UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, who do you think you are talking to? I'm already voting Labour, I was a floating voter but it's obvious to me and this country the choice.

But I'm not the target of this debate, and that's the point that continually keeps being missed.

I'd ask Labour voters on here how exactly they think that performance will convince anyone that needs convincing? The whole thing was a mess, a joke from both sides. So how, exactly, is "corbyn is winning this!" shite any way a victory when in fact, the whole thing has been a farce? That has changed absolutely nothing, Corbyn had a stage there and then to speak and nothing we didn't already know came out and once again he let Boris and tomorrows papers lead the narrative.

That's not a strong leader and one we need to win an election, people need to wake up to reality.

The reply wasn't aimed at you specifically. It was aimed at anyone watching. It should be obvious who isn't a complete bumbling idiot. If it's not perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to fecking vote, but anyway...I think Corbyn did well enough. It wasn't never going to be great because it wasn't set up to allow it to be (par of the course for politics). They just had to get out what they could as quick as possible.

Still just blows my mind that the Tories can be in power for 9 years and then campaign to improve everything as if they aren’t responsible for it. I have no idea what they would actually need to do to lose voters.

Incredible isn’t it.

My parents will still vote Tory and then continue to complain about low police numbers.

That was shite and will have changed no minds at all
Which I think given the polls the conservatives probably perceive as a win... I.e. Johnson didn't say anything about watermelon smiles or letterboxes and probably has not done anything to throw away the lead ... Plus he stuck to the brexit script that Cummings has been crafting for months

Corbyn’s present was still political whilst being sweet at the same time. It was a high point for him.

He ended the debate well, and started well - definitely got muddled in the middle by Johnson's incoherent mumbling though.

They need a better moderator to keep BJ in check and he needs some snappier responses.

He ended the debate well, and started well - definitely got muddled in the middle by Johnson's incoherent mumbling though.

They need a better moderator to keep BJ in check and he needs some snappier responses.

Thank you, but I would like to hear from the leader of the opposition on which side he will campaign on.

Sorry, what was the question?

I like Jeremy, I really do. I think he genuinely cares about the country. However a leader needs to be more than just good policies and a kind heart. They need to be inspiring, strong, intelligent, and charismatic. They are essentially the representative of the nation. It's one of the reasons why many vote the SNP in Scotland. Sturgeon is all of those things.

I would prefer splitting the vote between the Prime Minister and MP (similar to the USA). It would open up more party co-operation (provided the chamber was elected proportionally or through ranked-choice).

Corbyn isn’t sharp, he just doesn’t have that quickness of thought and articulation for debates like that. He’s avuncular and genial but that’s not what people generally look for in a statesperson.

I really, really wanted to see the real Corbyn here. Some fight.
What does that mean ?

When the ITV presenter framed the British economy in terms of the number of money trees it needs, you know its been an awful debate for everyone involved.

Thank you, but I would like to hear from the leader of the opposition on which side he will campaign on.

Sorry, what was the question?

:lol:

Corbyn isn’t sharp, he just doesn’t have that quickness of thought and articulation for debates like that. He’s avuncular and genial but that’s not what people generally look for in a statesperson.

I would believe all of those things, if the alternative wasn't a clown named BJ who has none of those qualities.

The reply wasn't aimed at you specifically. It was aimed at anyone watching. It should be obvious who isn't a complete bumbling idiot. If it's not perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to fecking vote, but anyway...I think Corbyn did well enough. It wasn't never going to be great because it wasn't set up to allow it to be (par of the course for politics). They just had to get out what they could as quick as possible.

So he needs help? I simply don't understand why people can't see the problem here.

Labour will never get back in until they get with the program and play the game. Play these idiots at their own sham. Is that ideal? No of course not. But going into a live debate and then coming right back out of it looking exactly the same IS NOT changing the narrative of convincing anyone.

It's more than disappointing, it's shocking.

What does that mean ?

When the ITV presenter framed the British economy in terms of the number of money trees it needs, you know its been an awful debate for everyone involved.
I actually thought that comment was an attempt to embarrass the Tories, as it was them that claimed there weren't any but then found some. Boris batted that one back well though.

The constant get Brexit done schtick is boring but it's for people who only tune in for a short amount of time. Make sure they can't miss the key point.

What does that mean ?

