U.S. Presidential Race: Official Thread

Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how the feck are UK stations calling races before they are called here?

I am following this on CNN the most conservative on calling states, but I'll be fecked if folks back in the UK know results before me!!

The BBC is about as conservative as it gets. But that called Pencil Van Nistelrooy ahead of CNN. Attempted to watch CNN but it hurt my brain.

Certainly a different way to doing elections than in the UK. Normally we don't get our first results in until 11pm our time. So a proper election party only starts after the pubs shut! :cool:

I knew that, but why is it still relevant today and why do the bbc need an in depth analysis of the results?

I think it has something to do with actual results being announced in individual counties, which are being tallied up.

I think it has something to do with actual results being announced in individual counties, which are being tallied up.

Ah right. Thanks. It was the only State I've seen being broken down like this so I was just a bit confused.

The BBC is about as conservative as it gets. But that called Pencil Van Nistelrooy ahead of CNN. Attempted to watch CNN but it hurt my brain.

Certainly a different way to doing elections than in the UK. Normally we don't get our first results in until 11pm our time. So a proper election party only starts after the pubs shut! :cool:

Yes its different here, but this one has been engrossing. I've been hooked on since the primaries.

Maybe after 4 years of living here, I'm turning yank ;)

It'd be less tedious and less potentially incorrect though.

Given so few states are actually retracted once they've been called, shows its a fair system to go off. Everyone knows the score, it isn't definate, but it's more than certain

Plus if we waited that long, I'd haveto go to bed before knowing the outcome!!!

Just wait 'til someone posts a false report of a McCain goal from a Palin cross!

I'm sure if you want to grab some sleep and just tune in when the result is announced, no one will force you to wake up.
But I don't like people knowing things before me :(

I shall heed your advice though, goodnight, and good luck Dems. Not too much luck though.

sarah_palin_36.jpg

CUM?