Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is it then, Di Marzio has spoken. False alarm.

Di Marzio's not saying much is he? He's left the door open with this line of 'Everything can happen in the transfermarket'. He obviously can't corroborate what this Mamblano fella is saying so he's playing it safe.

But they're still on the books. Fair enough if we'd sold the but we haven't. Rome wasn't built in a day, its going to take time and few transfer windows for this team to progress. It won't/can't be sorted in this window alone. I agree with the need for midfield reinforcements, but I think we need only 1 now. With Fletch, Cleverley, Fellaini providing backup to Carrick, Herrera and hopefully another one yet to be signed.

They're still on the books alright - doesnt mean you have to play them though TS.

United could have been built into title contenders this summer & folk still go on about that we have a championship winning squad because we won the league by 11pts 2 seasons ago. When is the penny gonna drop that we got lucky because of City & Chelsea's disarray that season?!

I'm completely at a loss to United folk settling for an attempt at 4th spot - not sayin you are either man. We have the resources to compete for the title, yet are now scraping to fill the positions we need the most.

Di Maria is an awesome signing - unbelievable we pulled it off, but we need steel in defence & CM for the flair players to flap their wings.

I love Van Gaal - he's the right man. But playin a formation that he deemed was a damage-limitation formation during the WC, because he lost Strootman - (the chink in his 4-3-3), says alot about our squad.

Buy the personnel to fit a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 & not this playin of 3 injury-prone non-United standard CB's in a 5-2-1-2.

Its a mental formation when we dont have good CB's - yet we put, what we perceive, as being our best available CB's all on the pitch at the same time with no back up. Its madness!

Nope.

Way I see it now is we've completely transformed from being boss on the football pitch and wank in the transfer market to being wank on the football pitch and boss in the transfer market. #WoodwardEffect
:lol: Very true.

Is DiMarzio really that reliable. How he can know where is Vidal agent does he have a GPS on him?

Anyone else willing to comment on that?
Vidal-Carrick-Herrera is a quality midfield... Blind coming in addition would be the icing on the cake, as he would provide an extra body in the squad rotation in both midfield and defence.

EDIT - Fellaini, Cleverley, Fletcher, and possibly Anderson are good and capable enough as squad players when one of the first three are out also.

Strootman in January as Carrick/Vidal's long-term replacement and we'll be set for the medium term in midfield, IMO

The Gazetta journo said the agent was in England.

Vidal-Carrick-Herrera is a quality midfield... Blind coming in addition would be the icing on the cake, as he would provide an extra body in the squad rotation in both midfield and defence.
You get a sense that Blind could be done in an afternoon if we wanted him. I could see him coming in on the final day, even if we get Vidal. Blind seems to want to play for us.

Doesn't mean much tbh. Whether the agent was in England or not means feck all. Not like he would have to travel here to get a deal done.

You get a sense that Blind could be done in an afternoon if we wanted him. I could see him coming in on the final day, even if we get Vidal. Blind seems to want to play for us.
Yeah Blind is your typical Deadline Day transfer. It seems like it'd be an easy transfer to do, even if we just decide to go for him late Monday afternoon

di Marzio is touted as this paragon of transfer news but a lot of his work this season has been fairly unreliable. I'm not saying he's wrong about Vidal's agent in this scenario, but he's hardly the oracle that I've seen a few make him out to be.

He is a 'close friend' according to him.
If and big if that is true then there is even less reasons to believe what he is reporting about Vidal. I rather believe Ogden and Ladyman. Even Taylor said we started briefing things.

If and big if that is true then there is even less reasons to believe what he is reporting about Vidal. I rather believe Ogden and Ladyman. Even Taylor said we started briefing things.

His not going to give away confidential information now is he. Vidal and Blind would be a dream. We just need to get everyone playing as a team. #havefaith

He talks about himself in third-person all the time, you should know by now how it's pronounced! (It's not a G sound in Dutch, more like 'Hraal').

They're still on the books alright - doesnt mean you have to play them though TS.

United could have been built into title contenders this summer & folk still go on about that we have a championship winning squad because we won the league by 11pts 2 seasons ago. When is the penny gonna drop that we got lucky because of City & Chelsea's disarray that season?!

I'm completely at a loss to United folk settling for an attempt at 4th spot - not sayin you are either man. We have the resources to compete for the title, yet are now scraping to fill the positions we need the most.

Di Maria is an awesome signing - unbelievable we pulled it off, but we need steel in defence & CM for the flair players to flap their wings.

I love Van Gaal - he's the right man. But playin a formation that he deemed was a damage-limitation formation during the WC, because he lost Strootman - (the chink in his 4-3-3), says alot about our squad.

Buy the personnel to fit a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 & not this playin of 3 injury-prone non-United standard CB's in a 5-2-1-2.

Its a mental formation when we dont have good CB's - yet we put, what we perceive, as being our best available CB's all on the pitch at the same time with no back up. Its madness!

I understand your frustration but we can't solve all our problems with one transfer window. Those players on the books still cost money, we might have some money but it isn't a limitless pit and we still need to be managed correctly with regards to our finances.

It's not settling for 4th spot either but we have to realistic. For example, should another central midfielder come in I reckon we could have a good season and push top spot. However, it's about building for the future too so I'm happy to be patient, or as patient as I can be and see the bigger picture.

I totally agree with regards to the 3-5-2, thats the only point so far that's annoyed me if I'm honest. The rest I can stomach as long as I see progression/foresight - signing Di Maria was a signal that we are looking to improve now but also long term as we spent so much money on him.

I don't think we need another central defender though. I think with Evans, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blackett, Keane we have enough and they deserve a chance (in a 4-3-3) to stamp a place beyond this season. Especially Jones and Smalling who have rarely played in their preferred position for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.