Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp will be happiest hipster in Germany knowing that Shinji's returning and that can build a strong negotiating position in further deals.

Zaha gone and Hernandez, Cleverley and Kagawa look to be following him out of the club.

Not sure why Monaco, who apparently have loads of money, are entertaining shipping out their best players.

Poor Kagawa. He was a quality player at Dortmund, it just didn't work with us.

I hope Kagawa buys us an "in" with either Reus or Hummels, and Hernandez does the same with Vidal.
Once Hernandez plays a few games for them and they realize what they've actually bought, they'll refuse to ever negotiate with us again.

... Okay, that's a bit unfair but he really isn't that good.

Not sure why Monaco, who apparently have loads of money, are entertaining shipping out their best players.

I reckon the owner has decided to limit the spending, I don't think a club like Monaco can keep this up for long considering how they don't have much of a fanbase.

Sky Sports:

Tottenham are discussing the potential signings of Barcelonamidfielder Alex Song and Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck on loan, according to Sky sources. The pair have been told they are not in contention for first-team football at their respective clubs, and Spurs are one of a number of teams interested in both players.

I think that both Hernandez and Welbeck will leave, along with the obvious ones like Cleverley and Kagawa (Zaha is already gone).

Sky Sports:

I think that both Hernandez and Welbeck will leave, along with the obvious ones like Cleverley and Kagawa (Zaha is already gone).

LVG needs to convince him to stay if Cheech leaves. Especially if wants to play 2 up top.

SAF would have put a arm around him and done it under wraps only. Test of LVG's man management skills.

Think he'll stay if hernandez leaves, which I think he will.

If we switch to 4-3-3 (which is quite likely with the Di Maria signing), we won't need 4-5 strikers. We could offload Welbeck and Hernandez and start giving Wilson chances in the team. Even if we stick to 3-5-2, we should be fine without both of them as if it comes to that, Januzaj could play up top as well.

Why would Dortmund do us any favours if we sold them back Shinji? We got him cheaply because he would have left for nothing eventually.

We paid 10 mill for tevez deal, didn't we?

We paid £3 million per year for the two years he was with us:

"United are understood, in turn, to have agreed to pay Harlem Springs – Joorabchian's company – £3m in each of the two years Tevez played for the club, and United had an option to buy him permanently for £25.5m at the end of the loan. Tevez helped United win the Premier League in 2008 and 2009 and on that rainy night in Moscow, the 2008 European Cup. Yet Sir Alex Ferguson decided in 2009 he did not want to pay £25.5m for Tevez and amid some acrimony at Old Trafford, Joorabchian negotiated with City."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...011/aug/23/carlos-tevez-legal-battle-revealed

I`m happy for Shinji. He deserves to start and play regularly. Hope he is as successful in Dortmund as he was before the transfer to us

Why would Dortmund do us any favours if we sold them back Shinji? We got him cheaply because he would have left for nothing eventually.

Plus, I'm not sure what Kagawa (and even Klopp) is going to say to the players and whether he'll recommend us. I dunno.. hopefully he has good things to say about the fans at any rate.

We paid £3 million per year for the two years he was with us:

"United are understood, in turn, to have agreed to pay Harlem Springs – Joorabchian's company – £3m in each of the two years Tevez played for the club, and United had an option to buy him permanently for £25.5m at the end of the loan. Tevez helped United win the Premier League in 2008 and 2009 and on that rainy night in Moscow, the 2008 European Cup. Yet Sir Alex Ferguson decided in 2009 he did not want to pay £25.5m for Tevez and amid some acrimony at Old Trafford, Joorabchian negotiated with City."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...011/aug/23/carlos-tevez-legal-battle-revealed
So nearly 4 mill euro then. I didn't recall well.

Feels a bit sad to lose Clevz tm

Always wanted him to turn into a great player, hopefully this kick starts his career

Must be FFP. Not sure they have enough to show through 'allowable' revenue streams to justify the expenses.

Its weird, it always annoyed me how the Kagawa fans would overrate him and say some ridiculous things on here because Kagawa didn't deserve that praise for what he showed for us BUT i think its a mistake to get rid of him, and i'm now surprised how everyone seems fine with him going. Its a bit ironic.

Rio, Vidic, Evra, Buttner, Nani, Zaha, Cleverley, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck either gone or on their way out. That's a hell of a summer clear-out. We have fewer games than normal this season, but we need another body in before the window shuts. Hopefully Ed will make it rain once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.