apprentice christmas special.

Are you lot f*cking thick or what?

Corbyn 387%
Johnson 999%
Boaty McBoatface Q% and a half
I liek teh telly 1%

You know what? I might vote Labour instead of SNP. Nicola Sturgeon was practically invisible that entire debate.

Can’t believe Corbyn let Johnson get away with claiming a strong economy. We just avoided a recession this quarter with 0.3% economic growth ffs.

Typical of Corbyn all debate. Johnson tells outrageous lie then talks over moderator and Corbyn sits looking disapproving and lets the moment slip away.

Fecking tired of this shit. If you want to fight for working people then fight ffs. Don’t sit there all holier than though, as if being polite is going to show everyone what a thoroughly decent chap you are. We’re facing absolute fecking ruin right now, this is not the time for weakness.

Can’t believe Corbyn let Johnson get away with claiming a strong economy. We just avoided a recession this quarter with 0.3% economic growth ffs.

Typical of Corbyn all debate. Johnson tells outrageous lie then talks over moderator and Corbyn sits looking disapproving and lets the moment slip away.

Fecking tired of this shit. If you want to fight for working people then fight ffs. Don’t sit there all holier than though, as if being polite is going to show everyone what a thoroughly decent chap you are. We’re facing absolute fecking ruin right now, this is not the time for weakness.

It's almost as if Corbyn doesn't actually want to be PM, he just wants a hung parliament leading to a second referendum. But that's too absurd to be true...

I wouldn't be surprised if Corbyn was training for this debate with a team that assumed there would be an actual moderator and not just a presenter whose role was not to challenge.

It's almost as if Corbyn doesn't actually want to be PM, he just wants a hung parliament leading to a second referendum. But that's too absurd to be true...
Yeah, forget tackling climate change or fixing social injustices. The only thing that matters in life is Brexit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Corbyn was training for this debate with a team that assumed there would be an actual moderator and not just a presenter whose role was not to challenge.

If they don’t know the media and Johnson by now, they never will.

If that's the case then who does he expect will be moderating his negotiations with the EU should he become PM?

:lol:

If that's the case then who does he expect will be moderating his negotiations with the EU should he become PM?
You're comparing a bizarre format between two rival factions, entirely designed by the people providing the supposed moderator and that they'd apparently planned so meticulously they were threatening to pull it entirely if the Lib Dems and SNP won their court case to get included, to negotiations with the EU?

Dogshit debate. Corbyn had so many chances to throw punches and he didn’t take them. People at home were probably screaming them at the telly. I hope they prepare some jabs for the next debates but am sceptical that he’ll just stick to his principles instead of taking the fight to Johnson. I’m afraid Swinson might seem competent at the next one if this is the level of these two.

Johnson one trick pony:
B R E X I T,
find out what gas mark it needs to be
B R E X I T,
10 mins in the microwave it’s ready
Oh a little Brexit
Whoa, babe
A little Brexit
I don’t get tired
Keep on tryin'
We’re having you for fools
And we’re lyin'
when you lose your home
It will be too late to rethink
And by that time NHS will be gone

:lol:

You're comparing a bizarre format between two rival factions, entirely designed by the people providing the supposed moderator and that they'd apparently planned so meticulously they were threatening to pull it entirely if the Lib Dems and SNP won their court case to get included, to negotiations with the EU?

You're suggesting that's it's reasonable a professional politician and party leader failed to, in the course of an hour, properly adapt to the debate environment to the point where he made numerous catastrophic strategical errors that were only mitigated by the public's pre-existing profound distrust for Johnson on the basis that he was ill-prepared to fight his corner and make himself heard whilst debating on live television for the most powerful job in the country and the ability to determine the fate of 70 million people, and that you trust a man of such evidently passive temperament to go into discussions with the EU and walk away with the possibility for a good deal?

The Conservatives have obviously seen Trump and thought they like the way he works. The realisation that any lies are forgotten about in a few days leads to "fact checkers" and saying what they want in terms of the NHS and police numbers. The lack of culpability really has to be dealt with.

Unfortunately they've also got a pretty weak opposition.

Glad that these Tory cnuts almost certainly winning the election makes you chuckle.
It's amazing how the moderator not doing her job is Corbyn's fault.

