Trevoh Chalobah | to Palace on loan with no option or obligation to buy

A shit Chelsea player being linked to United by Chelsea journalists… if only we had Sherlock Holmes to solve this mystery…

Watched him alot for unders for England, I remember him being a DM though for England.

Even transfer market has him at 12 million? 25 million is too much, again getting ripped off.
I said the same in this thread earlier that even 25m seems a lot for this guy but people have convinced themselves that he's going to be a good signing. I just don't see it.

We seem hell bent on trying to help Chelsea out for some reason.

I said the same in this thread earlier that even 25m seems a lot for this guy but people have convinced themselves that he's going to be a good signing. I just don't see it.

We seem hell bent on trying to help Chelsea out for some reason.

He seemed to have a good finish to the season (if I'm not mistaken many Chelsea fans felt he was their best defender..). But yeah not sure about him myself, rather go for Tosin for free and use the money for a proper CDM/CM.

100% being used by Chelsea to drum up interest to help them cheat FFP again. Steinberg should be close towards being moved towards the banned list. All of the United related news he reports on has a very clear link to Chelsea and their interests.

I’d rather risk him costing double next season if we still want him and he has a good season by then, than spending £25m now for a player who just missed most of the season with a big injury. We made that mistake with Mount and paid for it this season (and maybe for seasons to come, if his situation doesn’t improve).

Of course, any signing can just do their ACL slipping in the bathroom, but you have to limit the risk factor as much as you can in planning recruitment.

Also would be good if this new football structure can do better than young PL players guaranteed to be overpriced, Branthwaite and Chalobah don’t strike me as requiring much scouting behind it.

Watched him alot for unders for England, I remember him being a DM though for England.

Even transfer market has him at 12 million? 25 million is too much, again getting ripped off.

Would you sell Kobbie Mainoo for £42.5 mil?

No?

Thats how useful Transfermarkt is.

When Chelsea is upgrading, we are taking scraps. This should not be happening but has happened a fair bit post Fergie.
Mata, Matic, Mount, Falcao, Lukaku (indirect).. This is not the mentality we should be having.

Weird post. Mata and Matic were decent players for us. Mata was shoehorned to the right as well, not really his fault was 25 when we signed him. It's also not their fault that they joined us in our banter era. Mount is a good player who was great for Chelsea and joined us at 24?

Falcao went to Chelsea after his United spell. Lukaku is probably the worst example here. Just consider how much money Chelsea have lost on him? We took a €10m loss on him after 2 years, and then Chelsea went and spent 100m pounds on him just for him to flop spectacularly. Him to Chelsea in 2021 is one of the worst transfers of all time.

Decent. Unspectacular but solid. Should never be the primary first choice RB but can do a solid job there for a stretch in the season if there’s an injury crisis.

Cheers.

Would you sell Kobbie Mainoo for £42.5 mil?

No?

Thats how useful Transfermarkt is.

I wouldn’t have sold Kobbie for 100 million when I was watching play for our youth teams, I know a good player when I see one.

That's how I know this player because I've watched him for years, he has been playing quite a bit for Chelsea the past few season and never got over 25 million euros - to me he is not worth over 14 million pounds.

Why are you so bitchy about it?, are you a fan of his? If so... do you think his injuries are a problem?

I remember he was injured abit when he was younger.

Can we stop signing Chelsea's cast offs?

No can do. Real Madrid and Chelsea would go bankrupt without Charity United.

Do you think getting a combined total of 12 games a season between Martinez and Chalobah is possible, or is it wishful thinking?

I wouldn't want to give any more money to Chelsea after the Mount transfer.

It would be a joke if we ended up paying a fee for Chalobah, then Chelsea bring Tosin in on a free.

It would be a joke if we ended up paying a fee for Chalobah, then Chelsea bring Tosin in on a free.

Worse than a joke, it'd be a fecking scandal.

Start to wonder if we exist to be a football club or just exist to fix Chelsea/Dortmund/Real Madrids bookkeeping errors.

If Ten Hag plays with a back 3 or if you replace him with Tuchel or Poch who do, Chalobah is really solid in that system. If you’re playing a back 4 he’s not starting calibre for a big club.

I wouldn't want to give any more money to Chelsea after the Mount transfer.

No way we go and do something stupid like that with proper people running the club surely.

Pre Ineos this is exactly the dumb shite we'd do, leave a freebie like Tosin, who isn't great but a decent squad player, to pay £25million for a similar if not slightly worse player. If we're still doing this shite then I think we can safely assume nothing is changing here even with big Jim at the helm.

I’d rather risk him costing double next season if we still want him and he has a good season by then, than spending £25m now for a player who just missed most of the season with a big injury. We made that mistake with Mount and paid for it this season (and maybe for seasons to come, if his situation doesn’t improve).

Of course, any signing can just do their ACL slipping in the bathroom, but you have to limit the risk factor as much as you can in planning recruitment.

Also would be good if this new football structure can do better than young PL players guaranteed to be overpriced, Branthwaite and Chalobah don’t strike me as requiring much scouting behind it.
Considering the raft of injuries our defence had this season and the fact most of them aren’t up to scratch anyway, it would be crazy to take that risk on another player where we just don’t know how he’ll recover.

If we had four robust defenders and Chalobah was a cut price option for rotation then yes it is worth the risk. Not when we need a proper starting partner for Martinez to play 90% of games.

