Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played as a CDM for Ajax last season and won Dutch player of the year.
So why did he not play as a CM in Netherlands if he was so good? I hought they lacked midfielders with Strootman injured and Sneider not being up to LVG's standerd. Cruyff also criticised Blind and said he should not be a midfielder:
He is quoted by Voetball International: "No one came out and played combination football. For that you need a high ball speed, but that is difficult when you play with one of Viergever and Blind in midfield. Both of which are not fast enough and technically in order to accelerate."

Eredivisie is a completely different ball game to the Premier league.

My point is, he is not good enough to be a man utd player. He is average compare to the quality in the premier league, we need world class players. His ceiling of potential is not high enough to likes of Carvalho. We need a Vidal or Strootman.

This week meaning... tomorrow? Do teams usually do deals on the last weekend of the window or will it be tomorrow or monday?

So why did he not play as a CM in Netherlands if he was so good? I hought they lacked midfielders with Strootman injured and Sneider not being up to LVG's standerd. Cruyff also criticised Blind and said he should not be a midfielder:

Eredivisie is a completely different ball game to the Premier league.

My point is, he is not good enough to be a man utd player. He is average compare to the quality in the premier league, we need world class players. His ceiling of potential is not high enough to likes of Carvalho. We need a Vidal or Strootman.

They had no left back, and he can play there.

On your point about him being average compared to quality in the EPL, you say that without having seen him play at CM.. well ok then. Many people said the same thing about Strootman last summer.

Also we need more than one CM so if we got one of Vidal/Carvalho + Blind I think that would be good business.

I'd say it's a good thing our game is lunchtime kick off. Get a win under our belts and then spend the next 72 hours working on players. Eddy can take a 12 month holiday if it all goes well :D

We're going to sign a jizz midfielder out of nowhere in the next 4 days. Watch.

We need to get a move on and sign the players we need then, two CMs and I'll be happy as Larry. I don't think he can afford to leave it till weekend because then the "end of the window" tax comes about and it costs 50% more than it should have to buy the player.
This week meaning... tomorrow? Do teams usually do deals on the last weekend of the window or will it be tomorrow or monday?

I'd say it's a good thing our game is lunchtime kick off. Get a win under our belts and then spend the next 72 hours working on players. Eddy can take a 12 month holiday if it all goes well :D
If only :D

please no to blind. and for 20m? you just have to laugh. we need to replace our poor squad players with genuine quality, none minor upgrades on large transfer sums. im all for a de jong or someone on the cheap as a stopgap so we never have to see fletcher cleverely or anderson in a united shirt again but someone like blind is not the answer, we will all be complaining in 2 or 3 years that we didnt push the boat out for somebody better.

please no to blind. and for 20m? you just have to laugh. we need to replace our poor squad players with genuine quality, none minor upgrades on large transfer sums. im all for a de jong or someone on the cheap as a stopgap so we never have to see fletcher cleverely or anderson in a united shirt again but someone like blind is not the answer, we will all be complaining in 2 or 3 years that we didnt push the boat out for somebody better.

How many times have you actually seen Blind play for Ajax, where he's playing his actual best position?
He wasn't voted best player in the Eresdivise for shits and giggles.

How many times have you actually seen Blind play for Ajax, where he's playing his actual best position?
He wasn't voted best player in the Eresdivise for shits and giggles.
Your right, i've seen the grand total of 1 game and some youtube highlights on him at ajax, but i did watch him throughout the world cup as well but sure im not in a leading position to give a dossier of his ability to van gaal personally. but what i saw was hugely disappointing, if he's the answer, why has no other club been linked to him in the media? surely someone like arsenal would be made for him?

Quoting a contrary man such as Cryuff, using words like "ceiling", mundane comparisons between Premier League and Eredivisie...

My eyes hurt.

What does that even mean? He just goes against anything? You do know what this man has achieved as a professional footballer and coach? Yep, I would rather believe a random person from RedCafe.

Ceiling is used sparingly as an alternative to how much potential someone has/could reach. We both know Blind will never be a 'world class midfielder'. So many have come to premier league and failed, there is a legitimate reason to compare these two leagues.

Don't be so condescending mate.

What does that even mean? He just goes against anything? You do know what this man has achieved as a professional footballer and coach? Yep, I would rather believe a random person from RedCafe.

Ceiling is used sparingly as an alternative to how much potential someone has/could reach. We both know Blind will never be a 'world class midfielder'. So many have come to premier league and failed, there is a legitimate reason to compare these two leagues.

Don't be so condescending mate.

Well, he said last year that Barcelona should sell Messi.

