Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why we have left it this late. I hope it's just posturing and negotiation tactics from both sides who know he eventually will leave.

Probably. Both teams will get desperate as the window draws to a close. Just look at deadline day, its batshit mental.

Juventus can say they don't want to sell Vidal all they want, but throughout the summer it's been Italian media, mostly those linked with Juve, have been reporting on Vidal coming to us. English media have pretty much been saying we're not interested till the last week or so.

Well we aren't going to spend £24M on Carvalho and £40M on Vidal or whatever, given our outlay this summer anyway.

Juventus can say they don't want to sell Vidal all they want, but throughout the summer it's been Italian media, mostly those linked with Juve, have been reporting on Vidal coming to us. English media have pretty much been saying we're not interested till the last week or so.
Most importantly, Vidal had 5 interviews and thus 5 chances to nip the rumour in the butt. But he didn't, he wants to move.

With the Di Maria thing, I think we can assume our stance is to always say 'not interested' until we see we actually are making progress in getting the player.

Surely if we want Vidal then we can throw Chickarito in the deal?

We'll have to make an offer they can't refuse and Vidal ask for a transfer.

Well we aren't going to spend £24M on Carvalho and £40M on Vidal or whatever, given our outlay this summer anyway.

Actually that's the very reason I think we might actually do it. Because let's be honest, none of us thought the club would spend this much this summer.

Most importantly, Vidal had 5 interviews and thus 5 chances to nip the rumour in the butt. But he didn't, he wants to move.

To me that's been the strongest indicator that the rumours aren't nonsense as some have tried to imply. He could easily have done a Cesc and put the matter to bed. He opted not to.

A bit OCD but I hating seeing strikers with those sort of numbers. Almost as annoying as seeing Gallas with #10 at Arsenal.

Actually that's the very reason I think we might actually do it. Because let's be honest, none of us thought the club would spend this much this summer.
I can see us signing one, but not two. A combined fee of £64M for example would see us just fall short of £200M in expenditure. We clearly have money, but I still think there's a limit.

We could use 3 for all i care, but we can't afford both i think.

Agree with that, but would be delighted with a CM squad of Carrick, Fletch, Herrera, Vidal & Carvalho, with Pereira involved also..

It says alot, that we cant get rid of the deadwood & generate cash for transfers, and also that we tend to sell for peanuts anyway - Evra's transfer to Juve being a typical example.

Agree with that, but would be delighted with a CM squad of Carrick, Fletch, Herrera, Vidal & Carvalho, with Pereira involved also..

It says alot, that we cant get rid of the deadwood & generate cash for transfers, and also that we tend to sell for peanuts anyway - Evra's transfer to Juve being a typical example.

To be fair, Evra is 33 and had a year left on his contract.

If we want to change to a 4-3-3 then Juan Cuadrado woruld be a good signing. If we weren't going to play a 4-3-3 until Di Maria arrived, what happens if Di Maria gets injured? Are we going to change back to a 3-5-2 for a few games? We need more quality wingers.

If we want to change to a 4-3-3 then Juan Cuadrado woruld be a good signing. If we weren't going to play a 4-3-3 until Di Maria arrived, what happens if Di Maria gets injured? Are we going to change back to a 3-5-2 for a few games? We need more quality wingers.
The player himself has hinted that he might play centrally, so I don't think the transition to a 4-3-3 is a sure thing.

Personally I'd like to see di Maria on the left of a diamond used in a similar capacity to when he was at Madrid and had the freedom to roam left.

Last edited:
God I want this to happen.. I'd gladly chuck 40m + Hernandez at Juve!

€10m for a loan move sounds good.

Hmmmm. Would rather get him off the wage bill and sold or swapped as part of a transfer. What happens if he has a stinker at Juve? We then have to take him back next year and swell an already bloated squad.

That could work.

-----------------------------Carrick
------------------------Vidal-------Di Maria
------------------------------Mata

-----------------------Rooney-----Van Persie
That does look good (though I prefer a more defensive CM than Vidal so we can replace Carrick instead of our 30 million man Herrera. With not much width coming from the right midfielder, though, ideally you'd like a more mobile, roaming right striker than Rooney/RvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.