You're suggesting that's it's reasonable a professional politician and party leader failed to, in the course of an hour, properly adapt to the debate environment to the point where he made numerous catastrophic strategical errors that were only mitigated by the public's pre-existing profound distrust for Johnson on the basis that he was ill-prepared to fight his corner and make himself heard whilst debating on live television for the most powerful job in the country and the ability to determine the fate of 70 million people, and that you trust a man of such evidently passive temperament to go into discussions with the EU and walk away with the possibility for a good deal?
I think this is Dusty Bin, Ted.

It's amazing how the moderator not doing her job is Corbyn's fault.

Nothing is ever Jeremy’s fault. Yes he gets a shit ride from the media, but instead of trying to do something about it he just does the same thing over and over as if next time it will magically be different.

Moderator isn’t doing her job? How about stopping playing by the polite rules, and start hitting Johnson back in the same kind of way he’s doing? Don’t let the moderator cut you off when you’re trying to call Boris out on his lies, Boris certainly didn’t.

Or should we just lose and whine about how unfair it all is? Fairly sure if the early Labour Party had done that, there never would have been a Labour government (let alone NHS, workers rights etc etc).

Nothing is ever Jeremy’s fault. Yes he gets a shit ride from the media, but instead of trying to do something about it he just does the same thing over and over as if next time it will magically be different.

Moderator isn’t doing her job? How about stopping playing by the polite rules, and start hitting Johnson back in the same kind of way he’s doing? Don’t let the moderator cut you off when you’re trying to call Boris out on his lies, Boris certainly didn’t.

Or should we just lose and whine about how unfair it all is? Fairly sure if the early Labour Party had done that, there never would have been a Labour government (let alone NHS, workers rights etc etc).
Corbyn's gone from a useless politician to someone who should be doing the job of at least 3 different people at the same time. It's an impressive turnaround.

Corbyn did stop her from stopping him in the first 10 mins though. Stooping to Boris's level of twattery isn't the way for me, and I can't see how shouting louder and longer would've actually helped win anyone over.

1. Why didn't Corbyn simply use the "taking back control" line for the 2nd ref position?
"Tory-led Brexit process/negotiations have been unclear and divisive, so we want to bring our deal before the people and let them have a say on their future, without a repeat of these parliamentary games."

2. The handshake thing was staged, Boris was almost at Corbyn's podium before she finished speaking.

3. I missed the 2nd half but it seemed to be a fairly basic block by Johnson - just deny whatever Corbyn had from his FoIA request. Could the moderator have stepped in, the way she did in the first?

Farage on the beeb. Just now. I have to say he is at least crystal clear with his opinions like them or not. Answers questions directly.

Not like bumbling Boris or labours version of Beaker from the muppets.

Farage on the beeb. Just now. I have to say he is at least crystal clear with his opinions like them or not. Answers questions directly.

That's his whole thing though. He has a very specific target market.

Easy to do when you're not running for anything.

That's a massive sentence just to say "I have a gut feeling based on nothing".

His opinions are crystal clear because his and his followers' thoughts have all the intricacy of a Pot Noodle that's missing the meat, vegetables and sauce.

you trust a man of such evidently passive temperament to go into discussions with the EU and walk away with the possibility for a good deal?

Imagine this was any large business in the UK and you ask the MD to negotiate a deal with a supplier. That is the job of people who actually good at negotiating rather than running the company and if I was was in that meeting I'd wonder what was going on. If we're seriously relying on our PM to negotiate the actual deal we will end up with nothing no matter who is in charge.

Wasting your time.

Especially when someone wants to twist the fact Corbyn should have been better even with that moderator into people saying her bad job was his fault.

It's like groundhog day, except from some weird moral highground stance.

3 1/2 years of this shit and there's still people thinking Britain will get a better deal by asking for it louder.

Couldn't make it up.

It's demeaning for Sturgeon, Swinson et al to be obliged to share a stage with Farage.

3 1/2 years of this shit and there's still people thinking Britain will get a better deal by asking for it louder.
Funnily enough, that's the traditional approach of Brits abroad when talking to foreigners in English.

It's demeaning for Sturgeon, Swinson et al to be obliged to share a stage with Farage.
You have Sturgeon (Politician), Swinson (Politician) and then Farage (...work experience guy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.