Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought the start to this season would be so depressing! Even the league cup managed to be a dampner on the Di Maria signing!

FFS, doubt anyone saw this coming 2 weeks ago!
Nobody did.
[RAWK]But we're only two points behind Liverpool with thirty-six games remaining and nobody really cares about the league cup. We've also signed di Maria and more are sure to follow. There's still reasons to remain positive.[/RAWK]

1995- The last time United were in the second round of the League Cup — 19 seasons ago — they crashed out to York, before going on to win a Premier League and FA Cup double.

1995- The last time United were in the second round of the League Cup — 19 seasons ago — they crashed out to York, before going on to win a Premier League and FA Cup double.

I was looking at the replay of us losing to York 3-0 and wake up this morning to see us losing 4-0 to MK dons.

Was thinking to myself, what is wrong with United? The players seemed to be clueless.

With all the hype on Di Maria, I just hope he won't get suck in by the poor form of united.

I wonder if we might give Ajax one or two of our young prospects in the Blind deal.

Would be good for whoever to go over and get some experience in their squad.
Am I alone in thinking sending players on loan to Ajax for instance is better than sending them on loan to the championship or lower premier league clubs?

Am I alone in thinking sending players on loan to Ajax for instance is better than sending them on loan to the championship or lower premier league clubs?
They have their own young players with one of the best academies in the work...it would be a wierd sign to their own players

But to Twente or PSV (They've Rekik from City) should be a option for us. For example Zaha, Powell or Wilson should go there.

They have their own young players with one of the best academies in the work...it would be a wierd sign to their own players

But to Twente or PSV (They've Rekik from City) should be a option for us. For example Zaha, Powell or Wilson should go there.

Schteve is still at Twente isn't he?

Could use that connection.

The United hacks at the Mail have the same sources as those at the Telegraph, let's not make things up. The Mail is a hideous newspaper, but their sports writers are nothing short of fantastic.
Even Simon Jones?

Even Simon Jones?

Nah he's just the guy they get to write the nonsense. But the likes of Ladyman and Lawton have some serious clout on matters United. Martin Samuel is also the best sportswriter in the country. He's clearly heavily contacted.

Nah he's just the guy they get to write the nonsense. But the likes of Ladyman and Lawton have some serious clout on matters United. Martin Samuel is also the best sportswriter in the country. He's clearly heavily contacted.
I agree, they have very good sports writers like the ones you've mentioned but I wish they'd get rid of Simon Jones.

We NEED to move for Vidal soon. Either that, or get De Jong in to tie us over until January. We can't go on like this in midfield any longer.

I don't get why the club need to spend £10 million plus wages for a player who will be surplus to requirements in 4 months time?
Van Gaal isn't really the type of Manager who will buy player for a very short term fix!
To be honest would rather loan Song for the season & get rid if it doesn't work out. Pretty much no risk...

I don't get why the club need to spend £10 million plus wages for a player who will be surplus to requirements in 4 months time?
Van Gaal isn't really the type of Manager who will buy player for a very short term fix!
To be honest would rather loan Song for the season & get rid if it doesn't work out. Pretty much no risk...
De Jong is good player and even if we did buy an expensive midfielder in January, being no. 3 in line isn't exactly equivalent to being surplus to requirements. Plus, I could easily see him starting ahead of Herrera in most games if it came to that. He's not the dream signing of the summer but he's a quality player.

I agree, they have very good sports writers like the ones you've mentioned but I wish they'd get rid of Simon Jones.
Or Chris Wheeler. I remember his Kroos story, the day after says Man utd signed Kroos, all journos said we are not interested in him.

Says we're also in serious talks with Ajax about Blind.

Really hope Carvalho is our back up to Vidal. Would do wonders for us. A bit young and inexperienced, but the type of player we need.

I have no idea why we have left it this late. I hope it's just posturing and negotiation tactics from both sides who know he eventually will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.