Your right, i've seen the grand total of 1 game and some youtube highlights on him at ajax, but i did watch him throughout the world cup as well but sure im not in a leading position to give a dossier of his ability to van gaal personally. but what i saw was hugely disappointing, if he's the answer, why has no other club been linked to him in the media? surely someone like arsenal would be made for him?

If you base your opinion on a player on youtube videos, a WC playing out of position and the amount (or lack of) teams he's been linked with, then something is wrong tbh .. But for what it's worth (not much), Barca was linked with him for a while before signing Vermaelen.

There could be a number of reasons why other teams aren't in for him, most reasonable one probably that his asking price is too high for them, and yes, we probably would be paying a bit over the top for hi, but who cares? It's not your money, it comes from the pockets of the same people who've been draining the club for money for years.

Well, he said last year that Barcelona should sell Messi.
Conext is key here.

"No, I wouldn't have signed Neymar," Cruyff told Marca. "With Neymar on board, I would have planned for the possibility of selling Messi - and some would agree with that, others not.

"You are talking about a team, its players, the things around it ... There are too many things at stake. That's why it's so difficult to manage such a top class squad."

He is just saying that you can't have both together, if one comes in then the other should go out.

If you base your opinion on a player on youtube videos, a WC playing out of position and the amount (or lack of) teams he's been linked with, then something is wrong tbh .. But for what it's worth (not much), Barca was linked with him for a while before signing Vermaelen.

There could be a number of reasons why other teams aren't in for him, most reasonable one probably that his asking price is too high for them, and yes, we probably would be paying a bit over the top for hi, but who cares? It's not your money, it comes from the pockets of the same people who've been draining the club for money for years.
Sorry but, you dont have to have watched a entire season of someone to be able to have an opinion on an internet forum. you think im the only person here with reservations about blind? why not call them up on it as well there plenty who have concerns. I'm more than allowed to state on opinion, and thats from what i have seen on daley blind, and for 20m i dont think it would be a good, or the right signing when there are PROVEN players out there at the highest level we need to be after.

What's the cut off for us if we were to sign a player and wanted to pay him on Saturday? Unlikely we'll get anything done I know, but just wondering if anyone knows? Sounds like something @Damien would know?

Sorry but, you dont have to have watched a entire season of someone to be able to have an opinion on an internet forum. you think im the only person here with reservations about blind? why not call them up on it as well there plenty who have concerns. I'm more than allowed to state on opinion, and thats from what i have seen on daley blind, and for 20m i dont think it would be a good, or the right signing when there are PROVEN players out there at the highest level we need to be after.
At the end of the day, you are right-he is not worth £20m. If he is available for £8-10m then I think the cub will consider it. Then again, his agent has said the club have not even given an offer. So this debate is useless.

Ahh feck. I knew it, LVG left it to late. Today LVG said "The players want to come, but the clubs don't want them to leave" I think this is the case with Vidal.

The only way they Vidal woul leave is if he causes a fuss/transfer request-which he will not do.

Today's summary (separate thread here)

Thursday, 28th August 2014

Manchester United Clearout
13:28 10 players available for right price: Lindegaard, Welbeck, Anderson, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, Fellaini, Young, Rafael

Cleverley
11:16 Harj Johal: Bid tabled and accepted from Aston Villa for Tom Cleverley
15:26 Telegraph: Aston Villa to make £8m bid
15:42 The Times: Villa and Hull make bids of around £9m

Hernandez
11:28 Sky Italia: Juventus want Hernandez, specifically on loan but United want permanent transfer. Agent also wants a loan
12:59 Jamie Jackson: Juventus and Valencia bidding, with United ready to let him go for right price (13:13 Ian Herbert) (13:19 BBC) (13:41 The Times)
14:32 Mexico second largest TV network reporting move to Italy or Spain close

Kagawa
00:57 Rumours that Kagawa on way back to Dortmund after CEO Zorc refused to deny interest, CEO Watzke talked about him on live radio and Klopp himself hinted at transfer
12:07 ESPN: Dortmund weigh up move for Kagawa
13:22 Valencia confirm Kagawa transfer is an option
14:03 Mail Online: Kagawa wanted by Valencia and Dortmund
15:59 Dortmund actively working on re-signing Kagawa
16:34 Radio 91.2: Kagawa to Dortmund return imminent

Rafael
12:28 Roma fancy Rafael

Welbeck
10:41 Mail Online: Pochettino eyeing loan move for Welbeck
11:58 Independent: Spurs favourites after Arsenal rule out interest
14:18 Sky: Spurs interested in Welbeck on loan