It means forcing the narrative for a fecking start.

It was awful all round, but surely you can see Corbyn had the most to lose and most to gain yet pretty much treaded water.

And I do agree with @villain he started and ended well, but it was nowhere near enough. Not even close.

So he needs help? I simply don't understand why people can't see the problem here.

Labour will never get back in until they get with the program and play the game. Play these idiots at their own sham. Is that ideal? No of course not. But going into a live debate and then coming right back out of it looking exactly the same IS NOT changing the narrative of convincing anyone.

It's more than disappointing, it's shocking.

I agree, he needs to be more radical - but he's fighting a losing game here & this is only the first debate.
We've seen that the media don't frame stories about Corbyn & his policies vs Johnson & his policies in the same way.

If he went toe-to-toe with Johnson it would've ended badly for him simply because the media paint Johnson as a clown, and he gets excused for it. Corbyn doesn't have that same leverage - which says a lot about the integrity of journalism in this country.

It means forcing the narrative for a fecking start.

It was awful all round, but surely you can see Corbyn had the most to lose and most to gain yet pretty much treaded water.

And I do agree with @villain he started and ended well, but it was nowhere near enough. Not even close.

I disagree not with the evaluation of the performance but that it's not enough. Boring is fine for Corbyn, the image of a radical presented in the papers erodes and it normalises him. It's what happened last time.

We don't need a majority Labour are never getting that, just need a gradual gain to deny a Boris majority.

I agree, he needs to be more radical - but he's fighting a losing game here & this is only the first debate.
We've seen that the media don't frame stories about Corbyn & his policies vs Johnson & his policies in the same way.

If he went toe-to-toe with Johnson it would've ended badly for him simply because the media paint Johnson as a clown, and he gets excused for it. Corbyn doesn't have that same leverage - which says a lot about the integrity of journalism in this country.

But you guys keep talking media, here is a chance to actually talk and change that in person with his own words, and he did exactly what the media say...

I disagree not with the evaluation of the performance but that it's not enough. Boring is fine for Corbyn, the image of a radical presented in the papers erodes and it normalises him. It's what happened last time.

We don't need a majority Labour are never getting that, just need a gradual gain to deny a Boris majority.

I honestly don't get how you guys are not more disappointed by this. He played right into their hands. This isn't some clever game he is playing, it's absolutely not smart to play boring and against what they paint him as. He should be fighting them and for what he believes. But then again I, just like you guys, are preaching to the wrong people I guess.

But hey, don't trust me on this. We shall soon see. Then the excuses can fly again, and around we fecking go.

Assuming tories, polling at 42%, all vote Johnson, whilst labour supporters, polling at 30%, all vote Corbyn. To get these figures the rest of the electorate would be 68% Corbyn 32% Johnson.

Obviously sample sizes and all but that poll does suggest a decent closing of the gap from Corbyn.

T0YeZnD.png

MF6ogjs.png

But you guys keep talking media, here is a chance to actually talk and change that in person with his own words, and he did exactly what the media say...

I honestly don't get how you guys are not more disappointed by this. He played right into their hands. This isn't some clever game he is playing, it's absolutely not smart to play boring and against what they paint him as. He should be fighting them and for what he believes. But then again I, just like you guys, are preaching to the wrong people I guess.

But hey, don't trust me on this. We shall soon see. Then the excuses can fly again, and around we fecking go.

I've yet to see a good leadership debate performance from anyone though. It's a poor format to do what you're saying.

You need Obama level in oratory to make much of a dent. You can feck it up easily like May though.

Last question of the debate: what xmas pressie would you both give each other?

Kourtney: Kim, there's people that are dying in the world

@SteveJ :lol:
:lol: They could always buy each other Kylie's radioactive cosmetics, I guess.

Corbyn was just too nice, I thought he could have really attacked Johnson, he’s an easy target.

Maybe that’s part of who Corbyn is though, maybe that’s what separates him from the Johnson’s in the world.

Literally asked Corbyn about trust in politics and he didn’t lay into Johnson about his shady affairs.

What a joke.

Seemingly a lot of backlash over the factcheckuk stunt. Kuenssberg outraged. This is her here

Oooh what are they like the daft scoundrels, with their disinformation campaigns and underhand tactics?!

Status
Not open for further replies.