Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's refreshingly honest. Wasn't it Benoit Assou-Ekoto who said something along the lines of him not even particularly liking football, he just does it because he's good at it and it pays well?
Yeah, it was him. I always find this endears me to a footballer to some degree.

1995- The last time United were in the second round of the League Cup — 19 seasons ago — they crashed out to York, before going on to win a Premier League and FA Cup double.

Also the last 2 times we didn't win either of our first two league games we went on to win the League and the CL (98/99 & 07/08) (though difficult to win the CL this season as not being in it):annoyed:

That does look good (though I prefer a more defensive CM than Vidal so we can replace Carrick instead of our 30 million man Herrera. With not much width coming from the right midfielder, though, ideally you'd like a more mobile, roaming right striker than Rooney/RvP.
I'd use the same formation, but swap van Persie for Welbeck. That would give us a good mixture of pace, dynamism, power, creativity, goal threat and intelligence among that front six. It really would be excellent.

That could work.

-----------------------------Carrick
------------------------Vidal-------Di Maria
------------------------------Mata

-----------------------Rooney-----Van Persie

I think the issue with this kind of formation is our lack of mobility up front. Mata Rooney and RVP are all fairly slow, someone like Welbeck up top to stretch defences and this looks quite good. Can't see RVP or Rooney being dropped though.

No, we don't need both!

Fletch (seems to have lost his engine) & Cleverley / Fellaini (both useless), arent adequate back-up in CM. Carrick's still out & it always takes time for him to get back in the groove after an injury-spell, not to mention - if he can get his form back more importantly.

Herrera's out injured already & if we sign Vidal - who's to say he wont be out injured given his all-action mentality?!

Our CM is an embarrassment for "the biggest club on the world.."

Four days left and where are all the departures we were expecting? At the moment Hernandez sounds like the only one to be leaving.

Fletch (seems to have lost his engine) & Cleverley / Fellaini (both useless), arent adequate back-up in CM. Carrick's still out & it always takes time for him to get back in the groove after an injury-spell, not to mention - if he can get his form back more importantly.

Herrera's out injured already & if we sign Vidal - who's to say he wont be out injured given his all-action mentality?!

Our CM is an embarrassment for "the biggest club on the world.."

But they're still on the books. Fair enough if we'd sold the but we haven't. Rome wasn't built in a day, its going to take time and few transfer windows for this team to progress. It won't/can't be sorted in this window alone. I agree with the need for midfield reinforcements, but I think we need only 1 now. With Fletch, Cleverley, Fellaini providing backup to Carrick, Herrera and hopefully another one yet to be signed.

To be fair, Evra is 33 and had a year left on his contract.

Dig what what saying, but £1.2m is a joke Hal.

Juve's negotiating team must have said "you bought Evra for £5.5m & now he's 33 - so we'll pay a quarter of that..".

By-passing the fact, that Evra was at one stage - the best LB in Europe & would have commanded a huge transfer fee during his plomb. His importance to the club surely commanded a much larger fee that £1.2m, do you not think?

We got our heads around that fee because we all thought it was a sweetner for a Vidal deal. If that doesnt materialise - then we should be pissed-off..

Well he couldn't exactly say he did it for the weather or to move to a better league etc... :lol:

But yeah, you'd still get footballers thick enough to try and spin those lines. I believe in the "The project".

Careful, we're a 'project' now :nervous:

Wouldn't it be funny if they trolled their fans.

"It's not really Neil Warnock! We've signed David Moyes!"

"A strong voice from #Vinovo: Arturo #Vidal greetings. "Sold". I'll be back in two hours."

Not sure what he's really on about or whether he's worth listening to.

"A strong voice from #Vinovo: Arturo #Vidal greetings. "Sold". I'll be back in two hours."

This guy covers Juve for Goal.com I think, a few Juve fans say he's decent...

Well translating that google translate, I get:

An important figure from Juventus' training ground Vinovo when asked about Arturo Vidal said "Sold". Momblano Official will be back in two hours to check if he has gained any followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.