Chelsea fans on Reddit are saying he is their best defender with Silva and it would be a terrible sale for 25. They lost one of their last 11 games with him playing, against city. No shame in that. Maybe he’s actually really good but mounts lack of progress this year (and Mata Matic) has everyone spooked

Chelsea fans on Reddit are saying he is their best defender with Silva and it would be a terrible sale for 25. They lost one of their last 11 games with him playing, against city. No shame in that. Maybe he’s actually really good but mounts lack of progress this year (and Mata Matic) has everyone spooked
They said the same about Mount too. I genuinely think it's just down to them loving an academy product and not wanting to lose him.

What? Tosin isn't a ball playing passing CB in the slightest. He's comfortably worse on the ball than Chalobah is.
You must be blind, then. Watch some footage of him spitting the entire pitch repeatedly with passes along the ground or pinging cross field passes to the wingers.

Things that as you know as well as I do having watched every match of Trev’s that he doesn‘t do.

Ideally get both. Think we need pace more than anything in the pair alongside Martinez

According to stats, Tosin is superior to him in almost everything ( interceptions, blocks, heading clearances and aerial battle won). Chalobah is slightly better in pass completion. Chalobah is still young and he can play in different roles. However I would hate if we end up giving money to Chelsea for an inferior player to the one we could get on a free

They said the same about Mount too. I genuinely think it's just down to them loving an academy product and not wanting to lose him.

There’s is an element of that with me, I freely admit that. He is not our best CB but in the games he played this season, he was our best performing CB. In terms of overall quality I’d have him below Colwill and Silva. Where he differs from them is his versatility. He can cover RB and DM to have fairly reliable standard. He’s basically the perfect squad player.

I actually rate him quite high and think he’s a solid player, but I do have my reservations if Chelsea are willing to let him go. Been burnt a few times

You must be blind, then. Watch some footage of him spitting the entire pitch repeatedly with passes along the ground or pinging cross field passes to the wingers.

Things that as you know as well as I do having watched every match of Trev’s that he doesn‘t do.

Chalobah on the left, Tosin on the right. In what universe is the guy on the right better at passing?

According to stats, Tosin is superior to him in almost everything ( interceptions, blocks, heading clearances and aerial battle won). Chalobah is slightly better in pass completion. Chalobah is still young and he can play in different roles. However I would hate if we end up giving money to Chelsea for an inferior player to the one we could get on a free
They also play for different teams so it’s hard to read into stats that much. Both seem good without being amazing but there’s potential to get to the next level. If you can pick up both for £25m, you’re laughing though.

Tosin? Are there two Tosins in the PL then because I’ve seen a highlights video that (like usual) shows a mix of good moments from numerous games including some good long passes. Like I could do for most CHs?

But when I’ve watched Fulham games (v us in full or highlights) I don’t remember thinking “that guys a passing CH” in th3 slightest. I thought he was a decent defender though.

They also play for different teams so it’s hard to read into stats that much. Both seem good without being amazing but there’s potential to get to the next level. If you can pick up both for £25m, you’re laughing though.

I don't mind if we get them both and get rid of Maguire and Lindelof for actual money. However it seems that Tosin is on his way to Chelsea while we seem going for Trevoh

We're getting linked with a worrying amount of English talent. I don't like this strategy at all.

We're getting linked with a worrying amount of English talent. I don't like this strategy at all.
What did you expect with Brexit Jim?

Brandon Williams/Tarkowski/Maguire/Chilwell
Shelvey/Mainoo
Maddison
Sancho/ Rashford / Gordon

Cattermole as manager

Same stuff we heard from Chelsea fans about Mount. Even if you take away the injury problems, he's still a mediocre, overhyped, massively overpriced English player with a transfer fee and wages over double his true value.

Chalobah on the left, Tosin on the right. In what universe is the guy on the right better at passing?

Except one plays for Fulham and the other plays for Chelsea. Also a tiny sample size if that's just 23/24 season because Chalobah was injured for most of it.

I wouldn’t have sold Kobbie for 100 million when I was watching play for our youth teams, I know a good player when I see one.

That's how I know this player because I've watched him for years, he has been playing quite a bit for Chelsea the past few season and never got over 25 million euros - to me he is not worth over 14 million pounds.

Why are you so bitchy about it?, are you a fan of his? If so... do you think his injuries are a problem?

I remember he was injured abit when he was younger.

My point is more that Transfermarkt is a poor source to reference when looking at relative transfer values because they don't ever get it right on a player and usually under estimate them by a large distance.

I think Chalobah is a good player, solid, not spectacular, but I also think that of Tosin and I think Tosin, at 26 is probably all that he is going to be, that may be the case with TC as well, and while conventional thinking might say you have two players of slightly different profiles, one is free and 26, one may cost £25mil and is 24. It is obvious to go for the free one right? I don't think so.

Tosin will likely be getting his last/first big (huge) contract with this move and two of the teams in for him are teams that need to be creative with their transfer fee spending, but are otherwise quite money rich. This probably manifests itself in high agent fees and high signing on/loyalty bonuses, all of which can easily run up into the 10's of millions over the course of a contract and that is before considering his weekly wage.

Chalobah is in a situation whereby, yes, you pay £25mil initially, but if his agents/signings fee are considerably lower and his weekly wage also reflects that, then over the course of say a 5 year deal, Tosin might run more expensive than Chalobah.

The idea that we've just lost the plot as a club if we pay for Chalobah whilst not getting Tosin (like its that simple) is just the kind of brain dead simpleton thinking that has got us in trouble for years.

Is this guy any better than Big Willy really?