Zaha (DONE - SEASON LOAN)
09:54 Ed Malyon: Zaha returning to Crystal Palace
10:10 Warnock tells talkSPORT that he hopes to bring Zaha back to Palace
10:53 Croydon Advertiser: Zaha set for second spell at Palace
11:34 Mirror: Zaha going on season-long loan from United to Palace
13:21 BBC: Palace in talks to re-sign him on loan
16:08 Sky Sports: Palace sign Zaha on season-long loan

Manchester United Incomings
02:18 Mundo Deportivo: Fiorentina promised Cuadrado he could join Barcelona or United if they had made a good bid
10:21 Balague: United approached Madrid two weeks ago for Alonso and agent said he was 100% staying
12:16 Telegraph: United step up interest in Martin Odegaard
13:25 Rudiger welcomes United link

Carvalho
08:37 Sport Witness: United pursuing Carvalho and Sporting will sell but Arsenal are an obstacle
14:04 Carvalho agent reported to be in Manchester

Vidal
05:42 Gazzetta dello Sport’s Laudisa: Juventus reject United’s latest bid for Vidal
10:43 Sky Italia: Vidal not fully fit yet (he trained in gym yesterday)
11:28 Sky Italia: England keep speaking of offer for Vidal but no offer has arrived and Juventus have no intention of selling player
15:17 Sabatini: Vidal tells his friends he will stay at Juve
18:26 Marotta: With four days to go we can't talk about him leaving

Premier League Transfers
00:39 Calcio Mercato: Arsenal interested in Roma’s Mattia Destro
01:04 Mail Online: Southampton’s Gaston Ramirez set for loan move to Sevilla
10:33 Di Marzio: Bid from Arsenal to Dortmund for Papastathopoulos
10:50 Rabiot's agent (mother) meeting Arsenal today urging to up offer
10:56 Sam Allardyce: We have budget for one quality player and that is possibility before window shuts
14:27 Sky: Spurs and West Ham competing over Alex Song
16:47 Het Laatste Nieuws: Sunderland agree loan deal with Atletico for Alderweireld
17:14 BBC: Koeman says Ramirez and Cork not leaving Southampton
17:28 West Ham interested in Micah Richards
17:37 QPR closing in on Reading goalkeeper Alex McCarthy

Fernando Torres
10:50 Sport Witness: For Torres to go to Milan, Chelsea would have to pay Torres £3M/year
12:17 The Times: Chelsea prepare for Torres to move to Milan
14:06 Di Marzio: Torres agent will fly to London to negotiate severance pay
16:40 Milan and Torres reach agreement

Rest of the World Transfers
08:19 Bild: Benatia purchased for £21m and gross wages of £85k as no other interest in player
10:09 Guarin agent: Fredy expects move from Juventus so said no to Zenit
13:43 Sky: Juventus like Baselli and Gaudino
13:45 PSG and Real Madrid presidents meet in Monte Carlo
16:28 Di Marzio: Verona pushing for Evangelista
16:51 ESPN: Monaco will loan out Falcao for €20m
18:16 Shaqiri agent confirms Juve interest but Bayern asking for too much so Shaqiri staying

Xabi Alonso
09:57 Bayern Official Twitter: Bayern confirm talks with Alonso and Real Madrid. Player expected to arrive for medical today
12:49 Matthias Sammer: Alonso move sporting decision to help us raise our quality

Other Tweets
00:21 Facebook (picture): Woodward and van Gaal spotted at Manchester House restaurant
08:47 Odegaard on why he doesn’t have an agent: “I just want to focus on becoming a better player. An agent doesn’t do me better
10:32 De Telegraaf: Robben not sure van Gaal will get time at United
12:06 Jones, Welbeck and Rooney called up to England squad
12:07 Hodgson confirms Rooney is England’s new captain
12:14 Rooney England captaincy interview
12:29 Blackett wins first England U21 call up. Keane and Wilson also picked for England duty
12:35 Wilmots: Fellaini is out for two to three weeks
13:05 Moyes thinks Rooney will move into central midfield eventually
13:41 Pirlo out for month with hip injury

Notes:
@HenriqueAlvero is banned

What's the cut off for us if we were to sign a player and wanted to pay him on Saturday? Unlikely we'll get anything done I know, but just wondering if anyone knows? Sounds like something @Damien would know?
I think its tomorrow afternoon. Certainly some time tomorrow for sure.

I think its tomorrow afternoon. Certainly some time tomorrow for sure.

player has to be registered 24 hours before a game. so 12:45pm tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.