Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid £3 million per year for the two years he was with us:

"United are understood, in turn, to have agreed to pay Harlem Springs – Joorabchian's company – £3m in each of the two years Tevez played for the club, and United had an option to buy him permanently for £25.5m at the end of the loan. Tevez helped United win the Premier League in 2008 and 2009 and on that rainy night in Moscow, the 2008 European Cup. Yet Sir Alex Ferguson decided in 2009 he did not want to pay £25.5m for Tevez and amid some acrimony at Old Trafford, Joorabchian negotiated with City."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...011/aug/23/carlos-tevez-legal-battle-revealed

I could have sworn we paid 10m GBP pr season for Tevez.

Why are we getting excited that Cleverley is going when we don't know if a Midfielder is coming?

So nearly 7 mill euro then. I didn't recall well.

£10 million was the rumoured fee at the time, but these things are pretty secretive unless clubs themselves publish figures. It's sort of like how our agreed price for the full transfer of Tevez was £25.5 million, so seemingly it was assumed he went to City for that price, rather than the £45 million Mansour actually paid to get him to City. The lower figure is still widely reported despite that excellent investigation by the Guardian that I linked to above.

Its weird, it always annoyed me how the Kagawa fans would overrate him and say some ridiculous things on here because Kagawa didn't deserve that praise for what he showed for us BUT i think its a mistake to get rid of him, and i'm now surprised how everyone seems fine with him going. Its a bit ironic.

I don't really want to get rid of him. Not when he's yet to be given a run of games in his best position to show what he can do.

But then you look at our current squad with Mata, Januzaj, Di Maria and Rooney, all undoubtedly better than Kagawa at the moment in that position, and the fact that we've only got two competitions to play in, and it really becomes inevitable that he has to leave, if only for his sake.

It's something that has to be leveled at Fergie and then Moyes. Fergie for signing him to play behind Rooney, and then reneging on that plan to sign RVP. Moyes for never giving him any opportunities at all bar a few left wing outings.

I don't really want to get rid of him. Not when he's yet to be given a run of games in his best position to show what he can do.

But then you look at our current squad with Mata, Januzaj, Di Maria and Rooney, all undoubtedly better than Kagawa at the moment in that position at the present moment, and the fact that we've only got two competitions to play in, and it really becomes inevitable that he has to leave, if only for his sake.
But we need a quality squad as well as a quality first team.

Must be, but I would've thought £71m for James to Madrid would've fixed that, so that they could keep Falcao.

Hmmmmm, don't know the details. I mean, last year they must have had big losses but if I am not wrong their last year won't be counted for FFP as they were not in Europe. This year they should be in green owing to James's transfer. It might also be case of the big names wanting to move out as Monaco can't anymore spend crazily to attract big names.

Rio, Vidic, Evra, Buttner, Nani, Zaha, Cleverley, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck either gone or on their way out. That's a hell of a summer clear-out. We have fewer games than normal this season, but we need another body in before the window shuts. Hopefully Ed will make it rain once more.
I think Carvalho and Blind are very likely signings now, especially due to the lack of bodies in midfield. I wouldn't rule out a move for a centre back either.

of course one is coming. One or two of Blind, de Jong, Carvalho and Vidal.
Blind is not coming as a midfielder, his best position is left-bak. We do not need a make-shift midfielder who is average at best. AC Milan will not sell De Jong. That leaves Vidal and Carvalho who are very difficult to get, especially as LVG said today "players want to come, but their clubs don't wont".

I am just saying, nothing is set in stone.

But we need a quality squad as well as a quality first team.

Yeah, but we already have that in abundance in that position. And in any case, barring injuries, our starting eleven should barely be changing at all from game to game this season.

Wow, so much action, good stuff. Cleverley deserves to be sold, Hernandez and Kagawa has to leave for the sake of their careers. It's also clear that we are going to try and bring in a few players, very excited about that.

Because its obvious we'll be trying to sign one
We should get a midfielder then sell Cleverley, that is how clubs should do their businesses. We lack midfielders already, I don't want the club to a take any risks in ins and outs. Villa can wait.

We should get a midfielder then sell Cleverley, that is how clubs should do their businesses. We lack midfielders already, I don't want the club to a take any risks in ins and outs. Villa can wait.
Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. Been saying that all summer. Like it or not, Cleverley at least provides a body in midfield. United should be looking to get in players first, then ship out the ones already here. Anyways, with five days to go, let's see what actually happens.

But then you look at our current squad with Mata, Januzaj, Di Maria and Rooney, all undoubtedly better than Kagawa at the moment in that position, and the fact that we've only got two competitions to play in, and it really becomes inevitable that he has to leave, if only for his sake.

It's something that has to be leveled at Fergie and then Moyes. Fergie for signing him to play behind Rooney, and then reneging on that plan to sign RVP. Moyes for never giving him any opportunities at all bar a few left wing outings.

Most people seem to think playing with wingers is preferable and an option we should keep open just in case 3-5-2 fails.

Adnan firstly is not undoubtedly better than Kagawa as a number 10 and secondly both Di Maria and Adnan are needed out wide if we want to play with wingers.

Rooney cannot be dropped as LvG says his captain always plays when fit therefore if he plays as a 9 and RVP is dropped then what is the point in making him cover for Mata when we should be looking to get him to develop momentum in one position.

The only way this makes sense is if Rooney is LvG's preferred number 10 and RVP 9 with Mata on the bench. Or if Kagawa wants to leave.

You've got a point. Hopefully, letting him go is a reflection of how close we are to bringing someone in.

At the prices being quoted, you dont ask them to wait around

Monaco doesn't have money. That was last year spending by their owner. Now he's lost more than half of his fortune, so he decided to stop this sugar daddy madness.
Hopefully City and Chelsea's owner lose their dough aswell

Would be strange considering they just got Jenkinson on loan who should be back from injury in a few days. Don't understand why they'd do that and then get Richards a few weeks later.

Play him centre back as Reid and Collins are injured.

If these midfield departures are true, does anyone reckon that means we've secured an incoming midfielder or two?

Blind is not coming as a midfielder, his best position is left-bak. We do not need a make-shift midfielder who is average at best. AC Milan will not sell De Jong. That leaves Vidal and Carvalho who are very difficult to get, especially as LVG said today "players want to come, but their clubs don't wont".

Makeshift? Blind just won player of the year in the Eredivisie playing centre-midfield, so clearly his best position is not left back.

He played as a CDM for Ajax last season and won Dutch player of the year.

Our lineup against Burnley will be interesting, without Cleverley who will start next to *gulp* Fletcher?

Blind is not good enough in any position. Barely an upgrade on Fletcher, and for £20m, would be a ridiculously bad signing. Especially when there's players like Carvalho available for £24m or De Jong for £8m.

Status
Not open for further replies.