Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are getting none of them. Those players would break the wage structure at Arsenal.

Also why would Madrid get rid of Benzema? They have like only 2 strikers at the club and he's one of them.

Fabregas, Thiago, Fellaini, Baines and now Herrera. Each bid failed because (according to the press), we've bid nowhere near the asking price. With this being played out in public and with each passing day, other clubs have become aware of United's desperation. Everton want between 20 to 25 million for a 29 year old. De Rossi is 30. If true, £15m is a reasonable price for a top player in comparison.

Bolded quote is simply not true.

We probably never even bid for Thiago, I'd like to see the source that said we bid well below his asking price. The Fabergas saga wasn't successfully because he wants to stay at Barca. We only bid for Herrera yesterday, there could still be legs in that move yet. Yes we haven't met Baines asking price, that's because he's not worth what Everton are asking for. Rumours are a deal is close for Fellaini now, if it goes through we'll have to see what figures are reported before deciding whether or not United were justified in starting off with lower bids and not meeting his release clause. The only source for the De Rossi bid is Sky Italia, who seem to be as reliable as The Sun or The Mirror when it comes to transfer news.

The only one that you could argue we bid "well below" the players value is Fabergas imo.

He's available on a free someone said. Surely even Woodward can't bid too low on this one.

It'd be funny if we ended up with Kaka, Fellaini, De Rossi and Herrera.

He could insist on United only paying half his salary :)

Kaka :lol: not been the same player for years, he's heading back home to Brazil imo.

Kaka :lol: not been the same player for years, he's heading back home to Brazil imo.

Already said himself that he's not.

To be honest, he's not been the same player due to injuries, illness. But i'd still take him as a stop gap.

Bolded quote is simply not true.

We probably never even bid for Thiago, I'd like to see the source that said we bid well below his asking price. The Fabergas saga wasn't successfully because he wants to stay at Barca. We only bid for Herrera yesterday, there could still be legs in that move yet. Yes we haven't met Baines asking price, that's because he's not worth what Everton are asking for. Rumours are a deal is close for Fellaini now, if it goes through we'll have to see what figures are reported before deciding whether or not United were justified in starting off with lower bids and not meeting his release clause. The only source for the De Rossi bid is Sky Italia, who seem to be as reliable as The Sun or The Mirror when it comes to transfer news.

The only one that you could argue we bid "well below" the players value is Fabergas imo.

come on now, dont you know its in fashion to question every single move we make and criticize them with contradicting logic? take that rational thinking elsewhere

25m when he's been available for 23m for the past 2 months. feck yeah.

Just saw Dan Fletcher's profile pic and I burst out laughing... I thought it was him.

Let's hope, it's a beginning of an avalanche of good news for the weekend and monday.

I hope this is the usual Twitter bullshit, I mean every time we are linked with an actual top talent it is, so hopefully that holds true for the links with mediocre ones as well.

I do think it is the latter. We pushed hard for Fabregas, which wasted a lot of time.

That's the thing though. We fecking didn't did we? Pushing hard for Fabregas would mean offering a significant bid, our bid wasn't in line with Fabregas being the world class player that he is. We wasted our time by making unrealistic bids.

Can we stop believing tweets just because they agree with the current pessimistic approach to everything?

That's the thing though. We fecking didn't did we? Pushing hard for Fabregas would mean offering a significant bid, our bid wasn't in line with Fabregas being the world class player that he is. We wasted our time by making unrealistic bids.

Exactly. £40m should have been banged out on the table with no hesitation. He's twice the player than Fellaini is.

The first two bids were ridiculous, I admit that. If the third bid was true, then was it £36 million? That was perhaps something that was a reasonable price. It's funny because a £40-£45 million bid wouldn't be any thing out of the ordinary from us, we have paid over the odds for players before. I would say Fabregas was worth that price anyway

If we have signed him for £25mil when he was a available for £23mil, that's a joke. If you cost any other business £2million quid with a mistake you would be gone. But this is far from confirmed.

I'll bullshit Stu so don't worry. Everton and Fellaini wouldn't risk playing if the deal was done. An injury cost cost them the 23/25/48.1m or whatever bollocks it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.