Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Barrett@TonyBarretTimes
52s

Talks between Man United and Everton continuing but no breakthrough.
Collapse

:mad:

All this shit when we could have simply activated his release clause, pay almost as much if not less than what we eventually will and give him more than a month to train with the team, get a preseason with us, etc. Shambles. Its really horrifying who's thinking these through atm.

All this shit when we could have simply activated his release clause, pay almost as much if not less than what we eventually will and give him more than a month to train with the team, get a preseason with us, etc. Shambles. Its really horrifying who's thinking these through atm.

True, but Baines may be slowing things down. I am sure we are still pushing for both, which may be why he didn't ping the release clause of Fellaini and piss them off.

That is all I can think of.

Just give Everton what they want for Baines, even if it's £35M. Break our transfer record and do it now.

We've had an amazingly shit summer - it's the incompetence that really irks me. To summarise:

- Fellaini available for the entire summer for £23.5m - we wait for the clause to expire and then leave it until the final day of the window (thereby depriving us of him for the opening games) to complete a deal for more than the aforementioned fee.
- We're tracking a left back that we do not need and will only get him for a minimum of £15m.
- We're happy to piss money up the wall for a left back but we baulk at an extra €6m on a genuinely talented player in an area of the pitch where we have chronic issues.

We have been an utter joke this summer.

We've had an amazingly shit summer - it's the incompetence that really irks me. To summarise:

- Fellaini available for the entire summer for £23.5m - we wait for the clause to expire and then leave it until the final day of the window (thereby depriving us of him for the opening games) to complete a deal for more than the aforementioned fee.
- We're tracking a left back that we do not need and will only get him for a minimum of £15m.
- We're happy to piss money up the wall for a left back but we baulk at an extra €6m on a genuinely talented player in an area of the pitch where we have chronic issues.

We have been an utter joke this summer.

Have to agree with this.

It also looks like Woodward's negotiation 'tactics' only serves to put other clubs' backs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.