UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats'(!)

3500.jpg

So with that day from the Tories and the Labour walk outs I think it's fair to ask if both these cnuts are trying to throw the election?

Nobody wants to be left holding the baby.

So with that day from the Tories and the Labour walk outs I think it's fair to ask if both these cnuts are trying to throw the election?

The Tories have had an absolute stinker this week. More than a handful of clangers. Even with the Watson news Labour couldn’t be happier with the start.

Watson leaving is a big story.
But the Tories have had a shocking week. Awful optics.

Labour is remain. The country voted leave. They cannot be seen to ignore a democratic vote and do as they please. The offer of another democratic vote is the only way to legitimately change course with all the facts laid bare, should the country choose to of course.

I don’t see why it’s so hard for people to understand this position and to understand that it’s not worth talking about over and over and over when there are more pressing issues for people.

Has there been a poll conducted of what people in the country rank as number one priority in this or last election? I can tell you Brexit might not even make top 3.

good post

_109536998_curtice_issues_640-nc.png

Brexit and health are the two biggest issues for voters.

Given the question marks over the NHS after Brexit, they're probably going to be inextricably linked.

Mixed for Labour then, concentration on Brexit will go badly for them, but they should gain a lot on the health side.
Brexit will be the clear number 1 issue for people who can actually find the motivation to go out and vote on the day. It's a hot button topic that's turned lots of otherwise ambivalent voters into charged up voters.

Health is one of those perennial issues that everyone 'cares' about in theory, but won't be enough to stir the loins on its own.

Last edited:
Brexit will be the clear number 1 issue for people who can actually find the motivation to go out and vote on day. It's a hot button topic that's turned lots of otherwise ambivalent voters into charged up voters.

Health is one of those perennial issues that everyone 'cares' about in theory, but won't be enough to stir the loins on its own.
I know. There's been plenty of posts on here from the big lefties saying it should be about everything else instead, but electorally they might be better deciding an honest Brexit policy instead.

I know. There's been plenty of posts on here from the big lefties saying it should be about everything else instead, but electorally they might be better deciding an honest Brexit policy instead.
What is the dishonest Brexit policy you refer to?

James Cleverly having an absolute shocker across most of the morning shows this morning :lol:

Absolutely fantastic clip.

Has Kay Burley redeemed herself in the eyes of the caf? I’ve already seen lots of sharp clips of her in this election.

Perhaps? Or by not even fleshing out what this 'soft Brexit Labour deal' is going to entail, red lines, FOM, single market or customs union etc.

He's still ducking and diving from the issue.

Boris refused to be drawn on what he would negotiate with the EU if he was Prime Minister. Only said that he would lead us out with no deal if necessary (a far more stupid idea than putting it to a people’s vote). Tusk and Juncker both went on record to say that May had a deal and there would be no point in negotiating another one. Obviously Boris got a different deal so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Corbyn could also get a deal and I’m sure the EU would be interested in a softer deal.

Boris refused to be drawn on what he would negotiate with the EU if he was Prime Minister. Only said that he would lead us out with no deal if necessary (a far more stupid idea than putting it to a people’s vote). Tusk and Juncker both went on record to say that May had a deal and there would be no point in negotiating another one. Obviously Boris got a different deal so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Corbyn could also get a deal and I’m sure the EU would be interested in a softer deal.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility of course but trying to boil it down to the simple idea in the tweet below is pretty fanciful and an insult to the electorates intelligence after three and half years of chaos.

We should all know by now that this is hugely complex issue and not the simple one Corbyn and his followers are trying promote. We all should know that the devil is very much in the detail and until that is fleshed out I'm not sure how any impartial observer could perceive the policy as being an honest one.

Boris got the deal the EU offered Theresa May! Yet somehow he’s managed to convince large portions of the electorate he’s some sort of genius for negotiating a ‘new’ deal.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility of course but trying to boil it down to the simple idea in the tweet below is pretty fanciful and an insult to the electorates intelligence after three and half years of chaos.

We should all know by now that this is hugely complex issue and not the simple one Corbyn and his followers are trying promote. We all should know that the devil is very much in the detail and until that is fleshed out I'm not sure how any impartial observer could perceive the policy as being an honest one.

Very much how I feel. Its like saying "How will I climb Mount Everest? Simple, I'll just walk up the side.". Just because you can describe it in a few words, doesn't mean it tells you everything you need to know.

Honest question as i think you're a remainer, would you rather Corbyn went into detail of what he'd try to negotiate if it meant losing the vote of some leave voters?

Are you angry on their behalf because they might not get the brexit they think Labour will deliver?

Honest question as i think you're a remainer, would you rather Corbyn went into detail of what he'd try to negotiate if it meant losing the vote of some leave voters?

Are you angry on their behalf because they might not get the brexit they think Labour will deliver?

I'd say I'm a practical remainer rather than an ideological one. In short, on balance I just don't see leaving the EU as being worth the cost.

my position on the Labour policy for Brexit is this:

Nothing will close it completely but I think there needs to be a harder Brexit deal on the ballot. Something like Johnson's that doesn't break the GFA but satisfies the three general beneficial ideas (as they see it) that Brexit was sold on: sovereignty from the ECJ, immigration controls on EU migrants and the UK becoming an independent trading nation. If remain wins Farage's et al's claim that 'it wasn't a real Brexit' would carry little weight because if they can't sell a hard Brexit to the British public then how could they sell the hardest Brexit? In a soft Brexit vs Remain ballot all you would hear is 'betrayal', 'Brexit has been stolen' 'duped' and so on. If a soft Brexit goes through all you would hear is 'we're still controlled by the EU' 'betrayal', 'Brexit has been stolen' 'duped' and so on. The whole debate would still be completely live and the bitterness amplified. Even having the three options on the ballot could work although I'm opposed to a soft Brexit because it's a completely ridiculous deal to accept.

I think it would be hugely divisive and fail completely to close the issue. I'm against a soft Brexit because I don't think you solve stupid with stupid. We have a really good position in the EU as it is and greatly reducing those terms whist remaining under their control in terms of trade is absurd in my opinion. Have an honest referendum on the issue and after all we've seen in the past three and a half year the outcome would have to be respected.

Corbyn's USP has been styled as him being a different 'new' politician, an honest one, so yes, I expect higher standards from him.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t know who to vote for.
I am not a fan of Corbyn but will vote Labour. Jo Swinson looks like she could sell remainers down the river to stop Corbyn getting into No10.

Ah Steven Pollard. Love his stuff in The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express and The Telegraph.

Can always expect a fair and balanced opinion from him...

SxCzzdKsdRydkLD-800x450-noPad.jpg

I guess it probably cant be published in an election... but now would be a great time to have the EHRC report come out to have an authoritative independent report on the matter

I am not a fan of Corbyn but will vote Labour. Jo Swinson looks like she could sell remainers down the river to stop Corbyn getting into No10.
I suspect if push came to shove she would let corbyn into power so he could sell out the remainers himself (as it would probably implode labour in the long term)

SxCzzdKsdRydkLD-800x450-noPad.jpg

I guess it probably cant be published in an election... but now would be a great time to have the EHRC report come out to have an authoritative independent report on the matter
Trust you to magically pop up now

us blaitites have to stick up for the jews... afterall we will both be in the same gulag if corbyn gets his way
You honestly believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.