Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I deleted it because you posted it saying you had no idea of it's legitimacy. Really, you should in future as it was from a made-up guy and this thread isn't for any and all tweets.

Also, for further future reference the legitimacy of anything posted on twitter by anyone without a blue tick called Official Manchester United is about as legitimate a claim as is that Steven Seagal is a reincarnated buddhist lama.

I recall a long debate with someone in the Fellaini thread questioning why Moyes saw sensible to pass up De Rossi and aign Felli instead. I remember the response being something along the usual lines of 'how do you know De Rossi wanted to leave?' etc.

I know many get on to posters for seemingly thinking they are betyer managers than the actual managers, but signing Afro for 30m instead of De Rossi for 10m is disgraceful and almost indicates a lack of a fecked clue about football.

Please read what is being written and delete your posts if they don't contain tweets, otherwise an admin will sweep through and likely thread ban you (from posting, not viewing).

Celta Vigo?

Just says there's an injury and he's not in the squad against Celta Vigo. He doesn't think Coentrao will be at Madrid much longer.

In later tweets he (Veland) says that Coentrao isn't injured anymore and it's an excuse.

Someone asked Veland directly about Coentrao and he said there's a chance but not certain.

Fjortoft said there was no way Ole was going to Cardiff. He's another who is hardly reliable.

Fjortoft said there was no way Ole was going to Cardiff. He's another who is hardly reliable.

He said he'd be surprised if he took the job, pretty much like 99% of us. In fact, it's widely documented that Solskjaer initially turned down Tan but was convinced otherwise in the subsequent days. I think Fjortoft is quite reliable. He broke the Lewandowski story first last year.

In this ridiculously unpredictable market you surely can't dismiss someone entirely if they call one particular move incorrectly? I'm more interested in the fact the guy is saying he has never rated Coentrao. He's far more likely to have a fully formed opinion than most of us are.

Came someone point me in the direction of the supposed 'grim' quotes by Moyes?

He said he'd be surprised if he took the job, pretty much like 99% of us. In fact, it's widely documented that Solskjaer initially turned down Tan but was convinced otherwise in the subsequent days. I think Fjortoft is quite reliable. He broke the Lewandowski story first last year.

And he called RVP pretty much before anybody else too.

In the world of "ITK", of course nobody can ever be a dead cert but he seem's pretty clued up.

Came someone point me in the direction of the supposed 'grim' quotes by Moyes?

Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”

I don't think there was much more.

Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”

I don't think there was much more.

And people think that's grim?!?

feck the contact, offer them £20m and Buttner and let's wrap it up.

If Real were to sell/loan him, they wouldn't do so without bringing in a replacement beforehand anyway, and there's not really a lot of players out there they could bring in.

Considering he's played just 4 games this season in all competitions, it'd be a bit like if we lost Anderson. We just wouldn't really care and it wouldn't impact us on the pitch. They use Arbeloa as back up left back too if I'm not mistaken.

I thought he signed a new deal with Madrid a few weeks back?

I thought he signed a new deal with Madrid a few weeks back?

Loads of places said he did, but I don't think it was ever fully confirmed on Real Madrid's website. On transfermarkt it says his contract expires in 2017 - the proposed new contract was supposed to add an extra year onto that, so it looks like it was just speculation and never actually happened.

He did.
Maybe is was so they didn't lose him for cheap, saying that I've no idea how long he had left on his contract.

His 'old' contract was due to expire in 2017, so there's no chance they'd have lost him for cheap. I don't think he ever actually did sign a new contract (speculation was it'd be till 2018 but I can't see an official source that says he did).

Loads of places said he did, but I don't think it was ever fully confirmed on Real Madrid's website. On transfermarkt it says his contract expires in 2017 - the proposed new contract was supposed to add an extra year onto that, so it looks like it was just speculation and never actually happened.

Yeah, it also says on most of these sites that he's had a thigh injury that was supposed to keep him out until New Years. Guess we'll see in the coming weeks what is the truth here actually, but he could just have been injured this whole time. Personally I think they would be indifferent to him leaving and we could get him, but us actually going in for him is a whole different story.

His 'old' contract was due to expire in 2017, so there's no chance they'd have lost him for cheap. I don't think he ever actually did sign a new contract (speculation was it'd be till 2018 but I can't see an official source that says he did).
Fair enough.

Where has Ben Smith said this?

Well it wasn't on Twitter but that Shamoon person works for bbcsport. Ben Smith said it on a transfer update clip on the BBC sport website. It's just whether you believe Ben Smith or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.